IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is there going to be a Gen3 IS-F in 2014/2015?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-12, 02:30 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mendeljr

The IS will be all new in 2013 as a 2014 MY. Probably summer, i will ask about an F.
Thank you!
Old 01-29-12, 05:50 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb Fact

The next gen IS-F is currently on the drawing board...

... Chief Engineer Yukihiko Yaguchi is already working on the next design.
He is indeed very eager to make this one even better with his entire design team, since he has a FULL green light from CEO Akido Toyoda to bring us another very exciting Lexus IS-F.

~ Joe Z
Old 01-29-12, 07:37 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Z

He is indeed very eager to make this one even better with his entire design team, since he has a FULL green light from CEO Akido Toyoda to bring us another very exciting Lexus IS-F.

~ Joe Z
Encouraging news! I'm devout to Lexus, but must say, the DCT M3 I'm driving, despite the increase in retail cost, is something out of this world! Eager to see Lexus give the Germans a run for their Euro!
Old 01-29-12, 08:56 PM
stick
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

~ Joe Z

"On the drawing board," as in a 2014 or 2015 model?
Old 01-30-12, 07:19 AM
js619858
Pole Position

I know I'll never buy an M3. Talking to BMW loyal buyers who buy BMW even when it cost them money to fix. They told me never buy a BW=MW, too many problems unless you have the money.

Looking forward to the new ISF!

Needs a Coupe, Clutch like the GTR. Don't care for Manuel, fun to drive Manuel 5% of the time but hate it the other 95%.
Old 01-30-12, 08:21 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ES3
Encouraging news! I'm devout to Lexus, but must say, the DCT M3 I'm driving, despite the increase in retail cost, is something out of this world! Eager to see Lexus give the Germans a run for their Euro!
I almost bought a ISF myself. I chose the M3 sedan in the end as its more raw feeling and it comes with a manual and handles amazing. No regrets. Another major factor deciding on the M3 was I picked up my M3 in Munich Germany with BMW's European Delivery program. I wanted to experience that one time in my life.

Curious to see what the next gen ISF has to offer.
Old 01-31-12, 07:34 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

~ Joe Z
Hey Joe do you think folks at Lexus may purposely be moving slowly waiting to see what next Gen M3 will do performance wise before totally committing to Gen 2 ISF power plant and suspension? Since M3 is bench mark they are shooting to beat they might be waiting to see what it does first. Body wise do they follow the lines of next gen GS platform or will they distinguish next gen IS with its own unique design using only new spindle grill design that all new Lexus will share.
Old 01-31-12, 08:43 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by davcrz5
Hey Joe do you think folks at Lexus may purposely be moving slowly waiting to see what next Gen M3 will do performance wise before totally committing to Gen 2 ISF power plant and suspension? Since M3 is bench mark they are shooting to beat they might be waiting to see what it does first. Body wise do they follow the lines of next gen GS platform or will they distinguish next gen IS with its own unique design using only new spindle grill design that all new Lexus will share.
Lexus isn't moving slowly at all.. The regular IS sedan is already do for a re-launch as expected. This is NOT a secret
So right after it does, the F will follow soon their after.. (Not a 2 year gap this time)

I recently did some reseach on the next gen 2013 M3.. The information I found is that is slated for 450 HP..

So I can only hope the next gen IS-F carries a powerplant of 455 HP or higher.. maybe even 475
N/A.

I think the design of the next 3rd Gen IS will be a tad bit sportier than the current version.. It will for sure carry the new face of Lexus' "Spindle Grill" ..

We hopefully "should" start seeing 3rd Gen IS mules running around later this year.. Just like we saw for the 4th Gen GS..
Already launced For Sale in Japan and launching in the USA on 2/6/12

All we can do is hope & speculate that Lexus Japan will gives us what we want for the Next Gen IS-F..!!

Just my opinions for now.. We shall see what the future brings us..

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-31-12 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-31-12, 09:05 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Talking

Lexus isn't moving slowly at all.. The regular IS sedan is already do for a re-launch as expected. This is NOT a secret
So right after it does, the F will follow soon their after.. (Not a 2 year gap this time)

I recently did some reseach on the next gen 2013 M3.. The information I found is that is slated for 450 HP..

So I can only hope the next gen IS-F carries a powerplant of 455 HP or higher.. maybe even 475
N/A.

I think the design of the next 3rd Gen IS will be a tad bit sportier than the current version.. It will for sure carry the new face of Lexus' "Spindle Grill" ..

We hopefully "should" start seeing 3rd Gen IS mules running around later this year.. Just like we saw for the 4th Gen GS..
Already launced For Sale in Japan and launching in the USA on 2/6/12

All we can do is hope & speculate that Lexus Japan will gives us what we want for the Next Gen IS-F..!!

Just my opinions for now.. We shall see what the future brings us..

~ Joe Z
As always Joe thanks for insight , we would all love 450 to 475 hp that would be fantastic
Old 01-31-12, 12:34 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mendeljr
I work for a Lexus dealer and have the following info from Lexus. The new models this year are in order of release are: All these models will have the Enform 2.0 and upgraded multimedia software for the nav.

GS350 - Major
GS450h - Major
LX570 - Minor
RX350 - Minor
RX450H - Minor
ES350 - Major
ES300h - Major
RX350 F-sport
LS460 - Major

The IS will be all new in 2013 as a 2014 MY. Probably summer, i will ask about an F.
WIth your own logic this can't be the "9" that Lexus is debuting since the GS 350 F-Sport would be yet another model on this list that you haven't included. Not saying you're completely wrong, just stating that the list doesn't seem correct/in-line with the "9" that is constantly being mentioned in various Lexus press releases/statements.
Old 01-31-12, 12:48 PM
exdakine
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ask and you shall receive coupe...

my boss brought back a Japanese car magazine.

says to be release 12/2012
Old 01-31-12, 12:55 PM
exdakine
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To me it looks like a Scion hahahaha
Old 01-31-12, 12:57 PM
JLMTX83
Driver School Candidate

An increase in power would be gladly accepted. The closer to 500 the happier this guy will be
Old 01-31-12, 01:26 PM
LBmtb
Driver

. . . it's a coupe?!
Old 01-31-12, 07:34 PM
dinardalvi
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I would rather go for the GS F which is a tuned LFA engine.

Quick Reply: Is there going to be a Gen3 IS-F in 2014/2015?