Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribed
Old 06-06-12, 10:54 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by F4Fast
Update for you guys. After talking to them personnaly today, they know their stuff. This will be a parallel/standalone system. Not a piggyback. So get ready for alot, alot of awesome good features. 32inputs and 32outputs. If all goes well even cam and throttle will be controlled, making it possible for more power. In about three weeks, we will start the R&D and ive seen some of these guys work. Their welding, custom work, all is impressive. They will be getting their tools, their equipment all ready and we will have a friday of fun runs and sat of research. We will be taking signals from sensors, cam/crank positions and relativity. It will be a fun project, and i cant wait to work on my baby. New sensors will be used, new signals will be interfaced to make sure its 100% proof. Once all is done, more sensors will be installed, and a custom turbo kit will be made. There is plenty of room under the headers, perfect place for turbos, but the hard part will be the intake side. All can be done. And a thread will be made in @ 2-3 weeks with all the results and work. Pictures and videos will be posted as all will be something thay will get the interest of alot. Once its all said and done, you guys can judge.

Cant wait for it, and i cant wait to start breaking and making records.

what shop is this bro!?
Old 06-06-12, 11:13 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck keep us posted
Old 06-07-12, 05:40 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

As bad as i want to tell you guys alot of info., i cant. I am only limited to telling you guys about it, updating you guys, and keeping a crowd going and hyped. But as soon as we get all this going, they will be sponsors of the site, and they will be the ONLY is-f tuners, period. What i can say is, the guy who designed the AEM EMS, is the same guy who made this EMS. This isnt a easy tuning EMS, but from what i know, and from what these guys said, they want to make something very well designed and well made, a full custom fabricated is-f turbocharger kit, and with the quality u see in a ferrari or lambo tt. We are debating as which turbos to use, but to get an idea, PTE 6262 or 6266 are the main candidates. What we, and I especially and pushing for, is the F to stand out of the crowd and put itself as a contender at TX2K13. Corvettes, mustangs, camaros, gtos, g8, supras, evos, stis, all of those are top dogs at the meets. Its time for a change, and we are hoping, i am really hoping, all goes well and i can bring that to the table.
Old 06-07-12, 06:39 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Besides I/H/E, the only other safe mods I can think of for the F is ported throttle body, ported intake, speed de-limiter, and NOS. The fastest ISF in the world did this and achieved ~630 RWHP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW3HAx7uWWo
Thats not the fastest ISF in the world

Update for you guys. After talking to them personnaly today, they know their stuff. This will be a parallel/standalone system. Not a piggyback. So get ready for alot, alot of awesome good features. 32inputs and 32outputs. If all goes well even cam and throttle will be controlled, making it possible for more power. In about three weeks, we will start the R&D and ive seen some of these guys work. Their welding, custom work, all is impressive. They will be getting their tools, their equipment all ready and we will have a friday of fun runs and sat of research. We will be taking signals from sensors, cam/crank positions and relativity. It will be a fun project, and i cant wait to work on my baby. New sensors will be used, new signals will be interfaced to make sure its 100% proof. Once all is done, more sensors will be installed, and a custom turbo kit will be made. There is plenty of room under the headers, perfect place for turbos, but the hard part will be the intake side. All can be done. And a thread will be made in @ 2-3 weeks with all the results and work. Pictures and videos will be posted as all will be something thay will get the interest of alot. Once its all said and done, you guys can judge.

Cant wait for it, and i cant wait to start breaking and making records.

