IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Fake IS F conversion parts!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-11, 02:46 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
my problem is the company knocking off factory bumpers as their "style", that is a problem in my eyes
Ah, I missed this distinction...for some reason assumed the parts in question were factory.
Old 06-16-11, 02:58 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What is wrong with you people. Fake this, rip off that, non original, blah blah blah. Does anyone need to be reminded about the 2IS after market? Oh wait there's hardly any! How many aftermarket bumpers do we really see? No strictly speaking how much of an aftermarket is there for these things in here? I see no problem over at Mercedes and BMW with their aftermarket, tons of bumpers, no matter who makes them. I think some people generally like to over exhaust a topic that would be better supported if say the IS-F bumper perfectly fit a 2IS and say there were other aftermarket options. If you don't like it fine, I don't care, I'm not puttin it on my car because I'm fine with what I have. To each their own.
Old 06-16-11, 03:35 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

where's the link???
i kinda wanna buy one...
Old 06-16-11, 04:58 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Its all over ebay! Check it! LOL
Old 06-16-11, 05:03 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Its all over ebay! Check it! LOL
wonder if it'll fit on my car...
Old 06-16-11, 06:46 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw an IS250 with this. I tried racing him jeje
Old 06-16-11, 11:58 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery. Let the posers pose... they're just embarrassing themselves. Or actually, I'm a bit embarrassed for them.

Originally Posted by rominl
here's what i think i don't have problem of having isf parts on regular is. it's not much different than having body kits.

just look at mb e class and s class. most people say that those cars need to have the amg package (which includes aero) to look right and that's an option from factory. a lot of people on cl think the same too. i have also seen a lot of 3 series dressing up like the m3, it's their choice

my problem is the company knocking off factory bumpers as their "style", that is a problem in my eyes
Well, yes, the bumpers look exactly like the F, but technically they are not knocking off Lexus, because Lexus doesn't offer this kit that fits out of the box for the ISX50. So in that sense, it is a legitimate aftermarket option.
Old 06-17-11, 08:14 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
wonder if it'll fit on my car...
Haha actually it wont because the F fenders are wider than the ISx50. So the replica front bumper cover will have issues bolting on to the front fenders.
Old 06-17-11, 11:04 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

its funny how when this topic is posted in the regular IS forum, most of the comments are its acceptable as long as you don't badge it as an IS-F. While here, its not acceptable at all.

Originally Posted by darbs242
This is like putting M3 badges on your 328i or AMG on c240 .... A month after it was done your would be thinking Im not cool and everyone knows it ... haha. Not to mention you would destroy your ISx50's value by doing this. Forget how cheap it looks How much was the kit anyway?
I completely disagree with this statement. This is not like putting badges on, this is like putting body panels on...what would you call someone who puts on an IS-F badge then, you cant say its putting an IS-F badge on because you already used that line for the body panels. This is a slippery slope fallacy.

I agree that the aftermarket for the 2IS is very weak, making the IS-F body a very good choice, especially since I think so many aftermarket body kits are so horrible designed. However, I also do agree that copying the IS-F does take away from the uniques of the IS-F.
Old 06-17-11, 11:57 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

So is this acceptable? $9k worth? Its an IS250 made to look like an F. So really its an IS F/2. LOL

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...n-to-is-f.html

Old 06-17-11, 12:29 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default By definition, if it's not from Lexus, it's fake!

It's just that some fake parts, be it body, engine intake or exhaust, lighting, etc., are better than others. Personally I don't mind it being fake if the fit 'n' finish or performance is up to par.
Old 06-17-11, 12:36 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by edgeucated
its funny how when this topic is posted in the regular IS forum, most of the comments are its acceptable as long as you don't badge it as an IS-F. While here, its not acceptable at all.

I completely disagree with this statement. This is not like putting badges on, this is like putting body panels on...what would you call someone who puts on an IS-F badge then, you cant say its putting an IS-F badge on because you already used that line for the body panels. This is a slippery slope fallacy.

I agree that the aftermarket for the 2IS is very weak, making the IS-F body a very good choice, especially since I think so many aftermarket body kits are so horrible designed. However, I also do agree that copying the IS-F does take away from the uniques of the IS-F.
Putting body panels or badging your car to be something other than what it is, IMO is weak... done deal! I can buy body panels to make a miata look like a F355 and badge it accordingly. In the end when people ask me about my car, I have to tell them Im a faker and don't have the car I appear to have... That is not cool, especially when for the 9-10 grand to do so I could have bought me the real thing used. If you want to have a car that looks like an F buy an F.
Old 06-17-11, 01:36 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^^I completely agree with you that adding fake badges is weak because that is a flat out lie. However, I still think the body panel parts really depends on whose side you are on.

If you have an IS-F, then you'll see it as a negative thing when your body panels are copied because it takes away from the uniqueness of your IS-F. However, on the 2IS side, there are very few aftermarket alternatives that look as good as the IS-F.

I bet most m3 owners do not like having their body panels being copied, but they don't seem to be as offended as the IS-F owners here.

To add, I do not support this conversion kit. I would never want to see a full IS-F conversion on a regular IS. However saying that, I do have the IS-F rear bumper and am in love with it. I wanted quads, and the wald quads do not appeal to me at all. I have no intentions of ever copying the IS-F front or side fenders. Doing a full conversion IMO is taking too much from the IS-F.
Old 06-17-11, 02:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
So is this acceptable? $9k worth? Its an IS250 made to look like an F. So really its an IS F/2. LOL

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...n-to-is-f.html
it's not 9k of your money though, what's the big deal? there are people spending 4-5 on body kits and then another 5-6k on wheels, it's their choice

as long as not changing the badges to isf, which would be my biggest issue.

like i stated, before any of these came up, so many people i know look at mb and say the normal setup is weak, but with the amg package then it looks so much better. what's the difference here? and i honestly don't really care if some other 3 series put on m3 parts. and i have seen plenty.
Old 06-17-11, 02:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by edgeucated
^^I completely agree with you that adding fake badges is weak because that is a flat out lie. However, I still think the body panel parts really depends on whose side you are on.

If you have an IS-F, then you'll see it as a negative thing when your body panels are copied because it takes away from the uniqueness of your IS-F. However, on the 2IS side, there are very few aftermarket alternatives that look as good as the IS-F.

I bet most m3 owners do not like having their body panels being copied, but they don't seem to be as offended as the IS-F owners here.

To add, I do not support this conversion kit. I would never want to see a full IS-F conversion on a regular IS. However saying that, I do have the IS-F rear bumper and am in love with it. I wanted quads, and the wald quads do not appeal to me at all. I have no intentions of ever copying the IS-F front or side fenders. Doing a full conversion IMO is taking too much from the IS-F.
lol i have a m3 and i don't feel anything seeing other 3 series with m3 parts. i can care less about uniqueness. cars like m3, c63, isf, there is nothing about uniqueness. if one wants a car that can hardly be seen around, isf and m3 are hardly such cars. i get a car for what i like about the car, not because i feel anything special in it and need everyone else to recognize

with that said, i do want to say if i have a 335 or is350, i wouldn't do the conversion myself. but people doing it, what can i say.

my problem is still about whatever abc company knocking off the stock setup for the 2is

i do see how some isf owners feel offended, i guess it's just different perspective to look at things. just like how i think knock offs are so wrong in every dimension but some think it's just perfectly fine

Quick Reply: Fake IS F conversion parts!