IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

What Are you guys getting for Trade-in Value?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-11, 08:35 AM
indyberett
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$39k is very fair. There are many used 08 IS-F individual cars selling just a little north of that. I have even seen a few dealers selling them retail in my area for that amount.
Old 06-09-11, 01:57 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I've managed to pull 40.5

Should I deal for more?
Old 06-09-11, 02:09 PM
TURBOCARS
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're getting $40,500 pull the trigger!!!!! You either have some desperate for yours or they're not that smart.
Old 06-09-11, 02:38 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
I think I've managed to pull 40.5

Should I deal for more?
What are you trading for? What does that price look like?

It's all relative.
Old 06-09-11, 02:39 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
What are you trading for? What does that price look like?

It's all relative.
Exactly what I was just going to bring up. They haven't budged off their asking price. Not even $500 dollars off.
Old 06-09-11, 02:41 PM
dmk08
Intermediate

Yeah what are you trading for? I hope it's not a GT-R. Makes me sad watching people go that way.
Old 06-09-11, 06:25 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Dude keep your car!!!

This thread is depressing! From my research it looks like the resale value for the F is definitely above average compared to most cars but not top tier. Consider that used car sales are booming, I'd think that the resale would go up a bit. Good thing I'm planning to keep mine for a long time. Here's hoping that the next IS doesn't come out for another few years so I won't be tempted!
Old 06-09-11, 06:47 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I sold mine for 44k last month private sale with 15,200 miles...car had ML, navi, parking sensors...(car was returned to stock)...I got a good price on mine...but that was a lucky sale I guess...

Last edited by CrazyMPG; 06-09-11 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-09-11, 06:59 PM
mikefate
Lead Lap

I asked a close friend at land river to give me an honest answer. I have an '08. Very clean with 35k. He said they give me between $34-36k depending what I was trading it in for. On a brand new RR sport they'd give me the high end. A used one, the lower end. So I guess some of the trade in amount is relative to what you are looking to get into.
Old 06-09-11, 09:49 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dmk08
Yeah what are you trading for? I hope it's not a GT-R. Makes me sad watching people go that way.
No...Not A GTR.

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
I sold mine for 44k last month private sale with 15,200 miles...car had ML, navi, parking sensors...(car was returned to stock)...I got a good price on mine...but that was a lucky sale I guess...
Wow. Thats crazy low! I was looking to get around 47k if I sold mine privately. The reason I am not opting for private sale now, is because of the tax savings I'll be getting on the trade in and purchase. Otherwise, tax on a new vehicle can end up in the 5k range easily.

Plus...I think you gotta scoop up a good deal when you see it. Think im going through with this guys...
Old 06-09-11, 10:01 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
No...Not A GTR.

Wow. Thats crazy low! I was looking to get around 47k if I sold mine privately. The reason I am not opting for private sale now, is because of the tax savings I'll be getting on the trade in and purchase. Otherwise, tax on a new vehicle can end up in the 5k range easily.

Plus...I think you gotta scoop up a good deal when you see it. Think im going through with this guys...
So what are you getting??
Old 06-10-11, 03:57 AM
rhy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about sell it privately for more than $40.5k, then get the new car using truecar.com and score a significant discount on it.

P.S. Oops, just saw your point on saving the sales tax. Yes, that does make sense. But check it out anyway, you may still be ahead by selling privately, it all depends on what kind of a discount you'll be able to get on the new car.
Old 06-10-11, 04:15 AM
MRISF
Pole Position

Sam i don't know if NY does it but in PA if you sell privately, the dealership will do a courtesy trade so that the tax benefits will still apply for you....hope it helps
Old 06-10-11, 11:03 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

RHY,

To put me in the exact deal
I'm in now with the trade in I'd have to sell my car privately for 45 and a half. Privately I was looking to earn 47 which is 1500$ more then what I am getting in this trade in. Is it worth it to take photos, pay for advertising, detail the car, have people test drive, get my hopes up, be low balled...I'm not to sure at this point. Sure, I'd be getting more money, and Yes of course I think my F deserves top dollar, as I have given it only best of treatment since ownership. However that might mean sitting and being patient looking for the right sale. (Which I'm not partial to right now!)

Originally Posted by rhy
How about sell it privately for more than $40.5k, then get the new car using truecar.com and score a significant discount on it.

P.S. Oops, just saw your point on saving the sales tax. Yes, that does make sense. But check it out anyway, you may still be ahead by selling privately, it all depends on what kind of a discount you'll be able to get on the new car.
Old 06-10-11, 11:06 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 08MRISF
Sam i don't know if NY does it but in PA if you sell privately, the dealership will do a courtesy trade so that the tax benefits will still apply for you....hope it helps
Man...

If there's something good, NY will be sure to NOT give it to
you LOL! Seriously doubt they'd be willing to do something like that. At least ive never heard of it.

Quick Reply: What Are you guys getting for Trade-in Value?