IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

PPE Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-11, 09:15 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

they look hot! can't wait for the group buy. congratz Lou!
Old 03-25-11, 10:07 AM
formula0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Noooo now I have to spend money

The PPE headers look awesome. Can't wait to see the dyno results.
Old 03-25-11, 02:38 PM
BB/F
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mitch08ISF
Yeah I just read all 3 pages of the linked thread. I cant say I noticed the flange issues on mine and I was actually impressed with the craftsmanship of my set. I noticed the collector was not top notch, but I also have high standards due to T1 race development spending countless hours building me a full race header for my 700whp Honda K series motor. I think both companies products look good but PPE hands down has the better collector. I had a cast turbo manifold back in the day sent to jet hot for coating for a 4cyl race car and it was in the same condition after 4 yrs of use daily driving. So the whole ceramic argument in that thread is pointless. The flange on the header does matter to a certain degree, but I think we all want more power from the F and want a reliable company to do it or companies so far we have that. Cant wait to see the dyno's for the PPE!!!
I forgot about that thread. No one ever posted up about the port sizes on the head compared to the header. Looking at the gasket pics again, I have a feeling the gasket was on the wrong way/wrong side.

Just curious, what are the PPE's made of? I dont care either way as you can tell from the linked thread They are nice looking headers.
Old 03-25-11, 03:50 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

If they're like the PPE headers I had on my GS, they're most likely 16 gauge mild steel.
Old 03-26-11, 09:55 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
As planned, went to PPE this morning and a pre header installation dyno and left my F off for the header install. Guys, the PPE header is gorgeous, the workmanship was outstanding I really can't say enough good things about what I saw. Maybe these picts will do the talking. IMHO, these are the ones worth waiting for. PPE is planning a Group Buy when the first batch is released. Mine will be on next week

Lou
Lou,

I may have to take a drive over to Arizona and check those out when you get them installed, unless you would like to meet us at the historic sportscar race April 9th at Chuckwalla raceway near Desert Center.

http://www.hsrwestrace.com/HSR_West/Welcome.html
Old 03-26-11, 10:38 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Because you know what it takes to build a functional street car that makes good power, i know you'll understand me when i say it wasnt worth the risk. If i were able to swap the headers easily i would have considered the Sikky product more strongly.But with an expected install time in the 8 hour range, I honestly cant deal with any problems. Having my car in and out of a shop to fix a quality issue is something that i try my best to avoid.

I had this problem with one of our Articulating Cat Earth Movers during the main excavation phase of a 4 seasons marina community. I nearly missed a deadline after having the machine down for 48hours.

Ill be keeping an eye on what people think of the PPE headers once they are shipped.
Originally Posted by Mitch08ISF
Yeah I just read all 3 pages of the linked thread. I cant say I noticed the flange issues on mine and I was actually impressed with the craftsmanship of my set. I noticed the collector was not top notch, but I also have high standards due to T1 race development spending countless hours building me a full race header for my 700whp Honda K series motor. I think both companies products look good but PPE hands down has the better collector. I had a cast turbo manifold back in the day sent to jet hot for coating for a 4cyl race car and it was in the same condition after 4 yrs of use daily driving. So the whole ceramic argument in that thread is pointless. The flange on the header does matter to a certain degree, but I think we all want more power from the F and want a reliable company to do it or companies so far we have that. Cant wait to see the dyno's for the PPE!!!
Old 03-26-11, 07:02 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I told you PPE is the Shhhhh
Old 03-26-11, 07:22 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

When is your new dyno date
Old 03-26-11, 07:28 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,289 Posts

The headers are on.

Monday - To the alignment shop.

Tuesday - Configure & Fabricate High-Flow Cats. The new Cats will be bolted to the back of the header and welded into the headpipe. The next dyno is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. Then if all goes according to plan, I drive her home.

Lou
Old 03-26-11, 11:10 PM
lukeisf
Driver

How did ppe solve the check engine light or is that why your fabing the cats to bolt on right behind the headers
Old 03-27-11, 12:33 AM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by lowrideraz

The headers are on.

Monday - To the alignment shop.

Tuesday - Configure & Fabricate High-Flow Cats. The new Cats will be bolted to the back of the header and welded into the headpipe. The next dyno is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon. Then if all goes according to plan, I drive her home.

Lou
Lou,
Thank you for your updates. Very informative and well written. Looking forward to dyno results, and hearing about your experience after having them on the car for a few weeks. I may just have to jump in on the group buy too...

Jim
Old 03-27-11, 06:57 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lukeisf
How did ppe solve the check engine light or is that why your fabing the cats to bolt on right behind the headers
I'm putting on the cats because, well I thought I should PPE does have an 02 extender scheme for getting rid of the CEL. The other ISF installation, the prototype unit, maintains the stock exhaust with only the secondary cats, and the 02 sensors are above the secondaries, and that F shows no CEL.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 03-27-11 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-27-11, 07:56 AM
lukeisf
Driver

What cats are you putting on
Old 03-27-11, 10:03 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^PPE carries Hi-Flow Cats in a variety of sizes:

http://www.ppeengineering-onlinestor...?categoryId=22

I'm putting on the 2.5" in/out.

Lou
Old 03-27-11, 10:10 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Great to see the progress, Lou. Can't wait to see the final result. I'm really excited for you!

Quick Reply: PPE Headers