Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

You guys may be interested in this thread in the ES350 Forum:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...art-sytem.html

Lou
Old 11-22-13, 11:31 PM
Maxxam
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I am reviving an ancient thread but I wanted to interject - There is a possibility of incorporating the OEM remote start feature on a US spec car if we can get some assistance and input from some members / F owners that are Toyota/Lexus techs or work in the parts department. I am a master tech and used to work for the auto manufactures (I am not in that line of work anymore).

My guess is the alarm, remote start and hopefully even the remote window functions are all controlled by one computer module. This is typically called a Body Control Module (although it could be called something else). The non-us cars that have remote start probably have a different Body Control Module (BCM) that have the remote start enabled.

What we need to research:

(1) If there is a different BCM part number for say Australia vs USA IS-F. If YES, then:

(2) Go back to the parts catalog and see if the non-us car with a different BCM uses the same wiring harness part number. If no, then it's probably over as it is not worth having to replace a wiring harness to gain the remote start feature. My hunch is the wiring harness is the same. If it is then it may be as simple as swapping in a non-US BCM into a US spec car and doing some programming with a TechStream. Chances are if a new BCM is installed, then the original key fobs need to be paired with the BCM. Who knows, maybe the non-US key fob are different (doubtful, but easy to check). Which leads to number 3…..

(3) Need a Toyota/Lexus tech from the US (and maybe outside of the US as well) confirm if there are any BCM menu options in the TechStream that make mention of the remote start or window up functions. Maybe even some 'grayed out' menu options on the US TechStream?

The bottom line is that all F's come from the same assembly line - Lexus just installs and programs different components for different countries. It is all fairly modular. Maybe someone will need to pony up and buy/try an non-US spec BCM or other module. We just need to band together to do the research and hopefully get a Toyota/Lexus deanship employee (and F owner) to start studying the parts catalog and TechStream menus. Maybe also have a non-US dealer tech look in the service manual and see what remote start or window up programming options are mentioned. I hope this gets people thinking and starting to do some research….
Old 11-24-13, 07:14 PM
Maxxam
Rookie

Originally Posted by Maxxam
I know I am reviving an ancient thread but I wanted to interject - There is a possibility of incorporating the OEM remote start feature on a US spec car if we can get some assistance and input from some members / F owners that are Toyota/Lexus techs or work in the parts department. I am a master tech and used to work for the auto manufactures (I am not in that line of work anymore).

My guess is the alarm, remote start and hopefully even the remote window functions are all controlled by one computer module. This is typically called a Body Control Module (although it could be called something else). The non-us cars that have remote start probably have a different Body Control Module (BCM) that have the remote start enabled.

What we need to research:

(1) If there is a different BCM part number for say Australia vs USA IS-F. If YES, then:

(2) Go back to the parts catalog and see if the non-us car with a different BCM uses the same wiring harness part number. If no, then it's probably over as it is not worth having to replace a wiring harness to gain the remote start feature. My hunch is the wiring harness is the same. If it is then it may be as simple as swapping in a non-US BCM into a US spec car and doing some programming with a TechStream. Chances are if a new BCM is installed, then the original key fobs need to be paired with the BCM. Who knows, maybe the non-US key fob are different (doubtful, but easy to check). Which leads to number 3…..

(3) Need a Toyota/Lexus tech from the US (and maybe outside of the US as well) confirm if there are any BCM menu options in the TechStream that make mention of the remote start or window up functions. Maybe even some 'grayed out' menu options on the US TechStream?

The bottom line is that all F's come from the same assembly line - Lexus just installs and programs different components for different countries. It is all fairly modular. Maybe someone will need to pony up and buy/try an non-US spec BCM or other module. We just need to band together to do the research and hopefully get a Toyota/Lexus deanship employee (and F owner) to start studying the parts catalog and TechStream menus. Maybe also have a non-US dealer tech look in the service manual and see what remote start or window up programming options are mentioned. I hope this gets people thinking and starting to do some research….
Looks like there is zero interest in researching this mod??
Old 11-24-13, 07:48 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

I've speculated on this for some years. The module is the "BEAN" ECU. Body Electrical Area Network. It would take someone from another market shipping this ECU to a US person to test. The part number for the Euro version is 82730-53421. It appear to retail for 1,079 euros, but I can't find any source for it using Google.

If one of our Middle East folks could go to their Lexus dealer and get the part number for the (82730) BLOCK ASSY, INSTRUMENT PANEL JUNCTION, we'd be on the path. Finding a wrecked 2IS with one of these would be even better, but it does appear to be IS-F specific.

FWIW, the JDM version is 82730-53441. I have a feeling putting a RHD BEAN into a LHD car would be problematic at best, and impossible at worst, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 11-24-13 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-24-13, 10:43 PM
Maxxam
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I've speculated on this for some years. The module is the "BEAN" ECU. Body Electrical Area Network. It would take someone from another market shipping this ECU to a US person to test. The part number for the Euro version is 82730-53421. It appear to retail for 1,079 euros, but I can't find any source for it using Google.

If one of our Middle East folks could go to their Lexus dealer and get the part number for the (82730) BLOCK ASSY, INSTRUMENT PANEL JUNCTION, we'd be on the path. Finding a wrecked 2IS with one of these would be even better, but it does appear to be IS-F specific.

FWIW, the JDM version is 82730-53441. I have a feeling putting a RHD BEAN into a LHD car would be problematic at best, and impossible at worst, but I could be wrong.
Forgot about that whole left hand drive vs right hand drive thing. That could definitely throw a wrench in things.

Still - it would be nice to get a non-US BEAN from a wrecked F. Also, it would still be interesting to hear from a US technician & a non-US technician regarding whatever sub-menu items related to remote start and remote window functions are shown on their respective Techstreams.

Any techs out there able to help?
Old 11-25-13, 01:07 AM
BULLIT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My ISF is RHD and all it does is roll down windows and open sunroof. Must be for the Middle East only?
Old 11-25-13, 04:20 AM
WillRockwe
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed on my '11 that if I walk away from the car, it will lock itself
Old 11-25-13, 06:19 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm going to be trying this when I get back to ksa and update you guys if this also applies to the 2013 GCC spec ISFs.
Old 11-25-13, 12:42 PM
Maxxam
Rookie

Originally Posted by Defratos
I'm going to be trying this when I get back to ksa and update you guys if this also applies to the 2013 GCC spec ISFs.
Awesome - thanks for the effort!
Old 12-04-13, 04:47 AM
Defratos
Racer

Just tried this on my 2013 GCC spec IS-F and it doesn't work
Old 12-04-13, 10:52 PM
Maxxam
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rider
Im talking about the ISF.
Instructions:
1- Press the unlock button twice, and hold on the third.. and voila!! car turns on!
He was from the middle east but who knows now...
Old 12-05-13, 12:13 AM
Defratos
Racer

I'm from the middle east as well, we should have the same spec IS-F's but maybe for the newer models it doesn't work.
Old 12-05-13, 10:43 AM
ISFFF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I havw My11 Middle East specs and that doesn't work too