IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My ISF evolution...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-13, 04:33 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I got my spc ball joints and BC coils installed today. Went and drove around and first impressions are that the ride is very good. I am surprised at how much better it is than stock. The car will be going to be corner balanced tomorrow and I think it is very very happy in the rear and will need to have much of the cars weight moved too the back. Without changing how they came from BC the car wants to slide across the road like a dump truck going into a corner and the rear end just wants to come out every where... Not even in the throttle at all it starts to slide out. I think once corner balanced and aligned the suspension will be a huge upgrade but right out of the box does make the car seem a bit unstable and deff loose in the rear. Fitment and quality was very high for 1000 dollars imo
Old 05-04-13, 05:45 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
I got my spc ball joints and BC coils installed today. Went and drove around and first impressions are that the ride is very good. I am surprised at how much better it is than stock. The car will be going to be corner balanced tomorrow and I think it is very very happy in the rear and will need to have much of the cars weight moved too the back. Without changing how they came from BC the car wants to slide across the road like a dump truck going into a corner and the rear end just wants to come out every where... Not even in the throttle at all it starts to slide out. I think once corner balanced and aligned the suspension will be a huge upgrade but right out of the box does make the car seem a bit unstable and deff loose in the rear. Fitment and quality was very high for 1000 dollars imo
I experienced the same feeling right after the install, but corner balancing will make it feel great again. Keep us posted with your impressions tomorrow and congrats on finally getting the BC's!

Last edited by caymandive; 05-04-13 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-04-13, 06:45 PM
efusselman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gotta have some suspension for all that power...whats next?
Old 05-05-13, 07:18 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

I too was pleasantly surprised with the high quality of the BC coils for such a reasonable price. I am still trying to figure out what my tire situation is going to be, what size PSS I am going to get, and then I plan on doing a proper corner balance. Car looks fantastic Darbs!
Old 05-05-13, 01:05 PM
darbs242
Racer

Just got back from corner balancing and the car feels better. But still needs an alignment but ended at 52 % front and 49.5 rear not sure how that works and half a percent off side to side. My driver side is astetically 1/2 lower easy. But it doesn't want to slide threw corners any more and has a little more bite in the butt. Car was only a few % off from how the came out of the box to my surprise
Old 07-01-13, 02:41 PM
darbs242
Racer

A friend and I have been working with the nitrous jetting and think we have it dead on the money for MS109 and 150 shot. Also the new nitrous computer makes it virtually impossible to have internal engine back fires and it adds rpm range peramiters on top of wide open throttle
Old 06-04-14, 04:18 PM
darbs242
Racer

Been a while without updates so i figured id show people what ive been up to with my F. First I added some interior carbon trim. Shift ****, rear center console and ashtray...

And played with my nitrous set up a bit. I removed the Zex nitrous solenoid and upgraded to a NOS Cheater solenoid. The zex one was under rated for the shot I was spraying and kept freezing not firing which was bogging the car with fuel in attempted use. Too follow I added a ZEX purge kit to have juice ready right off the line and too clear the line once I shut the bottle... Plus its fun to have a lexus shooting stuff out like a spaceship

Sold my Euroteck rear diffuser and removed my factory rear wings for some WALD replacements, did this a little while ago but love it

Last edited by darbs242; 06-04-14 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-04-14, 06:28 PM
v8sten
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ever think about pulling the heads and porting them too
Old 06-04-14, 07:22 PM
darbs242
Racer

Originally Posted by v8sten
ever think about pulling the heads and porting them too
there are a few members that have mentioned it should be the next step. I worry that something will stretch beyond the computers ability to adjust.... and that it wont have gains in general for the expense.
Old 06-04-14, 10:41 PM
v8sten
Pole Position

heads are where the power is at, in any motor. i do see where you are coming from though.how abourt a port match at least. im sure there is a ridge where the intake meets the heads. being that your intake is ported and your heads are "as cast".

I know this is comparing apples to baby wipes, but when i changed my heads on my old chevy 350, I picked up a full second in the 1/4. that was from factory ported heads to non ported aftermarket heads.

Last edited by v8sten; 06-04-14 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-05-14, 02:07 AM
ImportISF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Love your build! With all the HP mods you have done, I assume you pulled the trigger for the ECU tune as well?
Old 06-05-14, 04:49 AM
darbs242
Racer

Havent done anything with the ecu. No one has proven they have a map that works in my eyes. And I get what your saying V8sten but i dont wanna be a ginny pig for head porting
Old 06-19-14, 06:29 PM
v8sten
Pole Position

lol ............ ah common.....
Old 06-19-14, 08:38 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by v8sten
heads are where the power is at, in any motor. i do see where you are coming from though.how abourt a port match at least. im sure there is a ridge where the intake meets the heads. being that your intake is ported and your heads are "as cast".

I know this is comparing apples to baby wipes, but when i changed my heads on my old chevy 350, I picked up a full second in the 1/4. that was from factory ported heads to non ported aftermarket heads.
Japanese heads aren't usually that bad. I've seen a couple with core shift, but normally they're pretty good about getting close to design spec.

I've done a lot of cylinder head work on Japanese engines over the years. If' you really want to see something, check the deck height. They always seem to make the deck at least a millimeter too tall.
Old 06-20-14, 09:43 PM
LeUsX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks and sounds sick

Quick Reply: My ISF evolution...