IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Financing a ISF with a lein on the title

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-11, 04:37 PM
lexuz125th
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Financing a ISF with a lein on the title

I recently financed a car through chase bank with a lien on the title, they told me the process takes 4 to 6 weeks. I am very curious how does the process work, the car is titled out of New York state and i am registering it in NY. In NY they don't issue temp tags unless i have the title on hand which i don't, and chase is telling me mix info regarding the process. At one point they are telling me they will send the paper work over to the dmv and the dmv will send me the plates and registration however the dmv says they don't accept anything by mail and that i will have to come in person to get plates and registration. Has anyone ever gone through a similar process, please provide me some feedback.
Old 05-02-11, 05:35 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexuz125th
I recently financed a car through chase bank with a lien on the title, they told me the process takes 4 to 6 weeks. I am very curious how does the process work, the car is titled out of New York state and i am registering it in NY. In NY they don't issue temp tags unless i have the title on hand which i don't, and chase is telling me mix info regarding the process. At one point they are telling me they will send the paper work over to the dmv and the dmv will send me the plates and registration however the dmv says they don't accept anything by mail and that i will have to come in person to get plates and registration. Has anyone ever gone through a similar process, please provide me some feedback.
Here is how it is going to play (at least did for me)

Once Chase pays the current lien holder they will release the lien and transfer to Chase. Chase needs to inform you that they have the lien and you will need to go to the DMV and register the vehicle. Chase will send the pink to you for transfer to the current state. Once you transfer the car to NY then you will send the pink back to Chase and you will get your license plates and you are good. Just make sure you get the GAP insurance in case the car is totaled and you are covered in that case.
Old 05-02-11, 06:50 PM
lexuz125th
Driver

thanks a lot for the reply, about how long did it take you to get plates and everything. I got the car in my garage now, and put insurance on it since chase said i needed to have proof of insurance for that car with my name on it for the closing so i am just paying insurance and payments for a sitting duck.
Old 05-02-11, 07:42 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

it depends on the lien holder. It can take 1-2 weeks too. In my case it took them 2 days to release the lien. They overnight the pink to me.
Old 05-03-11, 12:13 PM
tenspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexuz125th
thanks a lot for the reply, about how long did it take you to get plates and everything.
It might differ from state to state.

I got the car in my garage now, and put insurance on it since chase said i needed to have proof of insurance for that car with my name on it for the closing so i am just paying insurance and payments for a sitting duck.
You can reduce the type of insurance you have until you get your plates. You want to always have it insured even when in storage.

What part of NY do you live in? I'm in the Finger Lakes.
Old 05-03-11, 09:22 PM
lexuz125th
Driver

I live in queens county, kewgardens ny.
Old 05-04-11, 06:39 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just curious, did you get that Matador Red one that was for sale in Queens?
Old 05-04-11, 11:14 AM
TURBOCARS
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

In Texas you can buy a temp tag good for 30 days. Try calling.your DMV again.
Old 05-04-11, 05:39 PM
lexuz125th
Driver

No i test drove that one, its in pretty good shape. I wanted a white one, but ended up buying the blue with white interior from a clublexus memeber Salil that i found by accident here on the forum.