IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Tonight might be my last night with her

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-11, 01:28 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by infinus
I'm picking up a 2005 chevy aveo from my brother in law for $3800, tires are like 60 bucks, that's like a tank of gas in the F LOL. Whenever I get in it I feel like I hear that circus song they play for clown cars. lol
Haha! Welcome to owning a beater! My daily driver/beater is a 98 Integra (car I owned in college). Impressive list of cars you're shopping for. When do you plan on pulling the trigger?
Old 11-09-11, 01:34 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I loved your F... Best of luck to you, drop by from time to time...
Old 11-09-11, 11:48 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
Haha! Welcome to owning a beater! My daily driver/beater is a 98 Integra (car I owned in college). Impressive list of cars you're shopping for. When do you plan on pulling the trigger?
They actually have mods and a forum for this thing, rims are like 80 bucks a pop, I could fully mod the entire car for the cost of an exhaust for the F LOL

I'm in no rush to pull the trigger especially when spending this much money, I want everything to be perfect. I also want to keep my payments around what I paid on the F so it will probably be a couple months or so as I like to keep my payments low so I can mod. When I do get it I plan on doing tons of events like the spectre hill climb, targa trophy rally, modball rally etc.

I'm heavily leaning towards the GTR,, the Porsche interior is a bit old fashioned to me. While the P car is more of a "drivers" car I love technology, and all the data and tech capabilities of the GTR really appeal to me, and my family has owned 11 Nissans in the past since the late 80's with no issues. The AMV8 is dead sexy but I love speed and I fear the lack of it plus the slim pickings in aftermarket parts would lead me to sell it after a short while. The AM might be saved for the mid life crisis car lol
Old 11-10-11, 01:31 PM
anson89
Driver

They actually have mods and a forum for this thing, rims are like 80 bucks a pop, I could fully mod the entire car for the cost of an exhaust for the F LOL

I'm in no rush to pull the trigger especially when spending this much money, I want everything to be perfect. I also want to keep my payments around what I paid on the F so it will probably be a couple months or so as I like to keep my payments low so I can mod. When I do get it I plan on doing tons of events like the spectre hill climb, targa trophy rally, modball rally etc.

I'm heavily leaning towards the GTR,, the Porsche interior is a bit old fashioned to me. While the P car is more of a "drivers" car I love technology, and all the data and tech capabilities of the GTR really appeal to me, and my family has owned 11 Nissans in the past since the late 80's with no issues. The AMV8 is dead sexy but I love speed and I fear the lack of it plus the slim pickings in aftermarket parts would lead me to sell it after a short while. The AM might be saved for the mid life crisis car lol
True. I've been looking to sell my ISF so I can get a 2012 GTR as well.
Old 11-10-11, 02:15 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glws!! Kit!
Old 11-10-11, 11:09 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
Glws!! Kit!
For sure, I'll need some sick concave wheels once I get the GTR
Old 11-11-11, 12:49 PM
imports4me
Pole Position

Get the GTR, you will love it....

if you haven't seen this...watch it.....lmk what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJAqgOybEQA
Old 11-12-11, 12:01 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by imports4me
Get the GTR, you will love it....

if you haven't seen this...watch it.....lmk what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJAqgOybEQA
Yeah I've seen it, the GTR is a beast no doubt, and the launch is where it does it's best. It's Achilles heel is the roll though, from a roll this video would have been a much different story. I wish it was lighter
Old 11-12-11, 09:14 AM
staman
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got to do the same thing. I dont drive the F in the winter here so I've got to go find a beater to drive for the winter.. I hear you about the F and the gas. People always come up to me and ask me how I like the ride. My response is "I love it". Then they ask me how it is on gas and i reply "oh its terrible"..
Old 11-12-11, 12:55 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

I don't understand the terrible gas comments this car receives, it gets far better gas mileage then my G35 coupe, yet outperforms it x10.
Old 11-12-11, 02:42 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by staman
Ive got to do the same thing. I dont drive the F in the winter here so I've got to go find a beater to drive for the winter.. I hear you about the F and the gas. People always come up to me and ask me how I like the ride. My response is "I love it". Then they ask me how it is on gas and i reply "oh its terrible"..
I was just referring to the fact that the beater has a smaller tank and I can put the cheap stuff in it. My F was great on gas, even with my mods and heavy foot I averaged 21 city and 27 highway which for a car of its performance is outstanding IMO.
Old 11-12-11, 04:02 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
I don't understand the terrible gas comments this car receives, it gets far better gas mileage then my G35 coupe, yet outperforms it x10.
Cause I get 15-17mpg in the city (its a big v8 I know and I'm ok with it). Not complaining, just saying

I was just referring to the fact that the beater has a smaller tank and I can put the cheap stuff in it. My F was great on gas, even with my mods and heavy foot I averaged 21 city and 27 highway which for a car of its performance is outstanding IMO.
I wish I got that city mileage
GL with the new car hunting!
Old 11-12-11, 11:11 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DCoolBeans
Cause I get 15-17mpg in the city (its a big v8 I know and I'm ok with it). Not complaining, just saying

I wish I got that city mileage
GL with the new car hunting!
Maybe its because I never sit in traffic and everything in arizona is far apart so it stretches that city mileage.