Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-11, 09:43 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

good to be in Cali so I can still drive the F in winter. No snow.
Old 09-30-11, 06:55 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

THe factory car cover is too much IMO ($300 on Sewell).. It also is only 3-layers and not sure if it is waterproof.

I got mine from CarsCover.com for approx $150. It's 5 layers and fully waterproof. The cover's been thru heavy rain already and the car remains dry. No mirror/sharkfin pockets, however. THeir cust. service is pretty good, since there was a hole that developed but they sent me patches and the cover is new again. Here are pics:

Old 09-30-11, 07:39 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I dropped 300 on it, I mean the one for my jetski was 190 what ever on 100 bucks its a tank of gas and a nitrous refil ... my car will be in a garage with this on it. It fits perfect, looks sexy and is Lexus brand. It will keep people from scratching it and keep dust and dirt off throughout the winter after it gets a full exterior buffer! Sounds like a job well done to me.

The cover above may be cheaper and have more layers but forget about not having mirror or shark fin pockets, its not custom fit at all and It does not cover as much of the wheels. I can get a suit that doesnt fit on the sale rack for less but have always prefered to rock the sharp one that fits

Last edited by darbs242; 09-30-11 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-30-11, 07:55 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

If mine was garaged I'd opt for your car cover. Having mirror pockets doesn't matter to me since I just fold the mirrors in. I just wanted something that was weatherproof since my F will be sitting outside.
Old 09-30-11, 08:10 AM
darbs242
Racer

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
If mine was garaged I'd opt for your car cover. Having mirror pockets doesn't matter to me since I just fold the mirrors in. I just wanted something that was weatherproof since my F will be sitting outside.
Old 09-30-11, 09:51 AM
spddemon
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=darbs242;6713375]With winter coming up Im getting ready. The F is going to get extreme detailed before it gets put in the garage with its new cover on about mid November... check it out. Great factory product!

The cover looks great. A question what kind of winterizing are u doing besides waxing? And are you planing on driving it a couple times during the winter if roads are clear. This is my first winter I did not plan on covering, but the car is always kept inside.
Old 09-30-11, 04:28 PM
darbs242
Racer

Im going to pull the battery, add fuel stablizer, clean and cover... I wont drive it till april... carbon cost to much and my xterra handles vermont roads and snow much better!
Old 09-30-11, 04:45 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Hey darbs, other than physical protection from accidental pedestrian scratches, what other benefits is a cover good for during winter storage? Mine too, will be kept in the garage and I really like that Lexus cover.

BTW, will your car be sitting on the stock wheels and tires or aftermarket ones?
Old 10-01-11, 01:22 PM
darbs242
Racer

Originally Posted by PurduePete
Hey darbs, other than physical protection from accidental pedestrian scratches, what other benefits is a cover good for during winter storage? Mine too, will be kept in the garage and I really like that Lexus cover.

BTW, will your car be sitting on the stock wheels and tires or aftermarket ones?
I'm going to leave my 20s on for winter because my stock wheels have r compounds on them... Which could crack in cold temps. The cover keeps dirt and dust off, prevents dumb people from writing things in the dust on your paint. Keeps my girlfriends dumb cat prints off the car as he likes to sit on top of cars in the garage. Prevents scratching... Happens most when car sits for expended times. Other than that it's pretty cool...
Old 10-01-11, 04:52 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darbs242
I'm going to leave my 20s on for winter because my stock wheels have r compounds on them... Which could crack in cold temps. The cover keeps dirt and dust off, prevents dumb people from writing things in the dust on your paint. Keeps my girlfriends dumb cat prints off the car as he likes to sit on top of cars in the garage. Prevents scratching... Happens most when car sits for expended times. Other than that it's pretty cool...
If I hand wash it every weekend, it seems like, then a Lexus car cover for the winter seems very appropriate
Old 10-05-11, 10:39 PM
js619858
Pole Position

Default Isf car cover

I want to buy a Lexus ISF car cover. I like the custom one from Lexus but a little too much. Is there an all wather one for around $100-$150?
Old 10-05-11, 10:47 PM
seimsag
Driver School Candidate

Talking ISF car cover

I went on E-Bay and bought an "El Cheapo" waterproof car cover for, I think, $59.95 and I like it just fine. It's breathable, and does in fact keep the water off my ISF. Just go on E-Bay and search "Lexus ISF" and you will see every possible type of car cover imaginable.
Old 10-05-11, 10:53 PM
js619858
Pole Position

Originally Posted by seimsag
I went on E-Bay and bought an "El Cheapo" waterproof car cover for, I think, $59.95 and I like it just fine. It's breathable, and does in fact keep the water off my ISF. Just go on E-Bay and search "Lexus ISF" and you will see every possible type of car cover imaginable.
hahaha! How's the fit? It's covered now and I used my old car cover for the IS300 but that **** won't fit all the way. Did your cover fit good?
Old 10-05-11, 11:14 PM
seimsag
Driver School Candidate

Default car cover

It fits just fine. It's advertised as a "semi custom fit", which means its meant for other cars too. It's got pockets for the mirrors and the only place it doesnt quite perfectly is the roof antenna where it binds a little bit. But for the price, it cant be beat. My ISF is always garaged, but I purposely left it out on a rainy night to see how well the cover would work. I have to say that it performed better than I expected it to. It kept my car clean and dry. It is a little bit bulky when you fold it up, but for the money, it cant be beat.
Old 10-06-11, 07:09 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

I paid $150 for mine from www.carscover.com and it's been thru a ton of rain, i mean heavy downpour (Hurricane Irene hit us)... and the car remained dry. It has 5 layers and is weatherproof. Also snaps in using a buckle to repel wind. I don't really care about mirror pockets since I just fold them in.

Last edited by VtotheJ; 10-06-11 at 07:20 AM.

Quick Reply: IS-F Car Covers (merged threads)