IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Geico is gonna drop my coverage of my F because of customization!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-12, 08:52 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Geico is gonna drop my coverage of my F because of customization!

Just got a call from Geico stating that because of my customization which enhances the speed of the vehicle they cant cover me. Im like wtf. Ive been with them for a decade. I have 3 vehicles covered by them now.

Not long ago i was rear ended. I had to replace my joe z exhaust. I didnt have the correct policy to cover after market stuff, so geico paid up to 1000 on my exhaust. I had no issue with that. They told me to get the extra coverage just in case it happens again. So I have about 10k in stereo equip and the exhaust and intake. This was 2 months back. I just got the call today about being dropped.

I couldnt believe that ****. So I told the lady if someone adds a drop in performance air filter yall gonna drop them also. She Had no answer. I then told her if yall cant cover me then I will be taking all of my cars else where. She didnt like that. Oh its only one car. wtf ever lady. Its all or nothing! Now she is gonna speak to her manager.

Anyone else ever had this issue.
Old 01-23-12, 09:17 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

A friend got a call from USAA - they were dropping him because he inquired about coverage for an HPDE. Just asked so he would know if he needed to purchase separate track day insurance.

Yes, some of these companies make really questionable decisions.
Old 01-23-12, 09:28 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
A friend got a call from USAA - they were dropping him because he inquired about coverage for an HPDE. Just asked so he would know if he needed to purchase separate track day insurance.

Yes, some of these companies make really questionable decisions.
Damn just for asking? Well whatbinsurance do u and others have. Most of us have customizations.
Old 01-23-12, 09:32 AM
CaptAwsm
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What idiots, drop them on all your cars and rub it in their face. They should be bending over backwards because your 3 cars with them and 10 years of loyalty.. and this is how they treat you.
Old 01-23-12, 09:38 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by chris6878
Damn just for asking? Well whatbinsurance do u and others have. Most of us have customizations.
I just recently switched from Allstate (who originally beat USAA's quote for Georgia when I moved here) to Nationwide with the same coverages and saved 35% over Allstate's platinum plan. I don't have any mods to my car, I spend all my mod money on track weekends. Learning to drive the car well is worth a lot more to me than winning a stoplight race.

Originally Posted by CaptAwsm
What idiots, drop them on all your cars and rub it in their face. They should be bending over backwards because your 3 cars with them and 10 years of loyalty.. and this is how they treat you.
Exactly this^^.
Old 01-23-12, 09:51 AM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I NEVER use insurance companies like allstate or state farm. Not only are their rates a joke but those companies are so big they really wont care if you take your three cars and go somewhere else. Its the cost of doing business to them... Many people will make the argument "oh i don't trust those smaller no name insurance companies" or " they'll probably never pay out if you have a claim". I've found the exact opposite to be true. Smaller companies really want your business and they'll go the extra mile to get it and keep it. About 10 years ago i was with Allstate and i missed a payment and they dropped me like a bad habit. Best thing they ever did for me..LOL
Old 01-23-12, 09:59 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

The biggest risk with a small company is a regional disaster wiping out their capitalization. Allstate didn't get wiped out when the storms hit the Southeast, but their home owner's insurance went up 26% this year alone. This tells me two things - their actuaries are not doing their jobs well, and their competitors are killing them in some of their business lines.

The biggest reality in dealing with insurance is you can't predict how a claim will be handled, and until this happens, you really don't know much about your insurance company.

Or you make a phone inquiry about a track day, and they drop you...
Old 01-23-12, 10:47 AM
Rbtmatt
Rookie

I have Wawanesa Insurance here in SoCal. They are based in San Diego and I have never had a proplem with them. The only claim I had to file with them was great. Paid out very quickly and went after the ofther person's insurance because it was not my fault. The only "issue" with them is they only insure "good" drivers to keep their rates low. The last time I checked, you could not have more than one point on your driving record.
Old 01-23-12, 10:57 AM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Years ago, I worked at the State Farm home office in Normal IL. At the time I had a '69 Boss 302. They dropped me because supposedly I peeled out of the parking lot. Trust me, I wasn't stupid enough to lay rubber in the parking lot of my insurance company. The fact that I was an employee meant nothing. The bottom line is that insurance companies are 1) arbitrary and 2) do whatever the hell they want.
Old 01-23-12, 11:36 AM
wsMB
Driver

how about AAA? they ALWAYS give me top notch service. and when i had a Z with work meisters some lady scratched the whole side of my car. they let me find a shop and paid for the repairs on the wheels which werent covered. (of course this accident wasnt my fault but they fought for me. lady tried to say i was "racing" and she had no idea i was coming up behind her lol)
Old 01-23-12, 11:45 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I could never get insurance for my highly modified Acura TSX. I actually had to go with a custom car insurance place since I wanted to have everything done to the car covered.
Old 01-23-12, 11:47 AM
GenuineKid
Driver

thats why i just stick to farmers.. i don't pay extra coverage for any of my modifications.. Cause i actually had an accident with my boosted IS300, and they covered all my aftermarket parts, intercooler, cf hood, etc.
Old 01-23-12, 11:49 AM
Jim2jz
Driver

WOW. Ive never heard any like that...... I have Erie.
Old 01-23-12, 12:56 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Damn 7no you peeled out supposedly and they dropped u. I guess u wish you had rode a bicycle to work!

WEll geico called me back and said the manager would work something out. I guess that fact I was going to take all my cars really annoyed them. I cant wait to see if they will try and increase my premiums in August.

You know I wonder what they say to supercar owners.
Old 01-23-12, 01:01 PM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by staman
I NEVER use insurance companies like allstate or state farm. Not only are their rates a joke but those companies are so big they really wont care if you take your three cars and go somewhere else. Its the cost of doing business to them... Many people will make the argument "oh i don't trust those smaller no name insurance companies" or " they'll probably never pay out if you have a claim". I've found the exact opposite to be true. Smaller companies really want your business and they'll go the extra mile to get it and keep it. About 10 years ago i was with Allstate and i missed a payment and they dropped me like a bad habit. Best thing they ever did for me..LOL
I personaly stay away from small companies. My father for example ended up being the meat in a sandwhich accident. The person that cause the accident had a small company insurance and it took them eight months to cut him a check for his totaled 94 toyota pick-up xtra cab with 85k miles.

Also this makes me question how they came about to decision. I also have Geico and I have their extra covereage to cover all my aftermarket parts from my wheels to my gfx kit and they've never given me a phone call "knock on wood".

Quick Reply: Geico is gonna drop my coverage of my F because of customization!