IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

New IS-F owner

Old 02-17-11, 09:51 AM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New IS-F owner

Hey guys,

Just picked up an IS-F this past weekend, and I'm already in love with it. I'm looking to purchase an exhaust within the next month or two. I was wondering if there was anyone in the Houston area who has the ISS Forged exhaust or JoeZ for me to check out. My main concern is sound because my job requires meet with many community leaders and elected officials, so I would like to keep it some what professional HA! any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

-Bryan
Old 02-17-11, 09:55 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

congrats on ur purchase! how about skip the exhaust and just get headers. it won't be any louder then stock, but it will be faster.
Old 02-17-11, 10:06 AM
Robs IS250
Lexus Fanatic

Welcome to CL! You'll love it here haha only thing i want to warn you about is the mod bug!
Old 02-17-11, 10:18 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Welcome to the Club, and congrats on your purchase. Honestly, if your main goal is to create and maintain rapport with important people, I'd say to not modify your ride. Of course there will be some who will find it favorable, but at the same time there will be those who are more on the conservative side. Especially if these are community leaders and state officials, they might be keen on keeping things low key and staying away from unwanted attention. Evil Teo has a great suggestion. No one would know you modified but you, and there is no additional sound with the headers.

That being said, I love the Joe Z exhaust. It's a little louder than stock, but has a nice rumble to it inside and outside the cabin. I've also taken a ride with someone who has the ISS, and it's even louder. What I don't like is that it doesn't utilize the stock exhaust diffusers, which leaves some visible space in the area that the tips would cover up.
Old 02-17-11, 10:21 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Welcome to CL Bryan!
I'm not in the Houston area (Austin). However, I'm meeting up with BigMikeISF and a buddy of his in Dallas the weekend of March 12th; both have ISFs. One of them has the ISS Forged exhaust and the other has the Joe-Z exhaust. I'm going to check them both out in person before I decide on which one I want.
If you're bored and have time, I'm sure you could meet up with us in Dallas. Or, I can just give you my opinion after I get back.

-Jim
Old 02-17-11, 10:48 AM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Thanks for the warm welcome and input everybody. I have been looking into the sikky headers, so I may decide to go that route first. It's hard not to catch the mod bug since I'm only 22 and have some growing up to do, but with the payments I'm making on this car i will definitely have to pace myself. With the JoeZ exhaust, is there alot of drone/cabin noise because that is my main concern. An increase in sound is not particularly a negative, as long it is not overkill.

Jim, I'd greatly appreciate your opinion if I'm unable to go. I'll look into my schedule though and see if I'm free March 12.
Old 02-17-11, 11:07 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

22 with an IS F...wow!!!
congrats!!!
post some pics and create a garage in the user section next!!!
Old 02-17-11, 11:13 AM
BryanLeISF
Pole Position

Thanks! Yeah I love the car, but man when I found out what I'd be paying every month I definitely wanted to hop out of that chair and scream "NO DEAL!"

I'll try to get some quality pics soon. Little brother just got a civic si not to long ago and wants to have a photo shoot.

Last edited by BryanLeISF; 02-17-11 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-17-11, 11:17 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Congrats and welcome
Old 02-17-11, 12:23 PM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanLeISF
With the JoeZ exhaust, is there alot of drone/cabin noise because that is my main concern. An increase in sound is not particularly a negative, as long it is not overkill.
Jim, I'd greatly appreciate your opinion if I'm unable to go. I'll look into my schedule though and see if I'm free March 12.
Bryan, go here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ake-power.html

Then go to the article link. There is an excellent write-up on the Joe-Z exhaust that will answer all your questions.
Old 02-17-11, 12:44 PM
silky f
Driver

Originally Posted by BryanLeISF
Thanks! Yeah I love the car, but man when I found out what I'd be paying every month I definitely wanted to hop out of that chair and scream "NO DEAL!"

I'll try to get some quality pics soon. Little brother just got a civic si not to long ago and wants to have a photo shoot.
welcome...

i went from civic si to is-f......BIG JUMP!

enjoy the ride
Old 02-17-11, 01:10 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the club and congrats on your purchase Enjoy the F and the awesome car scene Houston has
Old 02-17-11, 01:15 PM
Alias
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the F and welcome to CL!
Old 02-17-11, 03:13 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Congrats on your F and welcome to CL!

If you want an aftermarket exhaust that is not that loud and has quality, I would go with the Joe Z. I don't have any droning. From other member experiences, the ISS Forged exhaust tends to be louder. I would go with either one.
Old 02-17-11, 04:41 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and congrats. I'm fairly new too. Most members here are real helpful, a few others have a stick up their bum.
I read that the Borla exhaust is quieter than the Joe Z, but the Joe Z has real nice craftsmanship. The Sikky headers are a better buy price vs hp and can be used with the stock exhaust with little to no change in sound. Together they kill it, but might be too much sound for certain owners.
I'm buying something soon, just havnt narrowed which first.

~Dv8

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New IS-F owner