CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FAP, how bad is the drone?
Old 09-01-11, 10:34 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Any more updates or some drive by videos?
Old 09-01-11, 01:33 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Sorry guys. Been super busy with work and moving in to a new house. We unpacked the video camera, I'll see if I can get some video tonight.

The exhaust still sounds awesome, yes there is a fair amount of drone but that's more when i have it in automatic mode. The drone isn't quite as bad when you control the gears.
Old 02-07-12, 10:34 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Fap what about smell... Do you have that nasty exhaust fume smell at stop lights since you have no cats?
Old 02-08-12, 06:21 AM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CCJ22
Fap what about smell... Do you have that nasty exhaust fume smell at stop lights since you have no cats?
No. Never noticed it once. I only smell it if the car is running in my garage and I have the garage door closed. Sometimes I smell it then but usually it's only for a few minutes or until my wife wakes me up.
Old 02-08-12, 11:09 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fapout
No. Never noticed it once. I only smell it if the car is running in my garage and I have the garage door closed. Sometimes I smell it then but usually it's only for a few minutes or until my wife wakes me up.
haha lol the subtle use of the suicide sarcasm legitimately made me LOL at work
Old 02-08-12, 11:17 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I'm sure there's a smell , you wont smell in it when inside the cabin but whenever the car turn off and step out side to the rear u can actually smell it. But is not that bad of a smell and last for a few seconds.. How do i know this ? i had ppe header and full tanabe exhaust with fsport intake and no cats... any how, nice car and sounds like a beast
Old 02-08-12, 02:05 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blitz_714
I'm sure there's a smell , you wont smell in it when inside the cabin but whenever the car turn off and step out side to the rear u can actually smell it. But is not that bad of a smell and last for a few seconds.. How do i know this ? i had ppe header and full tanabe exhaust with fsport intake and no cats... any how, nice car and sounds like a beast
Sometimes when I fart, if I duck down really quick and breathe in real hard, it stinks.
Old 02-08-12, 02:31 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

Sometimes when I fart, if I duck down really quick and breathe in real hard, it stinks.
I see what you did there

Old 02-08-12, 03:59 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

most of the time you dont need to duck down and u still can smell
Old 02-08-12, 04:20 PM
scrosby
Driver

That is one sick setup. Just got my 2011 ISF yesterday and am looking for a full exhaust setup. Headers, test pipes, catback exhaust. Do ISF's utilize test pipes? I'm coming from an 05 Z, so forgive me for being a newb to the Lexus vehicles..

Can anyone recommend a shop in Orange County?
Old 02-08-12, 04:28 PM
scrosby
Driver

Originally Posted by Dv8tion388
Sounds sick as F, but I doubt the interior sound-drone is acceptable for most.

Great job.

~Dv8
fapout, any droning with this setup?
Old 02-08-12, 05:26 PM
Fapout
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scrosby
That is one sick setup. Just got my 2011 ISF yesterday and am looking for a full exhaust setup. Headers, test pipes, catback exhaust. Do ISF's utilize test pipes? I'm coming from an 05 Z, so forgive me for being a newb to the Lexus vehicles..

No. Test pipes are for exhausts like the Z and the S2000s that utilize a bolt up catalytic converter. There are primary cats in the headers and secondary cats on the back half of the exhaust. Pretty much all ISF headers and exhausts come without cats. If you're in California you'll definitely get popped if you go catless. You should probably do some searching on the subject.

hella. This exhaust is kind of like having a crazy girlfriend. The wild moments are amazing but pretty much irritates the **** out of you the rest of the time. Having said that, I keep the car in an RPM range and gear that doesn't drone as badly.
Old 02-09-12, 07:56 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hella. This exhaust is kind of like having a crazy girlfriend. The wild moments are amazing but pretty much irritates the **** out of you the rest of the time. Having said that, I keep the car in an RPM range and gear that doesn't drone as badly.
Worth the power? LOL
Old 02-09-12, 08:02 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM Sent

The Q.E.S has a lot f drone since it's such a free flowing system. Now that we've released the D.E.S we're able to focus a little more on the Q.E.S to still allow the free flow but tame the drone. If drone is a big factor for you I would suggest going with the D.E.S as it had very minimal to no drone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Video of my ISF with K&N intake/Sikky/ISS Forged set up