IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

icode supercharger complete?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-11, 08:00 PM
clifftrail
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
^^^^ Elite took the blower off and gave him his car back in pieces from what i heard at the F meet... It was not friendly, should have gone to JE... the real F builders
Oh man, I knew there had to be a reason everything dropped of a cliff and died overnight. I'm sure the community would love to hear more details on how that turned out, do share!!!
Old 09-01-11, 04:24 AM
MRISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to simply put it, never send any parts or bring your car to Elite!!
Old 09-01-11, 10:11 AM
mercurymet
Driver

Originally Posted by 08MRISF
to simply put it, never send any parts or bring your car to Elite!!
There is a reason dyno sheets were never posted.

But still, the knowledge gained from that experience is invaluable. I wonder what the limitations were. Heat? from no IC or too small a charger. wonder how that methane injector worked.
Old 09-01-11, 10:05 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Splat disappeared too.

The iCode supercharger, on the other hand, looks good.
Old 09-02-11, 04:19 AM
rtr01
Rookie

actually what had happened was splat drove his car back from elite, had it supercharged for a bit, but the gremlins became too much for him so he had janoy aka iss forged take the supercharger off for him. and that is where his car sits right now. i believe it was the cars inability to go full throttle because of some limitation of the maf. i think...
Old 09-03-11, 06:33 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

Too bad we will probably never see one of these on a US spec car. I never even saw dyno's on the the gains of the Icode ECU module either.
Old 09-03-11, 08:22 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
It's not a chip. Its a module with a reflash in it. The bad part is, this has never worked in US spec ECMs because they're different from the Japanese ones in many ways.

I have hoped many times for a Japanese tuner to have a recalibration for US Spec cars, but it never happens. It is also a near zero probability the JDM ECM will even connect to a US spec harness.

I'm usually not one to get involved in challanging conversations on CL about above items such as this.

But when I received my HKS supercharger from Japan it came with a JDM Ecu and the HKS Fcon-iS was hard wired to it. The friend I got the S/C from just cut the stock harness after the splicing.

To sum this up. I pluged up the stock JDM ECU inplace of mine. Works with no issues. I still have it. I thought the same thing about CAN com.
Also fromwhat I gathered it has a different tune for higher RON type fuels.

Also if you want a stock tune with a full EMS control contact your local HKS pro dealer. They should be able to make a jumper harness just as I have done with the added HKS OSC controller. The OSC controller reads lamda and applies a feedback voltage to the stock ECU. It then takes this data and allows the HKS Pro Gold full EMS to run in "closed lopp" justt as the stock PCM does. The HKS Pro Gold has two maps that are tuneable just for the closed loop maping. One is Airflow and the other is Pressure. This is the same proceedure the stock PCM uses. So it works without any CEL once tuned. And because it's closed loop no need for retuning. I have alot more on this but I'm not a prodealer so I'll have to stop typing before CL banns me

iCode just rebranded HKS's OSC controller which is allowed under HKS's Prodealer agreements. Thats how they're tuning.

Last edited by HKS350; 09-03-11 at 08:28 AM. Reason: spelling failures
Old 09-03-11, 08:34 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by darbs242
^^^^ Elite took the blower off and gave him his car back in pieces from what i heard at the F meet... It was not friendly, should have gone to JE... the real F builders
That was splats car he lives in South Florida like myself. I'm guessing that project is over. Hopefully his car is running good after all the tinkering. On a positive side Elites intake manifolds make good power.
Old 09-03-11, 08:41 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by infinus
Too bad we will probably never see one of these on a US spec car. I never even saw dyno's on the the gains of the Icode ECU module either.
Curious if there us any info on the power gains from the ecu tune.
Old 09-04-11, 08:50 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by HKS350
I'm usually not one to get involved in challanging conversations on CL about above items such as this.

But when I received my HKS supercharger from Japan it came with a JDM Ecu and the HKS Fcon-iS was hard wired to it. The friend I got the S/C from just cut the stock harness after the splicing.

