IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Mother of all extended warranty threads - look here first!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-12, 11:20 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Juanca
^^^ I was talking about Super6 post (#68), $1590 is not what Lexus charges for its 0-deductible, 6-yr/100,000 miles Platinum Extended Warranty:

Check Lexus Warranty Prices
What is posted on the Lexus website is MSRP. Dealers have discretion on discounting the extend warranty (VSA). Jerry charges dealer cost plus a fixed percentage of profit on Genuine Lexus coverage. I have never seen anyone beat his price on genuine Lexus VSA.
Old 03-18-12, 07:01 AM
reb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased a 2012 RX 350 in Orlando Florida. The dealer wanted $3500 for a 8 year/ 125k extended warranty. Is is possible to buy this warranty for less from a dealer in another state? Would an out of state warranty be honored in Florida?
Old 03-18-12, 07:24 AM
reb
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know if Jerry has a price list for the Lexus warranties online? Thanks ahead of time.
Old 05-04-12, 11:52 AM
HerraFrush
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Penske extended warranty at longo

Anyone have experiences? I was quoted $2800 for 8yr/100k miles penske platinum extended warranty by a longo finance manager. A month ago they quoted me $2500. I wonder why the big discrepancy on pricing? Anyone buy the warranty from longo and what kind of pricing did you get?
Old 05-04-12, 12:35 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

A better and cheaper warranty is available from Lexus. I would steer away from individual "Dealer" based warranties.

Call this guy, he has done right by MANY Club Lexus members.

Call Jerry (below) he took care of me and many others on the forum. He sells Lexus Platinum zero deductible warranties for a fixed % above dealer cost.

Jerry Johnson
Midwest Toyota
Midwest Superstore
1100 east 30th
Hutchinson, Ks 67502
Phone 800-530-5789
Cell 620-664-8844
jerryj@midwestsuperstore.com

Warranty MSRPs here:
http://www.lexusfinancial.com/consum...rSelected=IS-F
Old 05-04-12, 01:27 PM
HerraFrush
Driver

Would somebody chime in on how much was charged by Jerry Johnson?
Old 05-04-12, 01:44 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

PM sent.

and a few more characters to make the minimum.
Old 05-04-12, 05:52 PM
HerraFrush
Driver

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
PM sent.

and a few more characters to make the minimum.
Awesome. Just spoke with jerry. Awesome prices and looks legit. Anyone else with has experience with Jerry?

Thanks for the info Andy!
Old 05-07-12, 10:02 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

search Jerry Johnson on this site, you'll find at least 1/2 dozen members that have had great transactions with him.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...archid=8559662
Old 05-07-12, 11:08 AM
Ascari_2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I plan on calling him shortly to extend my warranty.
Old 05-25-12, 08:08 PM
Lev
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found jerry here and hooked me up big time on a 8 year 75K mile warranty for 1765.. thrilled!
Old 05-26-12, 04:31 PM
rc2o6
Driver

Hey all,

I just purchased my 08 USB ISF with ~62,300 miles on it from an Audi dealership. I ended up buying the Platinum Coverage from Audi which offers 3yr/36k mile extended warranty for $2516 (originally around ~$3200) starting on 5/24/12 that will end on 5/24/15 or ~98,300 miles with a $100 deductible. I originally was not going to buy extended warranty from Audi but since the Lexus factory one already expired, I thought I could use the extended warranty and better safe than sorry in case the navigation goes out or something else like the ones listed below from other people. Since the cost was included into my monthly payment, it was just so convenient that I figured, why not. I was told that the extended warranty I purchased was one of the best ones out there.

I'm starting to get the feeling that I got ripped off and reconsidering returning the warranty coverage (it says on the form that If i cancel within 30 days of purchase, i'd get a 100% refund). Is this the same extended warranty everyone purchases or did I just get ripped? I also purchased the "Road Hazard Tire Coverage" where it'll replace up to $5000 within the next 5 years starting on 5/24/2012 for $517.

What do you guys think about this?

picture added for reference

Originally Posted by jleonard71
There is no "2 year" warranty. It may be a 2 year extension onto your original one, which would make it a 6 year (from the original date of sale). And if it only cost $650 I'm guessing it's the lowest mileage limit which is 70K, right?

I personally bought the 8 year 125K Platinum plan (so 4 additional years & 75K miles on top of the original warranty). I plan on keeping this car for a long time and I drive 15-18K miles per year, so when the car is 8 years I should be right at 125K miles. And that's when I will plan to sell it - or maybe slightly sooner so I can say it's still under warranty - and that warranty cost me $3500. I figure it's worth it since I've already had about $4,000 worth of warranty work done in the first 3 years and 50K miles that I have owned the car. If the nav system goes out again and my dash needles fail again then it will have MORE than paid for itself, plus I'm covered on everything else.

I saw a few people mention that installing headers will void the warranty, but i can't see that being true unless they can prove that the headers were directly related to the problem. Like if your nav goes out, they can't say "Sorry, you installed headers so your entire warranty is voided". Right?
Let me see if I don't miss anything:
  • Rear view mirror replaced (vibrating issue).
  • Blown subwoofer replaced.
  • Front right caliper replaced (peeling off).
  • Instrument cluster replaced (faulty rev needle).
  • Touchscreen replaced on ML system (it stopped working).
  • Water pump replaced.
  • Battery replaced (dead cell).

Most (if not all) these issues have been experienced by other members as well, so having the extended warranty helps me sleeping at night.
This must be the first new car that I've decided to keep, all others were replaced within the first 3 years, that's why I bought the extended warranty. This car has had 7 issues, all covered under warranty in 4 visits to the dealer. My other car, a 2009 BMW 328i has been at the dealer about once a month since new, and even though all issues have been covered under warranty, it's been a waste of time going there, doing the paperwork for the loaner, going back and repeat this process to get the car back, etc. Issues will happen regardless of the brand, but Lexus has proven that their cars have the least amount of problems, and when they happen Lexus takes care of them as no other... no comparisson with any German brand!
Old 05-26-12, 05:28 PM
Lev
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call jerry. i canceled the third party warranty I purchased at Lexus and told the finance manager how I felt about his handling of my warranty. It wouldn't hurt to call Jerry Johnson. I went from a third party 4 year warranty with 50.00 ductible for 3k to a lexus platinum 4 year for 1765.00 with no deductible. You probably won't qualify for Lexus warranty but worth looking in to it. I felt ripped off and had a hard time sleeping until I canceled mine the next day.. Good luck and congrats on your ISF.
Old 05-26-12, 05:32 PM
MC5Wes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Warranty

Theres no need to buy the extended warranty right away. But you do need to get it from Jerry before the original 4 year 50K expires.

That way if you decide not to keep the car. Or trade it in. Then you didnt spend the money.
Old 05-30-12, 08:04 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ I guess you didn't read his post, he purchased an 08 ISF with +60k miles, it's already out of warranty. Jerry may help, give him a call.

Quick Reply: Mother of all extended warranty threads - look here first!