This sounds great. I just put off my turbo setup because its more economical to buy the datsun i want and go crazy. Having a shop do all the dirty work first is going to be great
Old 06-07-12, 06:58 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

U know i didnt catch that! Lmao, its not the fastest. I think it ran a 12 sec pass. Spinning. I think unare the fatest recorded time to date mr. Slay. And im happy with these guys doing it for me. These guys are monsters withtheir builds and fab. Ive seen some of their gtr work, evo work, man, its impressive
Old 06-07-12, 07:15 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For some reason this thread reminds me that one from Elite and their attempt to supercharge the ISF. Time to get the popcorn and wait to see the results...
Old 06-07-12, 07:38 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,947 Likes on 1,371 Posts

^^^^Hmm, surprised you didn't mention this thread Juan - You were a big part of it

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...breakdown.html

Lou
Old 06-07-12, 07:58 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

U know i didnt catch that! Lmao, its not the fastest. I think it ran a 12 sec pass. Spinning. I think unare the fatest recorded time to date mr. Slay. And im happy with these guys doing it for me. These guys are monsters withtheir builds and fab. Ive seen some of their gtr work, evo work, man, its impressive
Hummm... GTR, Evo, .. Is the shop T1? Ive seen there stuff and its really great work.Getting the car ready in time for TX2K this year would be great.
Old 06-07-12, 08:04 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

I didn't start or push that thread at all Lou. I was, like many other members at the time, interested in seeing an ECU tune for our cars. I wasn't the only one who volunteered to use his/her ISF as guinea pig, however it was agreed by members to be me just because it was winter time and I was located in Miami, where weather wasn't an issue.

I did all I was asked to do, by Andy and the members. I had before and after dyno sessions, I went to the track, I raced another ISF member on the street... I went through different things trying to help everyone, at the end I presented the results and that's it, I never advertised MHP or Andy, I never said that people should get the tune, not on those old threads nor by PM (because I was PMed multiple times by many members looking for an advice).

The member that introduced Andy and MHP, and that pushed the tune was 8speed (or something like that), not me.
Old 06-07-12, 09:40 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,947 Likes on 1,371 Posts

^^^^Juan, sorry if you got the wrong impression from my post. I never implied that you were promoting MHP, but only that you had a hand in testing and providing information to MHP, and providing a service to your fellow members here and to the ISF community as a whole.

You are one of the members here that I rely on as a straight shooter. Sorry if my post came across as anything else

Lou
Old 06-07-12, 10:23 AM
F4Fast
Pole Position

Well, heres the deal. The fact that, 1 the f does not use a body controller, like nissan, and the transmission is a converter, not a twin clutch, and Also it being a 8 speed, doesnt help one bit. But because the f has a tcm and they comminucate through canbus -/+ it shouldnt be a problem. The tricky part will be getting the ems, stock ecm, and tcm to communicate back and forth accordingly, without codes, faults, etc.

For those who are a bit lost, i can try and clarify it a little bit.

Body controllers do exactly what they are named, control body sensors signals, inputs, outputs. Nissan, you can hook up to it with a laptop, and then open trunk, locks, windows, gauges, a/c, radio, horn, etc. Lexus has the body controller intergrated in the ecm. Thats one of the tricky parts.

Communication goes through 2-4 wires back and forth, im not sure how exactly the isf works, but on 18wheeler diesel trucks(my field of work) they communicate through J1939, where the body controller, ecm, tcm, brakes system, and any other intergrated equipment ecms will "TALK" to eachother and keep eachother updated 1000s of time a minute to ensure all is working properly. If one of them was to have a fault, it will automatically tell the others and make sure there is no extra power given out, and togo into limp mode. Dependig on how serious the code is, it will or wont go into limp mode.

So i understand what they are doing and how all works. All we are waiting for now is how to get it all figured out. The fun part lol.
Old 06-07-12, 10:42 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

^^^ Yeah, it sounds easy and you're probably right in theory... but are you taking encryption into account?
Old 06-07-12, 11:04 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Yes, I took the comment in a different way but everything is better now, thanks Lou.

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
^^^^Juan, sorry if you got the wrong impression from my post. I never implied that you were promoting MHP, but only that you had a hand in testing and providing information to MHP, and providing a service to your fellow members here and to the ISF community as a whole.

You are one of the members here that I rely on as a straight shooter. Sorry if my post came across as anything else

Lou

Quick Reply: ECU tuning