To sum this up. I pluged up the stock JDM ECU inplace of mine. Works with no issues. I still have it. I thought the same thing about CAN com.
Also fromwhat I gathered it has a different tune for higher RON type fuels.

Also if you want a stock tune with a full EMS control contact your local HKS pro dealer. They should be able to make a jumper harness just as I have done with the added HKS OSC controller. The OSC controller reads lamda and applies a feedback voltage to the stock ECU. It then takes this data and allows the HKS Pro Gold full EMS to run in "closed lopp" justt as the stock PCM does. The HKS Pro Gold has two maps that are tuneable just for the closed loop maping. One is Airflow and the other is Pressure. This is the same proceedure the stock PCM uses. So it works without any CEL once tuned. And because it's closed loop no need for retuning. I have alot more on this but I'm not a prodealer so I'll have to stop typing before CL banns me

iCode just rebranded HKS's OSC controller which is allowed under HKS's Prodealer agreements. Thats how they're tuning.
We're talking apples and oranges. HKS F-Con V rocks for an awesome piggyback, but it's not a reflash. It's a full interface between the OEM ECM and the engine that lies to the OEM ECM to make it think everything is stock while it handles the tuning parameters. In the IT security world we call it a man-in-the-middle attack. It works. It's not nearly as elegant or cheap as a proper reflash would be, and it requires permanent modification to the wiring harness which only adds to the expense should you want to return the car to stock and sell it.

TRD sold a gizmo just like the one iCode is selling, and it was definitely a reflash for the Scion tC supercharger kit. If iCode is rebranding an HKS part - why isn't the HKS part available from HKS?
Old 09-04-11, 02:33 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Looks amazing!!

Old 09-05-11, 11:00 AM
MRISF
Pole Position

I thought HKS was out of business now?
Old 09-06-11, 01:52 PM
2011is350
Driver School Candidate

Hey would that supercharger work in my 350?
Old 09-06-11, 06:06 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
We're talking apples and oranges. HKS F-Con V rocks for an awesome piggyback, but it's not a reflash. It's a full interface between the OEM ECM and the engine that lies to the OEM ECM to make it think everything is stock while it handles the tuning parameters. In the IT security world we call it a man-in-the-middle attack. It works. It's not nearly as elegant or cheap as a proper reflash would be, and it requires permanent modification to the wiring harness which only adds to the expense should you want to return the car to stock and sell it.

TRD sold a gizmo just like the one iCode is selling, and it was definitely a reflash for the Scion tC supercharger kit. If iCode is rebranding an HKS part - why isn't the HKS part available from HKS?
Right about the reflash being a cleaner setup but as always its not an option for the Lexus/Toyota guys. The iCode box is a iCode mapped OSC controller produced by HKS. It just has the mapping in the controller and not external through the HKS V. This is a great option for A/F tuning tho because there map has target A/F ration. The ing. timing would be iCode's tune. iCode's box should work on US based cars because it based off of Lamda not CAN, unless it is using the comm port at the OBD2. Then your on your own. This would be the cleanest setup thus far but tuning in the US market is not going to be easy. The US based "prodealers" don't tune/calibrate the lamda OSC controller. They adjust the mapping with there trim controller (HKS V, HKS fcon iS, etc...) The iCode version is very clean because it's plug N play.

Originally Posted by 08MRISF
I thought HKS was out of business now?
The USA parts allocation is out of business, the HKS dealer network is going to buying from Japan. No middle man. This has opened the door for dealers to free lance with the HKS products a bit more now. They're not being watched as much with the HKS USA being gone.

Originally Posted by 2011is350
Hey would that supercharger work in my 350?
Here is iCodes verison of the HKS GT Supercharger kit. Their renamed kit.
> http://icode.jp/jp_cars/crown/icode_crown.html

Here is the same kit sold by HKS Japan
> http://www.rhdjapan.com/hks-gt-super...1-grs184-64030

The one for the IS-F will not work.

Last edited by HKS350; 09-06-11 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-06-11, 06:31 PM
hydralisk
Driver

7.5 grand.... Id already have one on my F at that price...

Quick Reply: icode supercharger complete?