IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

HEYYYY Where Did The Volume Go?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-11, 10:14 PM
lexuz125th
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEYYYY Where Did The Volume Go?

I just ran into the weirdest thing i have experienced with Lexus cars. I was driving today to work and listening to music not blasting it, and all of the sudden the volume disappears. I try to turn the **** but the volume numbers don't even appear, so i turn the radio, CD on off nothing. I even tried to push the voice command but not only did it not have volume but the prompt message didn't even come on. I tried to set a destination to see maybe the navi might talk but no luck. checked to see if menu vol was on and it was at the highest. Then when i got into my car tonight after work it started working, but in a few min again volume disappeared. Guys if this ever happened to you please let me know, i just got the car and been only driving it for a couple of weeks. Thanks in advance
Old 05-23-11, 11:03 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

first I have ever heard of. Luckily it seems like your still under warranty, so take it to the dealership immediately
Old 05-24-11, 05:36 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My volume doesn't work at all when I play cds. It works for everything else including aux
Old 05-24-11, 05:42 AM
lukeisf
Driver

When my cd player failed aux and radio are the only ones with sound luckily it was under warranty
Old 05-24-11, 07:04 AM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I also had my radio replaced. That didn't help.
Old 05-24-11, 07:12 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Never heard of this. You need to take it to the dealer and show them. Something's wrong.
Old 05-25-11, 08:38 AM
lexuz125th
Driver

Thanks for everyones reply. The dealer said they had to change my amplifier, and that my water pump was leaking and needed to be changed. Apparently the water pump seems to be an issue with this car, and maybe Lexus need to change something so that it does not happen again. I have owned a couple of Lexus cars and only needed to change the water pump around 80,000 miles or more. A high end vehicle like the F should have an issue like this so early in life.
Old 05-25-11, 08:42 AM
lexuz125th
Driver

Quick question the dealer said that i need to change my front breaks because they have 1 mm not sure what that meant, but he also said i have to change the rotors as well when i change breaks is that 100% correct? and looking through the threads there is a tsb for the breaks because mine are still the original and they make crazy squeaking sound at time so can i have them replaced as a tsb?
Old 05-25-11, 06:32 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

You say there's a break in the brakes?

No, you don't need to replace the rotors with the pads. Have them measure the rotors and if they're less than 28mm thick, THEN they need to be replaced.

The LSB is for the rear brakes to resolve a squeaking sound. Nothing for the fronts.

The coolant pump has recently been a sore spot on this forum. A fair number of premature failures have been documented, but all have been fixed under warranty. Lexus redesigned the pump for the 2010 model year, so they're aware the pumps have a higher failure rate than they'd like to see.
Old 06-24-11, 07:05 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

This just happened to me with regards to the volume too. My volume does not respond, neither does my XM. So was your situation resolved? What was the problem? I too have the DVD/Map module installed but only for about 4 months.
Old 01-29-12, 05:18 PM
kamileon88
Rookie

Common normal issue. I narrowed down the problem in the rear door bass speakers. If your audio settings are faded more to the rear and bass up high the amp will go into fail safe mode to prevent speaker damage. Spoke to Lexus electrical engineer. Happens to all isf and isx50 with ml audio. There is no problems with the amps or speakers. It's a frequency in a song that cuts music off
Old 01-30-12, 01:32 AM
Rider
Lexus Test Driver

Same thing happened on my GS460. Amplifier changed.
Old 01-30-12, 06:57 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're not supposed to rock out in a Lexus. You're supposed to listen to Brahms and be happy. Lexus wants to protect your hearing so you can hear your catback exhaust when you're 85. You're lucky a radio is even an option. Maybe we could just get the Lexus Enform Destination Assist lady to sing directions to us.
Old 01-30-12, 11:18 PM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kamileon88
Common normal issue. I narrowed down the problem in the rear door bass speakers. If your audio settings are faded more to the rear and bass up high the amp will go into fail safe mode to prevent speaker damage. Spoke to Lexus electrical engineer. Happens to all isf and isx50 with ml audio. There is no problems with the amps or speakers. It's a frequency in a song that cuts music off
So is this problem fixed by adjusting your fade? Or do you need to go to the dealer to get out of " Fail Safe Mode "
Old 01-31-12, 12:44 PM
JLMTX83
Driver School Candidate

Had the same issue, amp replaced and so far so good

Quick Reply: HEYYYY Where Did The Volume Go?