IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

CD/DVD Changer HELP!

Old 05-27-11, 04:10 PM
TURBOCARS
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CD/DVD Changer HELP!

I did a search on ClubLexus, IS300.net, and google, and found nothing close to my issue.

Today I decided to install the Prestigous Society DVD/Nav overide. I installed the unit and it works partially. The Nav overide allows me to input the destination while in motion, but I can't get DVD to work.

I have Braveheart in the DVD changer for over a year now and play it every once in a while when I'm sitting in the car for a long period of time. While testing the unit I can't seem to get the DVD to play, eject, insert dvd or cd or whatever the case is. The DVD / AUX screen shows DVD in slot 1 and CD in slot 2. I can't toggle between the 2 to play either one. It's like it's stuck. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and that didn't do anything. I do not hear any noise come from the changer (trying to see if it's even got power). I assume so if I can use all the other buttons. I decided to uninstall the prestigous society unit and go back to stock and nothing is different.

I can switch between AM/FM/SAT/AUX without any problems. I have a 2008 Lexus IS-F with Mark Levinson.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 05-27-11, 05:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

you sure you didn't touch any other harnesses or so? just want to make sure nothing is loose

sounds to me something went wrong on the radio unit, especially it's not loading the disc. so it doesn't play anything at all when it's in dvd changer mode right?
Old 05-27-11, 05:33 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

If you have it back to stock, I suggest you head to the dealer for a warranty repair. The Nav system is $$$$ you don't want to do too much on your own.
Old 05-27-11, 06:24 PM
TURBOCARS
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
you sure you didn't touch any other harnesses or so? just want to make sure nothing is loose

sounds to me something went wrong on the radio unit, especially it's not loading the disc. so it doesn't play anything at all when it's in dvd changer mode right?
I disconnected all the harness and plugged back, made sure nothing was loose. The radio works everything works but the CD/DVD Changer.

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
If you have it back to stock, I suggest you head to the dealer for a warranty repair. The Nav system is $$$$ you don't want to do too much on your own.
Sadly i'm at 53K miles. I'm going to try swapping it out to another changer and see if it works.
Old 05-27-11, 10:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by TURBOCARS
I disconnected all the harness and plugged back, made sure nothing was loose. The radio works everything works but the CD/DVD Changer.

Sadly i'm at 53K miles. I'm going to try swapping it out to another changer and see if it works.
umm, you sure everything is connected back correctly? my gut feeling is maybe something isn't connected back yet or not in right. but of course, could be the head unit going out
Old 05-28-11, 08:46 AM
TURBOCARS
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
umm, you sure everything is connected back correctly? my gut feeling is maybe something isn't connected back yet or not in right. but of course, could be the head unit going out
Well the head unit and cd changer are not the same unit. It's 2 seperate units.
Old 05-28-11, 12:59 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

53K or not, I would go to Lexus and as for a good will repair. (free)