IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Haters

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-12, 08:44 AM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what drives me nuts are these people that cruise in the right lane when you are trying to merge. The other day I was getting on the highway with 4 cars in front of me. Traffic is going 60-65 and I couldn't go faster than 50-55 with these people in front of me. As I am running out of room to get on the highway this a$$hole doesn't want to move out of the lane and let us in. I am forced to get on her tail, and when I go around her she wants to look at me like I am the jerk. I am starting to think we should have to retake a written test when renewing your license. GRRR
Old 01-28-12, 09:08 AM
L3XOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another idiotic driver.
Old 01-28-12, 10:37 AM
ILowNslowI
Pole Position

Typical...it wasnt in the F but I was in my 05 CTS-V Thurs night, cruising down the road(the V is loud!) had some dip**** in a tahoe with exhaust pull up next to me, rev like crazy, switching & swerving lanes, there was 4 young teenage kids in there hanging out the windows screaming at me(no clue what), of course the woman looks at me after & says 'why do guys have to do that...(jokingly)I hate this damn car'
Old 01-28-12, 12:08 PM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My absolute favorite is when someone pulls up next to you in the right lane at a light because they want to get around you. Of course they only have about 200 feet to get past you before that parked car. Just sit there like you don't have a care in the world but when that light turns green you hammer the gas. Some guy in a carrera 4S tried that with me and I still remember the sound of his car smashing into the back of an SUV. Music...
Old 01-28-12, 12:11 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got 2 thumbs up today ....one was from an M3 I pulled away from on the hwy
Old 01-28-12, 06:55 PM
xjason
Driver

Originally Posted by Kingkrs
what drives me nuts are these people that cruise in the right lane when you are trying to merge. The other day I was getting on the highway with 4 cars in front of me. Traffic is going 60-65 and I couldn't go faster than 50-55 with these people in front of me. As I am running out of room to get on the highway this a$$hole doesn't want to move out of the lane and let us in. I am forced to get on her tail, and when I go around her she wants to look at me like I am the jerk. I am starting to think we should have to retake a written test when renewing your license. GRRR
Unfortunately, its jerks like this that cause accidents that never should happen in the first place.
Old 01-28-12, 07:24 PM
Kingkrs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xjason
Unfortunately, its jerks like this that cause accidents that never should happen in the first place.
you are so right. I just think it is funny that people want to look at you crazy and give you the finger when stuff like that happens. Just a little common sense on the highway would do a lot of good.
Old 01-30-12, 07:11 AM
js619858
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dinardalvi
Don't worry this isn't hate , this is Cali driving especially in the Bay area. This happens almost every day to me and I used to get all worked up. So now I overtake the sob and brake. At least is fun.
Maybe it is a Cali thing! haha

A lot of time I signal to change lanes or exit and as I'm about to change into the next lane I see a car all the way in the back like 10 cars back but right as I signal to change lane the car then speeds up and instead of passing me they slow down and drive right next to you so you can't change lanes or exit! WTF!!!

Also with the ISF, I saw these females from nowhere taking pictures and looking at my car on my driveway! WTF! Looks like they were waiting for me to come out, haha.
Old 01-30-12, 09:16 AM
fred900
Driver School Candidate

Haven't seen that happen much in Cali, but on the East Coast, you can't use your turn signal, if you do they will surely cut you off!
Old 01-30-12, 10:07 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

All the Loves and hates i guess , its socal thing lolz..... Enjoy it..
Old 01-30-12, 11:27 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

^^^ Yeah there are a lot of haters in Socal....
Old 01-31-12, 04:38 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D-bag drivers and oblivious drivers are becoming the norm now. I try not to let it get to me, but they are irritating.
Old 01-31-12, 05:16 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by js619858
A lot of time I signal to change lanes or exit and as I'm about to change into the next lane I see a car all the way in the back like 10 cars back but right as I signal to change lane the car then speeds up and instead of passing me they slow down and drive right next to you so you can't change lanes or exit! WTF!!!
People seem to like doing this during merge lanes which collapse into a single lane at a vanishing point, too. Instead of alternating cars like a zipper, they'll try to block or straddle both lanes, just to get one car ahead. Par for the course, here in DC, VA, MD.

As to the F, I don't think many of my negative experiences have been related to the car, specifically. I feel most drivers are too oblivious, as it is, to really give my vehicle special attention.
Old 01-31-12, 11:32 AM
silky f
Driver

someone recently cut my tire =*(
Old 01-31-12, 10:26 PM
js619858
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
People seem to like doing this during merge lanes which collapse into a single lane at a vanishing point, too. Instead of alternating cars like a zipper, they'll try to block or straddle both lanes, just to get one car ahead. Par for the course, here in DC, VA, MD.

As to the F, I don't think many of my negative experiences have been related to the car, specifically. I feel most drivers are too oblivious, as it is, to really give my vehicle special attention.
I always let people in when merging but people seem to never let me in, haha.

Also I hate when people speed and flash you even when the light is turning red. All the spending some cars do and I'm still a car length behind while driving speed limit.

Quick Reply: Haters