Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im giong to go for these also looks like a great idea
Old 02-11-12, 10:09 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but, how can the ride height be the same if the wheel gaps are different? Aren't the two correlated somehow? Isn't that like saying I could lessen the wheel gap in the front without changing the ride height. Not being a smart ***....just trying to understand what you're saying.
Because the suspension design is based on ride height first and foremost. It is the one constant from car to car. Lots of other variables determine the final wheel gap on any given car, and even two cars - identical models - may have very different wheel gaps, but will have identical ride heights.

Wheel gap does not impact handling or safety. Incorrect ride height impacts both handling AND safety. They ALWAYS get it right at the factory even if the body panels aren't identical or identically installed.

If you look in the collision repair manual, you'll see tolerances for all the dimensions. The tolerance for ride height is +/- zero.
Old 02-15-12, 06:49 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Lowering Kit has been order, Steven from VipautoSalon said it should take about 4 weeks to arrive from Japan. Steven told that all of sudden they had seen increase interest for kit in last week, I told him that I had started thread on CL, and that thread sparked some interest on kit and several members were interested in possibly purchasing this kit but were waiting to see it installed on F and feed back once it was installed.

I told him if lowering kit works out well they should carry a few of these kits in stock instead having to wait month or more to receive one, to his credit Steven told me he would try to expedite shipping and see if he could get it to me sooner at no additional cost to me.

So now we wait for kit to arrive once here I will take detail pics of install and will give you my driving impression I will also get another F owner to test drive the car and get there feed back as well.
Old 02-15-12, 07:13 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Because the suspension design is based on ride height first and foremost. It is the one constant from car to car. Lots of other variables determine the final wheel gap on any given car, and even two cars - identical models - may have very different wheel gaps, but will have identical ride heights.

Wheel gap does not impact handling or safety. Incorrect ride height impacts both handling AND safety. They ALWAYS get it right at the factory even if the body panels aren't identical or identically installed.

If you look in the collision repair manual, you'll see tolerances for all the dimensions. The tolerance for ride height is +/- zero.
Old 02-15-12, 08:58 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

And where do we get this from:
*Can also get camber adjuster*brackets for the upper control arm from lexus if needed.

My tires are pretty much shot in the front. I have to get new tires and need to fix the inner tire wear badly. Lowered 1 in. from H-tech. Has anyone installed the SPC ball joints that were in a couple other threads? I have not heard from anyone who actually installed these.
Old 02-15-12, 02:22 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by davcrz5
Lowering Kit has been order, Steven from VipautoSalon said it should take about 4 weeks to arrive from Japan. Steven told that all of sudden they had seen increase interest for kit in last week, I told him that I had started thread on CL, and that thread sparked some interest on kit and several members were interested in possibly purchasing this kit but were waiting to see it installed on F and feed back once it was installed.

I told him if lowering kit works out well they should carry a few of these kits in stock instead having to wait month or more to receive one, to his credit Steven told me he would try to expedite shipping and see if he could get it to me sooner at no additional cost to me.

So now we wait for kit to arrive once here I will take detail pics of install and will give you my driving impression I will also get another F owner to test drive the car and get there feed back as well.
Have you been given an install quote? My Lexus tech told me $225 install which includes alignment.
Old 02-15-12, 02:24 PM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fleadog99
And where do we get this from:
*Can also get camber adjuster*brackets for the upper control arm from lexus if needed.

My tires are pretty much shot in the front. I have to get new tires and need to fix the inner tire wear badly. Lowered 1 in. from H-tech. Has anyone installed the SPC ball joints that were in a couple other threads? I have not heard from anyone who actually installed these.
I'm just assuming they are oem Lexus parts? The Lexus tech would be doing my install at his own place, but said he'd get those from Lexus.
Old 02-15-12, 08:09 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Not OEM Lexus. There are no parts from Lexus to change front or rear camber.
Old 02-16-12, 06:30 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Not OEM Lexus. There are no parts from Lexus to change front or rear camber.
Correct. They would have either came with the car, hence OEM or be labeled F-sport brand.
Old 03-04-12, 08:20 PM
Phillysays
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone gotten the kits in yet? I am dying to see the drop on a 2011. I'm hoping it takes out the ugly front gap and rides the same as stock. That would be the best of both worlds.
Old 03-05-12, 05:42 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

I'm assuming he's still a few weeks out from delivery. I'm waiting patiently as well (to see his).
Old 03-05-12, 06:19 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

When lowering kit arrive I will notify everyone on CL, I'll be taking pictures of kit as well as install.
Old 03-05-12, 08:53 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

subscribed.

With access to a CNC machine, and some grade 8 bolts these kits would be easy to replicate.
Old 03-05-12, 08:13 PM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

subscribed
Old 03-05-12, 08:47 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
subscribed.

With access to a CNC machine, and some grade 8 bolts these kits would be easy to replicate.
A cheap home quality lathe is all you'd need. Nothing special about making a couple of spacers. Heck, you could do this with a washer stack if you wanted to be really cheap.

Quick Reply: ISF front lowering kit