IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New To CL Greetings From Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-12, 12:08 PM
spddemon
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StrykarISF
Thanks for the reply good to know the history on who had it first, glad it seemed to be in good hands! Condition wise it def was for having 18,000 miles, clean! Update: Installing the ppe header and joe-z exhaust this weekend, as well as the takeda if ever shows up in the mail, then I will re-visit the same dyno I did when the car was stock. The car stock made 364whp and 346.2 lb/ft <-- this will be the same dyno I visit when I am done with the car. Stock dyno vid can be found here at about 2min 10sec. Compilation from this summer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI3MGx9_R0U
Cool vid! Nice line up of rides. I always wanted an s2k, but being 6'5 it's a tuff squeeze . Looking forward to some vids of your F with the new installs, maybe some inside and out while cruising.
Old 01-15-12, 09:52 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Hey guys I finished up installing the ppe headers and joe-z exhaust tonight heres the vid. The steam is because it was 28 degrees out and the smoke is from the coated header and new piping. Tired so I'm off to sleep, but hey the ending is funny! (recorded with iphone )

Right click banner below to "watch on youtube"... 720p has the slightly better audio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7fmHNI_8I0&hd=1

Last edited by StrykarISF; 01-15-12 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-15-12, 10:17 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

How much louder did the headers make it?
Old 01-15-12, 10:22 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
How much louder did the headers make it?
It's insane, in a good way. I pretty much was speechless when I first hit the start button on a cold startup

Did you already buy yours?
Old 01-16-12, 06:24 AM
lukeisf
Driver

Did you go without cats
Old 01-16-12, 08:22 AM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by StrykarISF
It's insane, in a good way. I pretty much was speechless when I first hit the start button on a cold startup

Did you already buy yours?
I was thinking you had the JOE Z exhaust already installed and was just now putting on the headers, curious to how much louder it is with the headers plus exhaust.

I've got the Joe Z setup installed, does sound great. I haven't purchased the headers yet, think I will go with the Sikky headers though when I do!!

There must be 4 or 5 ISF's rolling around western washington with I/H/E setups!
Old 01-16-12, 11:12 AM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by lukeisf
Did you go without cats
Yeah no cats, anyone have any trouble going catless? When I first started it up; no check engine lights, then when I pulled it out of the garage I had 6 codes, 4 o2 sensor codes and 2 control module poor performance codes. It may have been freaking out with the new setup and adjusting a learning curve. Or all the new smoke coming off the pipes, there may have been some inside the pipes too that tripped an o2 sensor. Not really sure, but I cleared the codes and they have yet to come back.
Old 01-16-12, 12:27 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
I was thinking you had the JOE Z exhaust already installed and was just now putting on the headers, curious to how much louder it is with the headers plus exhaust.
I can only judge it from when my car was bone stock, since the header and joe-z exhaust were put on at the same time, it would have been fun to try the header on stock exhaust first to judge the rumble but I just wanted to do everything at once while I had it on jack stands. Its a bit louder than stock for sure with the current setup and it scared my "Mopar" dad when I rev'd it to the moon! Glad he approves haha.
Old 01-16-12, 01:15 PM
lukeisf
Driver

Did u use the o2 conditioner that came with the headers
Old 01-16-12, 01:32 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

Did u use the o2 conditioner that came with the headers
Yeah, there was enough room to tuck the black conditioner box inside of the ecu storage box once all 6 wires were connected. I think my problem is the black ground wire on the conditioner side which connects to the ISF's brown connector E3 PIN28 may not be fully engaged causing the high voltage code, resulting in the other poor performance control module codes etc. I am putting that off until next weekend when I have more time. But I am liking the sound at idle!
Old 01-16-12, 06:31 PM
lukeisf
Driver

I have 0 codes using the o2 conditioner and I welded hi flow cats onto the Joe z exhaust. Did you change the o2 sensors. I had to becuase they stripped
Old 01-16-12, 07:38 PM
StrykarISF
Rookie

I have 0 codes using the o2 conditioner and I welded hi flow cats onto the Joe z exhaust. Did you change the o2 sensors. I had to becuase they stripped
Did not have to replace any o2 sensors no...applied rost off to threads before removal and onto the joe-z and header bungs. My codes should disapear once I fix the black ground wire, its kind of a hokey connector they send you, its the blue crimp one. After looking at the EWD's it makes sense that the ground wire black on conditioner side brown on sensor side inside ecu case would cause the high voltage on that sensor tripping the control module dtc's as well. (assuming that the hokey blue tap crimp isn't making good contact) I should know by this weekend. This snow has me wanting to stay in Luke have you hit a dyno yet? Any numbers? I'm planning on doing mine once the ecu and conditioner finally fall in love.
Old 01-16-12, 10:09 PM
lukeisf
Driver

No I never had a chance been meaning to. The sound of the headers and exhaust is crazy on cold starts. Have you had a chance to get an intake
Old 01-17-12, 04:53 AM
StrykarISF
Rookie

No I never had a chance been meaning to. The sound of the headers and exhaust is crazy on cold starts. Have you had a chance to get an intake
Haha actually I gave up on deciding on an intake and just ordered the black Takeda to keep the secondary air flap. Should be here within the week. Hopefully I love it and with the supporting mods maybe the HP gains on the intake will stick around now that the engine can flow.