2011 Lexus ISF price?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-11, 02:15 PM
G35LIN
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Lexus ISF price?

Hey guys,

Im looking at a 2011 Lexus ISF right now and the dealer is offering me 1k BELOW invoice.

Is this a good deal? Do you think i should push for more since the 2012s are out right now?

Thanks

Ed Lin
Old 10-28-11, 02:40 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Hi Ed,

Welcome..!!

$1,000 Below Dealership Invoice is Pretty darn good...!!!!

Ask to see the dealer invoice and ask if there is any Lexus incentives this month if you buy the car before 10/31/11......

Good Luck

~ Joe Z
Old 10-28-11, 02:43 PM
Linkseal
Driver

Any price below invoice is just good!! But how do you find out their true invoice price?

Here in Vancouver Canada, they offer 8k off the retail price if you pay cash...
Old 10-28-11, 03:03 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Originally Posted by Linkseal
Any price below invoice is just good!! But how do you find out their true invoice price?

You ask for the print out.......

I have asked and kept every copy of dealership invoice on all my Lexus' purchases...

~ Joe Z
Old 10-28-11, 05:49 PM
KiyomiF
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z
You ask for the print out.......

I have asked and kept every copy of dealership invoice on all my Lexus' purchases...

~ Joe Z

Joe Z - you are just full of useful information

G35LIN - did you get it??
Old 10-29-11, 12:46 PM
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by G35LIN
Im looking at a 2011 Lexus ISF right now and the dealer is offering me 1k BELOW invoice.
What are the numbers? I see new 2011's on Cars.com listed for $59K to $68K. The 2012's are listed $66K to $68K.

Dealers get special rebate deals if they sell a certain amount of cars. They want to move cars at the end of the month or time period to reach those goals. That price might go away on November 1st.

They also want to get the cars that they have off the lot so that they don't want to pay an additional months worth of loan interest and insurance.
Old 10-29-11, 03:01 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

If you don't mind sharing...what is an invoice on $65k F?
Old 10-29-11, 03:48 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Salil022
If you don't mind sharing...what is an invoice on $65k F?
This is straight off of Edmunds.com.....

Which is pretty much in par with Lexus Dealership pricing in certain zip codes..

Below is Los Angeles MSRP & Dealership pricing for 2011 & 2012 Lexus IS-F's..

Edmunds was/is missing the "Preferred Accessory Package" selection on the 2012 pricing...
So you can simple add the same "$131 / $220" from the 2011 pricing..

~ Joe Z
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Lexus ISF price?-2011-lexus-is-f-pricing.jpg   2011 Lexus ISF price?-2012-lexus-is-f-pricing.jpg  
Old 11-01-11, 10:32 AM
John7033
Driver School Candidate

Default is $60-61K for a 2012 ISF unreasonable?

The dealer won't take my money

I was planning to buy a S4 or an M3, but I'll spare you the details of how I came to choose an ISF of over them.

The ISF was more than I expected. For an average driver like me, it's just as good as an S4 or M3. The problem is that the dealer wants too much. I'm willing to pay $61,500 (any Lexus dealer), which is around $1500 over the dealer price. In smaller markets, I suppose it makes sense to hang onto an ISF for a while, but I was prepared to buy it yesterday on the last day of the month. The dealer insisted on almost 63k (they led me to believe they would accept 60K the previous day if the deal was completed by the end month).

The net result is I did not buy the car. This is Sacramento so maybe the small market dynamic is at work here, but it seems to me selling a high value car for a profit on the last day of the month in horrendous market conditions would be a slam dunk.

I don't know what the financial arrangement with the manufacturer is, but walking away from such a slam dunk sale on the hope someone else is willing to pay just a little more next month seems spectacularly short sighted. A guaranteed profitable sale versus zero profit. My only conclusion is that possibly the month was so bad that moving an ISF would have made no difference to their bonuses.

So, In northern California, is this a reasonable position for me to take?

Best Regards,
Old 11-01-11, 11:52 AM
Iqraam
Pole Position

Originally Posted by John7033
The dealer won't take my money

I was planning to buy a S4 or an M3, but I'll spare you the details of how I came to choose an ISF of over them.

The ISF was more than I expected. For an average driver like me, it's just as good as an S4 or M3. The problem is that the dealer wants too much. I'm willing to pay $61,500 (any Lexus dealer), which is around $1500 over the dealer price. In smaller markets, I suppose it makes sense to hang onto an ISF for a while, but I was prepared to buy it yesterday on the last day of the month. The dealer insisted on almost 63k (they led me to believe they would accept 60K the previous day if the deal was completed by the end month).

The net result is I did not buy the car. This is Sacramento so maybe the small market dynamic is at work here, but it seems to me selling a high value car for a profit on the last day of the month in horrendous market conditions would be a slam dunk.

I don't know what the financial arrangement with the manufacturer is, but walking away from such a slam dunk sale on the hope someone else is willing to pay just a little more next month seems spectacularly short sighted. A guaranteed profitable sale versus zero profit. My only conclusion is that possibly the month was so bad that moving an ISF would have made no difference to their bonuses.

So, In northern California, is this a reasonable position for me to take?

Best Regards,
Which dealer did you go to? We only have two in the area, Lexus of Sacto and Lexus of Roseville which both are owned by same person.
Old 11-01-11, 01:30 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

I bought my 350 when I lived in Sac, but neither of the dealerships there were willing to deal at the time, so I got it at Longo. It was worth the cost of the flight and a night at the Ritz in Marina del Rey to fly to SoCal for the car.

It's very difficult to get a good deal in Sacramento on anything unusual like an F.
Old 11-01-11, 01:42 PM
100degrees
Pole Position

Try using truecar.com and print out the voucher. Most dealers will price-match the voucher on truecar.
Old 11-02-11, 02:17 PM
ISFC6
Pole Position

There is a BIG difference between GROSS and NET invoice. Net invoice is the actual cost of the car to the dealer, AFTER all of the monies are received from the manufacturer. For Lexus and Toyota cars, you have the holdback (a percentage of money that is returned to the dealer for selling each car, which is usually sent at the end of each quarter to the dealer), TDA (Toyota Dealer Advertising), and wholesale financial reserve, not to mention any additional incentive for a particular model that Toyota and Lexus may be issuing at any given period of time. When a dealer is telling you that he is selling the car below invoice, it is usually off of the GROSS invoice, and not NET invoice. You as a consumer need to get to the bottom actual NET invoice. Other considerations need to be taken, such as how long the car has been on the lot, and how old the model year is.
Old 11-10-11, 10:35 PM
John7033
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Iqraam
Which dealer did you go to? We only have two in the area, Lexus of Sacto and Lexus of Roseville which both are owned by same person.
I went to the Fulton dealership and then Roseville. I bought a new silver 2012 from Yargo in Roseville.

I now have around 200 miles on it and I'm happy with it, and compiling some notes for a review from a different perspective. Maybe it will help other buyers decide.

-John
Old 11-11-11, 06:22 PM
mattcocita
Driver School Candidate

FYI...Lexus dealers should be getting their programs for the Christmas season in the next week or two. They always have good financing for their December to remember sales events. If you have financed a Lexus in the past they also have loyalty dollars.

Quick Reply: 2011 Lexus ISF price?