IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Highest Mileage on the ISF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-15, 01:14 PM
tronim
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by twelveMPG
... My AMG made it to 60,000 before it sat at Dealer for over a month. Finally got it back and then on the freeway for no reason the Mercedes voice said " roll over mode" as every airbag went off in the car and I totaled it just riding a high curb. A month later a TSB on this issue came out.
Wow! not to get too sidetracked off the main topic, but I've got some questions about this: Did the airbags just suddenly deploy, causing you hit a curb, or did you hit the curb first and then the bags deployed?
Also what did your insurance company rule is as, and did this decision change when the TSB later came out?
Old 12-10-15, 02:13 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

who is winning the highest mileage battle so far now at ending 2015!? Just had transmission and rear end service complete at 105K on my 08.
Old 12-11-15, 05:07 AM
hacker_720
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFF
who is winning the highest mileage battle so far now at ending 2015!? Just had transmission and rear end service complete at 105K on my 08.
I think I'm still winning...
Old 12-11-15, 07:22 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^^^Conversion if correct equals 171,561 miles........... Nice can't wait till you break 200k

Anything major done to the motor besides normal maintenance?

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 12-11-15 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-11-15, 07:44 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

man this is something i love about the IS-F i just love. its basically a race car you can drive every single day and put away for the evening without a trip to the shop every week.
Old 12-11-15, 08:25 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

171K miles! I think someone had more!?
Old 12-11-15, 10:31 AM
hacker_720
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
^^^^^Conversion if correct equals 171,561 miles........... Nice can't wait till you break 200k

Anything major done to the motor besides normal maintenance?
No, no major work as been done as far as I know (I'm the second owner, the first owner serviced it at Toyota because there was no Lexus near them, the Toyota records don't show any major work either). I have a small coolant leak, about 1 liter (1.06 US quarts) every ~5000kms (3000mi) or so. I haven't looked into it yet, but I can't complain. I also drive it hard, very hard, and it's been perfect.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 12-11-15 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-11-15, 10:32 AM
hacker_720
Pole Position

171K miles! I think someone had more!?
I would be interested to see if someone has more. I thought I had the most of anyone in North America.
Old 12-11-15, 01:47 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

I just had my valley leak fixed earlier this year. Also, not sure for everyone why lexus said its not serviceable but bc I am a royal pain in the behind and kept asking why the service could not be serviced, and or fluid level properly verified. So they did service my transmission by circulating with machine, and I did not realize I did have a slight transmission flare, and lag in downshifts are gone, overall driving functionality has increased 15% I would say best I can approximate. There are many times I would modulate throttle by purposely giving gas through shifts to avoid "gear catch" or flare, and no need any more ...hmmm... I say service your transmissions !!! Also my fluid did look very good as I had been given a sample and check. So I say it was well worth the money.

Last edited by StealthFF; 12-11-15 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-11-15, 02:28 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

I just had my valley leak fixed earlier this year. Also, not sure for everyone why lexus said its not serviceable but bc I am a royal pain in the behind and kept asking why the service could not be serviced, and or fluid level properly verified. So they did service my transmission by circulating with machine, and I did not realize I did have a slight transmission flare, and lag in downshifts are gone, overall driving functionality has increased 15% I would say best I can approximate. There are many times I would modulate throttle by purposely giving gas through shifts to avoid "gear catch" or flare, and no need any more ...hmmm... I say service your transmissions !!! Also my fluid did look very good as I had been given a sample and check. So I say it was well worth the money.
I concur. Level is critical and should be checked every 20k miles IMHO.
Old 12-11-15, 05:16 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Hmm, I find myself having to modulate the throttle to avoid gear catch/flare. I'll have to take it to my local dealer and have them check this out. Hopefully they don't give me BS if they can't replicate the condition. Good thing is that I still have 2 years/10k miles left on my powertrain warranty. I'll bug the **** out of them til they do something about it. Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone know if it's considerably difficult for the dealer to check your fluid levels? Only thing I'm worried about is them pushing back and trying to bury the issue. I don't service my car with them so it's not like I'm a "valuable" customer to them.

Last edited by kzlflash; 12-11-15 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-11-15, 05:23 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just curious what did they run you to do the transmission flush? Getting it done when i hit 100k (at 96k) I've heard that its a PITA procedure with a big bill
Old 12-11-15, 08:36 PM
hamooduae
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

106,000 Miles =)
Old 12-12-15, 01:28 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by kzlflash
Hmm, I find myself having to modulate the throttle to avoid gear catch/flare. I'll have to take it to my local dealer and have them check this out. Hopefully they don't give me BS if they can't replicate the condition. Good thing is that I still have 2 years/10k miles left on my powertrain warranty. I'll bug the **** out of them til they do something about it. Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone know if it's considerably difficult for the dealer to check your fluid levels? Only thing I'm worried about is them pushing back and trying to bury the issue. I don't service my car with them so it's not like I'm a "valuable" customer to them.
It's a PITA. The car has to be pretty much cold overnight to do it, it can't be done hot. Yours is low, I would bet on it.

Originally Posted by nks979
Just curious what did they run you to do the transmission flush? Getting it done when i hit 100k (at 96k) I've heard that its a PITA procedure with a big bill
Waste of money entirely. Take a sample and have it tested by Blackstone before you do this. When I had mine tested at 120k miles, there was no good reason to change it based on the oil's properties and contaminants. If yours is bad, then spend the money to get it changed, but with the very few incidences of transmission failure, I seriously doubt you'll find anything wrong - unless the previous owner hooned around town like there was no tomorrow.
Old 12-12-15, 04:47 PM
nks979
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
It's a PITA. The car has to be pretty much cold overnight to do it, it can't be done hot. Yours is low, I would bet on it.

Waste of money entirely. Take a sample and have it tested by Blackstone before you do this. When I had mine tested at 120k miles, there was no good reason to change it based on the oil's properties and contaminants. If yours is bad, then spend the money to get it changed, but with the very few incidences of transmission failure, I seriously doubt you'll find anything wrong - unless the previous owner hooned around town like there was no tomorrow.
I will I'm just assuming it could use it anyways since it is sometimes jerky/catches gears like others have mentioned.

Quick Reply: Highest Mileage on the ISF?