IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Newbie with a few random 08 ISF questions

Old 01-16-12, 08:38 AM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with a few random 08 ISF questions

Info > Screen Settings > set top option to OFF

There are only 2 options there so this is very simple. It's the top one which I set to OFF.

I'm a newer (08) ISF owner and have flipped through all of the booklets and tried to search and read a ton, but may have just missed the answers to my questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - Remote entry - When leaving the car I know I can press the door handle button to lock the car without using the FOB. I can't seem to do this same kind of thing to open it though which makes me feel like an idiot. Can I unlock the car by using the door handle button? Maybe I'm pressing the handle button too short or too long? Or do I always have to use the FOB to unlock?

ANSWER: simply put hand on handle and it'll unlock (no button presses needed)

2 - Navigation - Is there a way to keep the touchscreen on the Audio screen? Or will it always default back to the nav map? There are times when I want to fiddle with audio a lot and keep it on that screen but it always switches back to the map after x seconds.

ANSWER: Info > Screen Settings > set the top option to OFF

3 - true-dual exhausts - I believe the ISF has cats in two places(?) and the full systems get rid of the rear cats... Do you smell any exhaust fumes without the rear cats? I could live with the smell but would prefer not to (for the wife's sake).

4 - Orange County CA shops - I've seen some recommendations for LA-are shops but was wondering if anyone knows of a good Lexus shop in Orange County to have scheduled maint or other work done.

Thanks in advance!
Steve

Last edited by anxiouz; 01-16-12 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-16-12, 09:17 AM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my dear friend....reading the owner manual or if you don't have one, try go to lexus' web site to read the online maual will slove you half of the question and you will discover a lot more basic function of the car
1. While the key in your pocket. put your hand between the door handle and it will unlock door/doors.

2. push 'Audio' hard button on the side, it will stay on Audio screen.

Congrats on your 'F' by the way.
Old 01-16-12, 09:19 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

The audio screen doesn't stay put when I push the button, do you have to hold it down or is this not possible?
Old 01-16-12, 09:22 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by anxiouz
I'm a newer (08) ISF owner and have flipped through all of the booklets and tried to search and read a ton, but may have just missed the answers to my questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - Remote entry - When leaving the car I know I can press the door handle button to lock the car without using the FOB. I can't seem to do this same kind of thing to open it though which makes me feel like an idiot. Can I unlock the car by using the door handle button? Maybe I'm pressing the handle button too short or too long? Or do I always have to use the FOB to unlock?

2 - Navigation - Is there a way to keep the touchscreen on the Audio screen? Or will it always default back to the nav map? There are times when I want to fiddle with audio a lot and keep it on that screen but it always switches back to the map after x seconds.

3 - true-dual exhausts - I believe the ISF has cats in two places(?) and the full systems get rid of the rear cats... Do you smell any exhaust fumes without the rear cats? I could live with the smell but would prefer not to (for the wife's sake).

4 - Orange County CA shops - I've seen some recommendations for LA-are shops but was wondering if anyone knows of a good Lexus shop in Orange County to have scheduled maint or other work done.

Thanks in advance!
Steve
Welcome, to answer your questions:

1. Put your hand in the door handle and make sure your key fob is in your pocket. This will unlock the car. To lock the car you press the button on the door handle.
2. I think that is by default.
3. Yes, you will smell some gas fumes but its not that bad. Remember you still have the primary cats on still.
4. It seems that most people in CA goes to Tommy @Musicbox. Not sure where that is but check with the locals.
Valkirk
Driver

It's a setting on the setup menu, i'll try and find the right manual part for you
spddemon
Pole Position

When opening the door don't press the button just pull on the handle, make sure u have the fob in your pocket. Sorry I can't help with nav I don't have it.
Old 01-16-12, 09:23 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

like he said with the door handle - the door handles have a touch sensor on the front doors, with key fob in pocket- simply put your hand in the handle and the car will unlock the doors for you (almost like it knows you)...lol

as far as audio screen staying....there is a setting in your touch screen options that you can set the screen to auto change to navi or stay where you initially pressed (like audio) ...flip thru the menu and you'll see it.

exhaust I cant comment on-- I have a borla axle back system (for audio only-im sure I get nada in HP gains but not lookn for that in that system anyways)...
Old 01-16-12, 09:31 AM
Valkirk
Driver

Can't find manual but sure it's Setup button then display. Option to switch back.
Old 01-16-12, 09:46 AM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Wow, thanks for the quick feedback everyone! I'll check my menu settings for the nav/audio thing at lunch and will report back here on what I find.

I spent a full weekend reading both the manual and nav "books" but that's a lot of material to absorb(!) and I just don't remember seeing these items.

And the door handle thing...LOL! I can't believe it was so simple. I bet I was pressing the lock button just after the door unlocked itself when my hand was there. That's hilarious (and embarrassing).
Old 01-16-12, 10:11 AM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually found out something new with the FOB the other day. Not sure if you guys know this but you can program the fob to your seat preference so when you unlock the car it automatically moves the seat to your settings. If your the only driver of the car you wouldnt care but when you let your gf drive the car ( who's half my size) its very handy. I got soo tired of having to open the door, hit #1 seat prog, wait 5-6 seconds while the seat backs up etc... When your in the car programming the seat by holding set, and your number, you hold the unlock button on the fob as well....
Old 01-16-12, 12:23 PM
anxiouz
Lead Lap

Ok, the settings for keeping the Audio or Climate screen up (and not defaulting back to nav) is:

Info > Screen Settings

There are only 2 options there so this is very simple. It's the top one which I set to OFF. It's just worded a little strange.

I also updated my original post in case someone else comes across this (to save time from reading all posts).

Thanks again for everything.