IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE headers installed

Old 09-15-11, 08:26 AM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ That's right!!

But unfortunately, it seems some have failed in basic street use as well..

Intermittent Power Loss & Exhaust Note Change

For the record PTS/JoeZ have never recommended the installation of any aftermarket CATs onto our X-Pipe...
However owners decide to modify, have been their own choices..

Also, we can not warranty our system if something fails in conjuction with "other modifications" made to our exhaust components.

~ Joe Z
Good thing I can swap out at any time!!

~Dv8
Old 09-15-11, 12:24 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know JE and Sikky are dynoing 400whp+ which seem to be inflated.
Old 09-15-11, 12:43 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
I know JE and Sikky are dynoing 400whp+ which seem to be inflated.
The numbers are not inflated, they are just different than what you can expect to see on a Dynojet. No dyno result should be compared to another even if they are from the same type of dyno. Results vary from every single one of them based on numerous variables.

The key here is to utilize testing on the same dyno, by the same operator, done in the same consistant manner and of course testing on the same day if possible.

We are actually having another dyno day at MachV Motorsports utilizing their Dynojet (where i normally go) on October 1st. There will be 2 IS-F's there to include a stock one and mine with Sikky Headers/Borla Exhaust. Would have been nice to have one or two more in the mix to see how they compare and of course one with PPE headers as well. Maybe we can arrange an IS-F dyno day in the future.

Anyone in the DC area have PPE headers??

Last edited by caymandive; 09-15-11 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-16-11, 07:20 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds Gr8...and damn your driveway is low lol
Old 05-24-13, 07:42 AM
lexuz125th
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys need your help!!! Car is at the dealer on the lift taken apart for headers to be installed, however I got a huge problem. I brought the car to the dealer and told them I have a huge track event that I need to leave for on the 28th of May, the said no problem Friday it will be done. Comes Friday they tell me I need new gaskets cause PPE doesn't provide enough, and the won't get any in stock until Wednesday. I was like I need to be on the track that day!! So he goes well do you want us to just reuse the old ones, however if you get an Exhsust leak its not our fault. I told him you guys said you warranty the job, now if I get an Exhsust leak you guys should fix it. No because we are telling you that you need new ones, well you knows by when I need the car and had no problem telling me it will be ready by then. I invested so much time and money for this event and this install.
They are charging me 1000 for labor not including alignment plus new gaskets. What are my options here
Old 05-24-13, 08:33 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lexuz125th
Hey guys need your help!!! Car is at the dealer on the lift taken apart for headers to be installed, however I got a huge problem. I brought the car to the dealer and told them I have a huge track event that I need to leave for on the 28th of May, the said no problem Friday it will be done. Comes Friday they tell me I need new gaskets cause PPE doesn't provide enough, and the won't get any in stock until Wednesday. I was like I need to be on the track that day!! So he goes well do you want us to just reuse the old ones, however if you get an Exhsust leak its not our fault. I told him you guys said you warranty the job, now if I get an Exhsust leak you guys should fix it. No because we are telling you that you need new ones, well you knows by when I need the car and had no problem telling me it will be ready by then. I invested so much time and money for this event and this install.
They are charging me 1000 for labor not including alignment plus new gaskets. What are my options here
Where did you get the header? PPE is on back order.
Old 06-12-13, 04:16 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Picking up my car from PPE with my newly installed headers & Borla exhaust in about an hour! I have the luck of working literally 300 yards down the street from them, so I just dropped it off this morning and walked to work and now I'm about to take a stroll back over there to pick it up. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve right now! I told the wife I will be getting home late tonight, need to do some driving after I pick it up.
Old 06-12-13, 06:37 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Here she is! (Turn it up LOUD) And as most people have said before, videos just don't do it justice (especially cell phone cams vids). I am MORE than pleased with how it sounds, and I can't wait to take it out on the road and do some driving!

Old 06-12-13, 06:44 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds good.
Old 06-13-13, 12:04 AM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool LPs too bro! 8SPD_V8_F
Old 06-13-13, 08:06 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

This gets me soo excited! Cant wait to have this setup
Old 06-13-13, 03:02 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

This setup is honestly far more impressive than I had anticipated. I was worried that the Borla & headers combo might not give me enough of the mean growl that I was looking for, but boy was I WRONG! This thing sounds mean as hell, while still being relatively quiet at highway cruising speeds with no droning aside from a very tiny bit around 2200-2300rpm. And since this is an 8spd, cruising at anything below about 85mph will keep it under that so it's not an issue at all.

The sound and rumble in the seats & floor when gunning it is just intoxicating! I now have the best of both worlds - the sound & feeling of driving a 60's muscle car, with the luxury and reliability of a Lexus. Money well spent!!

As for the added power, I didn't do a before or after dyno just because I'm not really into dynos. I'm mainly concerned with how it drives. And I can tell you this: the SOMP dyno is very impressed, and I'm now able to break the tires loose going about 40mph in 2nd gear which I was never able to do before (and these are brand new tires).

Next stop: Nitrous.
Old 06-14-13, 04:10 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Car sounds great nice work
Old 06-14-13, 07:33 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jleonard71
This setup is honestly far more impressive than I had anticipated. I was worried that the Borla & headers combo might not give me enough of the mean growl that I was looking for, but boy was I WRONG! This thing sounds mean as hell, while still being relatively quiet at highway cruising speeds with no droning aside from a very tiny bit around 2200-2300rpm. And since this is an 8spd, cruising at anything below about 85mph will keep it under that so it's not an issue at all.

The sound and rumble in the seats & floor when gunning it is just intoxicating! I now have the best of both worlds - the sound & feeling of driving a 60's muscle car, with the luxury and reliability of a Lexus. Money well spent!!

As for the added power, I didn't do a before or after dyno just because I'm not really into dynos. I'm mainly concerned with how it drives. And I can tell you this: the SOMP dyno is very impressed, and I'm now able to break the tires loose going about 40mph in 2nd gear which I was never able to do before (and these are brand new tires).

I couldn't agree more! The car sounds amazing with the PPE/Borla combo. Very comfortable and quiet at cruising speeds, as Caymandive had pointed out, the drone actually lessens dramatically with the addition of the headers, but nice, deep and mean sound when you want it. I love the great noise that is made upon the rev-matched downshifts too. I couldn't be happier with this setup.
Old 06-14-13, 07:59 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jleonard71

would love to hear more details about more performance differences you noticed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PPE headers installed