IS-F Car Covers (merged threads) - Page 4 - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

     
Old 01-06-15, 04:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
 
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-11, 12:57 PM   #46
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic
 
bnizzle87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 5,315
Default

I had mine custom made at a shop and it was well worth the price. After almost four years enduring nature, it still protects like it should. But if you're an owner that doesn't have a garage to stick it in, a quality car cover is nothing to skimp on, I think.
bnizzle87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:24 PM   #47
zapa
Lexus Test Driver
 
zapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va
Posts: 1,054
Default

Well I just got my custom car cover. It is weather shieldHP since my car will be stored out side at school. The fitment is spot on perfect. My wald spoiler pulls it up a bit in the rear but still covers perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)-photo-1.jpg   IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)-photo-2.jpg   IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)-photo-3.jpg   IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)-photo-4.jpg  
zapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:44 PM   #48
SeanGTS
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 639
Default

Have you checked with your school Zapa? My school wouldn't let me. You also need to think about people may see that as a target to mess with, since it would be obvious you care about your car.
SeanGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 12:53 PM   #49
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
VtotheJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,532
Default

What SeanGTS said... that's such a tacky color and it makes you a target for vandalism. Unless there are other college kids with high end cars. Word of advice, don't break up with your ex in the same college. I think one of mine were the culprit in loosening the lug nuts on my Integra at the college lot...
VtotheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 01:05 PM   #50
zapa
Lexus Test Driver
 
zapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGTS View Post
Have you checked with your school Zapa? My school wouldn't let me. You also need to think about people may see that as a target to mess with, since it would be obvious you care about your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
What SeanGTS said... that's such a tacky color and it makes you a target for vandalism. Unless there are other college kids with high end cars. Word of advice, don't break up with your ex in the same college. I think one of mine were the culprit in loosening the lug nuts on my Integra at the college lot...
Well I am going to Davidson College (a very small prestigious liberal art school with an intense honor code) and the school colors are red and black. Also my gf is a already in college somewhere else and I saw a few cars under covers at Davidson while I was visiting. I am thinking about doing some custom vinyl's on it to show some more school pride.
zapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 01:14 PM   #51
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver
 
jkeifer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 1,036
Default

I've had quite a few car covers over the years and was always less than satisfied with them. They get dirty and dusty underneath and that can lead to scratches in the paint and otherwise obsessive behaviour on your part. They are generally too big to put into anything but an industrial-sized washing machine so keeping them clean is a royal pain. As someone mentioned, they can lead to an increased level of vandalism against your car. I can guarantee that even the best fitting cover WILL be lifted during high winds so make sure you use the tie-downs so you don't loose the cover completely. On the positive side, they do keep bird "lime" off your baby. Oh, one last note: Cops here in Loudoun County, VA, like car covers because they are able to hide the tickets they write. I once had a cover on my Porsche 928 that I had parked a little too forward of a fire hydrant. When I got back off a business trip, I lifted the cover to find no less than 4 tickets written for the same violation which, of course, I was duty-bound to pay.

Last edited by jkeifer3; 06-06-13 at 01:21 PM. Reason: typo
jkeifer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 01:47 PM   #52
zapa
Lexus Test Driver
 
zapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeifer3 View Post
I've had quite a few car covers over the years and was always less than satisfied with them. They get dirty and dusty underneath and that can lead to scratches in the paint and otherwise obsessive behaviour on your part. They are generally too big to put into anything but an industrial-sized washing machine so keeping them clean is a royal pain. As someone mentioned, they can lead to an increased level of vandalism against your car. I can guarantee that even the best fitting cover WILL be lifted during high winds so make sure you use the tie-downs so you don't loose the cover completely. On the positive side, they do keep bird "lime" off your baby. Oh, one last note: Cops here in Loudoun County, VA, like car covers because they are able to hide the tickets they write. I once had a cover on my Porsche 928 that I had parked a little too forward of a fire hydrant. When I got back off a business trip, I lifted the cover to find no less than 4 tickets written for the same violation which, of course, I was duty-bound to pay.
Yes I am aware they can cause scratches. I wish the inside of them was microfiber but I guess that is too much to ask for. I have applied 22ple on my car so I am not really worried about causing any damage to the actual clear. I am currently trying to figure the best way to get it on while reducing the risk of scratching. I have a few different methods for washing it and yes it does have weather tie downs.

I will not be putting the cover on everyday just when I know I will not be driving the car for a week or two.
zapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-13, 09:04 AM   #53
lilcop17
Driver
 
lilcop17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: indiana
Posts: 145
Default

the link that was posted had microfiber in the inside
lilcop17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 08:40 AM   #54
rmillsISF
Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 152
Default car cover

I need a good car cover. Anyone have recommendations?

I've seen numerous ones on ebay and there's a lexus one, but I'm not sure if that one is any good quality either... Anyone have a review on what they have?
rmillsISF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 08:49 AM   #55
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
iTrader: (2)
 
DaveGS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 27,255
Default

Added to merged IS-F car cover threads, also

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-s...iscussion.html

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-20-13 at 08:52 AM.
DaveGS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 10:33 AM   #56
zapa
Lexus Test Driver
 
zapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va
Posts: 1,054
Default

I love my weathershield nothing and i mean nothing makes it way through that thing and it keeps my car very cool even in 90+ degree weather. it seems to be standing up extremely well to weather and has not faded in color one bit.
zapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 05:08 PM   #57
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
VtotheJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,532
Default

Zack how much was the Weathershield HP? Planning to pick one up when my current XtremeCoverPro cover starts ripping.
VtotheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 06:01 PM   #58
zapa
Lexus Test Driver
 
zapa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va
Posts: 1,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtotheJ View Post
Zack how much was the Weathershield HP? Planning to pick one up when my current XtremeCoverPro cover starts ripping.
It was pretty pricy... I remember it being like $350
zapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-13, 08:29 PM   #59
thekhmer
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: ca
Posts: 283
Default

I have a basically brand new weathershield I'm willing to sell gf got it for me but I'd rather get one lighter for use inside the garage
thekhmer is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pricing for special order car? ABT8 GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 5 06-05-15 01:21 AM
CA WTB: IS-F 2008 Air Box assembly James7 2Gen IS250 / IS350 / IS-F Classifieds (06-13) 6 04-22-15 11:58 AM
CA FS: 2012 IS-F Secondary Catalytic Converters - Like New! Maxxam 2Gen IS250 / IS350 / IS-F Classifieds (06-13) 0 01-15-14 11:07 AM
Xpel bra ravicchio IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) 1 12-18-13 07:25 PM
any one get good deal es300h 2014? LovMRX450 ES - 6th Gen (2013-present) 14 11-15-13 03:34 PM


Tags
2007, 350, 4l, begin, california, car, carcovor, care, carscover, carscovercom, club, clublexus, cover, covercraft, covers, custom, empire, evolution, factory, fit, forum, gs, hawaii, indoor, is250, is350, isf, kind, lexus, license, ls460, maryland, oem, plate, process, quarto, quatro, review, reviews, reviiews, sale, sell, temp, titan, truck, waterproof, weather, when, window, worth

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved