IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Buying 2012 IS-F, need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-12, 02:37 PM
LBmtb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I guess it would be a bad assumption to make since it's up to the dealer. The two dealers I've dealt with (Newport Lexus for my IS350 and Westminster Lexus for my ISF) both held off on drilling.
Old 01-23-12, 02:55 PM
caco666
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Great feedback, thanks everyone. The Lexus here in Glendale also does the most annoying thing. They will add the words "OF GLENDALE" below Lexus on the back of all of their cars. That crap is definitely not going on my car. So lame.
Old 01-24-12, 07:25 PM
caco666
Rookie

Wow, the dealer did a somewhat shady thing. The IS-F that supposedly was going to be sold to me was "reserved" for another customer.

Of course they don't tell me this right away but several hours into the price negotiation. So, no blue IS-F for me.

Did you all have such a hard time finding your IS-F?
Old 01-24-12, 07:47 PM
fred900
Driver School Candidate

The only UBM in Socal is a 2011 in San Diego
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

And a 2012 at Keys in Van Nuys

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

There are only a couple of black one also.
Old 01-24-12, 08:44 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I didn't have a hard time finding my F. Sounds like more dealer tactics trying to see which customer is willing to pay a higher price for the same car. Did that particular car have a document stating it was reserved? I did check out Lexus of Glendale's inventory. the added emblem stating it's from that dealer shouldn't be a deal breaker. But I can understand how you wouldn't want one to begin with. As for the drilling of holes, I remember having to sign a waiver stating that it was my decision to not run a front plate where the dealer was set to install it for free. Still don't have the holes, but have been utilizing different ways to show that it's visible yet not drilled onto the bumper.
Old 01-25-12, 06:09 AM
cyster2007
Rookie

When I bought my IS-F on Nov., my USB is the only one in the northeast reigon, so even the interior is the white, I still take it, now I got used to it
Old 01-25-12, 06:21 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cyster2007
When I bought my IS-F on Nov., my USB is the only one in the northeast reigon, so even the interior is the white, I still take it, now I got used to it
The only 2012 USB in the Northeast? Good thing the F is still rare
Old 01-25-12, 10:47 AM
caco666
Rookie

Originally Posted by fred900
The only UBM in Socal is a 2011 in San Diego
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

And a 2012 at Keys in Van Nuys

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

There are only a couple of black one also.
Called Keyes and the USB is gone. Will talk to them to see if any new ones are on the way. Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I didn't have a hard time finding my F. Sounds like more dealer tactics trying to see which customer is willing to pay a higher price for the same car. Did that particular car have a document stating it was reserved? I did check out Lexus of Glendale's inventory. the added emblem stating it's from that dealer shouldn't be a deal breaker. But I can understand how you wouldn't want one to begin with. As for the drilling of holes, I remember having to sign a waiver stating that it was my decision to not run a front plate where the dealer was set to install it for free. Still don't have the holes, but have been utilizing different ways to show that it's visible yet not drilled onto the bumper.
See, here's where I think they're being shady. After checking with the manager the sales girl said everything was good and the car was mine if I wanted it. I asked repeatedly if there was a deposit on it previously and both her and the sales manager said that the car was available on it's way to Glendale via Japan. A few hours later, I call again and this time a different sales manager says the car had a deposit on it but the customer "most likely" didn't want the car. They told me to wait for a phone call on Tuesday. They didn't call, and I left several messages. Finally got in contact with the sales girl and she said the car was sold.

The saga continues, stay tuned...
Old 01-25-12, 01:57 PM
ISFC6
Pole Position

Everyting happens for a reson. Too much money. The IS body style is at the end of it's cycle. There may be some dealer cash as well for the F. Even at "invoice", they are still making thousands of dollars, as they are reinbursed for the holdback, wholesale financial reserve, and the Toyota Dealer Advertising can also be negotiable. In 08/09, people were getting 12-13K off MSRP, with the 5K dealer cash, as they were overproduced. I can't help but laugh now when they only want to discount 2-3K from the MSRP. I personally would not buy a 12, unless I could get at least 10K off of the sticker on one, especially because the MSRP has risen a lot for the 11 and 12 model years, making the car not a good value anyomore at or near MSRP.
Old 01-25-12, 02:09 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
The only 2012 USB in the Northeast? Good thing the F is still rare
Looks at location, lols
Old 01-27-12, 08:21 AM
FsportDFW
Driver School Candidate

OP- I sent you a PM
Old 01-27-12, 10:51 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I wouldn't pay more than 1-2k over invoice.

Originally Posted by caco666
Wow, the dealer did a somewhat shady thing. The IS-F that supposedly was going to be sold to me was "reserved" for another customer.

Of course they don't tell me this right away but several hours into the price negotiation. So, no blue IS-F for me.

Did you all have such a hard time finding your IS-F?
That's BS. Send in a complaint to Lexus Corp and tell them they screwed you around.
Old 01-27-12, 09:31 PM
walt48416
Driver School Candidate

I bought my '11 in October. Sticker was 66k and paid 60.5 plus TT&L. They were doing a 1.9%APR special at the time as well.
Old 02-05-12, 12:16 AM
caco666
Rookie

Folks, I'm at a total loss. It seems Lexus is not shipping any new USBs to the states. It saddens me that I see a bunch of USB ISx50’s.

Any advice? I must have a 2012 USB but the dealers will not even take my money for an order. What are my options?
Old 02-05-12, 07:40 AM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caco666
Folks, I'm at a total loss. It seems Lexus is not shipping any new USBs to the states. It saddens me that I see a bunch of USB ISx50’s.

Any advice? I must have a 2012 USB but the dealers will not even take my money for an order. What are my options?
Know anyone in Tokyo you can stay with? Seriously, have you checked into used? Might be some good 11s or even 12s with low miles.

Quick Reply: Buying 2012 IS-F, need some advice