IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

LOUD squeaky brakes, the LSB and the stealership...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-11, 03:14 PM
photomaker
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LOUD squeaky brakes, the LSB and the stealership...

just got word from my Service Rep. The rear-brake-squeak LSB doesn't apply because they tell me my rear brakes are not squeaking. So no deal there. They mentioned that all of the squeaking is coming from my front left. Tech said there is 4mm of pad left, but only 0.5mm left on my rotor. They will not do anything with my brakes unless i agree to have them machine the rotors and pay for new pads. Does this seem right? My car has 19k miles, and I'm already looking at $1100 for brakes??? I'm not even sure this will eliminate the horrendous squeaking. They also mentioned that the squeaking is normal and that I should 'get used to it'. They have no idea how LOUD my brakes are. Do I have any other options? Should I hold off on the rotors and find some aftermarket pads? I'm so confused! Any advice is appreciated!
Old 02-07-11, 03:18 PM
TripleBlkF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to anther dealership if you can. that seems ridiculous. i got mine done no questions asked. did you inform them of the LSB? although i still have a slight amount of squeak left, it is better overall.
Old 02-07-11, 03:35 PM
photomaker
Rookie

Originally Posted by TripleBlkF
go to anther dealership if you can. that seems ridiculous. i got mine done no questions asked. did you inform them of the LSB? although i still have a slight amount of squeak left, it is better overall.
yep. showed them the LSB. They said no-go unless they can actually hear a squeal coming from the rear. I don't know how they'd hear anything over the front squeal. I just don't want to drop $1k++ if I'm being bamboozled by the stealership.

I just spoke with my rep again. They agreed to do all 4 brakes totally (pads + machined rotors) for the price of the fronts, if I agree to do that, but I'm hesitant to machine my rotors so early-on in the life of the car. I don't know much about the technical stuff, so that's why I'm asking all of you guys

What to do??
Old 02-07-11, 04:33 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

This sounds very familiar:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6121107-post50.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6121384-post51.html
Old 02-07-11, 07:25 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would try another dealership, and keep trying others until you find one, even try the same dealership and talk to different service writers, see if you can some how build a relationship with one of them, treat them good....

I had 19k on mine, and they were squeaking and they replaced all 4 and rotors under warranty (free) 2500.00 worth of work, and all new brakes.

a lot of those service writers can let stuff slide on through , if your cool about it, and kinda treat them nice, I bought my guy a bottle of Jack and case of Hef for his help, and he said anytime i need anything else feel free to let him know.

this was lexus of tacoma in WA state, probably a little far for you to drive, haha

my guy was kinda younger (28-33), not sure if that had anything to do with it.

but i was basically like there is no reason there should be a single squeak from a $60k car, my brakes were almost at the wear tabs, and much longer and they wouldnt have warrantied them. but 4 mm should be enough i would think??!?! thats 30-40% pad wear left nowhere near needing to be changed, and at 19k, i would think there should be at least one turn in the rotors left? i think they can only be turned once? not sure on that tho... they just replaced all mine with new.

MY ADVICE:

DO NOT PAY FOR NEW BRAKES AT 19K WITH 4MM of pad left, thats ridiclous!!! they have admitted there is pad left, and rotor left, so why should you be paying anything at all?

they have also admitted and confirmed a squeak from the front.... at the very least i would think you could get the fronts replaced under warranty. but i wouldn't give in until they did them all. because i can confirm and vouch that they've warrantied them before (for me) and if they dont believe you, ill go get the paper work reprinted and take a picture of it and email you. hahaha. dont back down!!!!!

Last edited by USBM2011; 02-07-11 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-08-11, 02:19 AM
m3twof
Driver School Candidate

I've got my f rear brake pad or the rotor or both done at free from Fremont lexus last year december...call the dealer make an appointment...good luck!
Old 02-08-11, 12:30 PM
fancy
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matadorBP2
i would try another dealership, and keep trying others until you find one, even try the same dealership and talk to different service writers, see if you can some how build a relationship with one of them, treat them good....

I had 19k on mine, and they were squeaking and they replaced all 4 and rotors under warranty (free) 2500.00 worth of work, and all new brakes.

a lot of those service writers can let stuff slide on through , if your cool about it, and kinda treat them nice, I bought my guy a bottle of Jack and case of Hef for his help, and he said anytime i need anything else feel free to let him know.

this was lexus of tacoma in WA state, probably a little far for you to drive, haha

my guy was kinda younger (28-33), not sure if that had anything to do with it.

but i was basically like there is no reason there should be a single squeak from a $60k car, my brakes were almost at the wear tabs, and much longer and they wouldnt have warrantied them. but 4 mm should be enough i would think??!?! thats 30-40% pad wear left nowhere near needing to be changed, and at 19k, i would think there should be at least one turn in the rotors left? i think they can only be turned once? not sure on that tho... they just replaced all mine with new.

MY ADVICE:

DO NOT PAY FOR NEW BRAKES AT 19K WITH 4MM of pad left, thats ridiclous!!! they have admitted there is pad left, and rotor left, so why should you be paying anything at all?

they have also admitted and confirmed a squeak from the front.... at the very least i would think you could get the fronts replaced under warranty. but i wouldn't give in until they did them all. because i can confirm and vouch that they've warrantied them before (for me) and if they dont believe you, ill go get the paper work reprinted and take a picture of it and email you. hahaha. dont back down!!!!!
Who do you work with at the lexus in fife? I live in Olympia, and I looking to find a service guy i can trust and will take care of me. Please let me know.

Thanks
Old 02-08-11, 05:14 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Try other dealerships. That is crazy! If you have to, tell them you can drive the car and have a tech sit in the back seat to confirm the rear also squeak....just an idea.
Old 02-09-11, 09:48 AM
pc1990
Pole Position

may I know what dealership this is? I took mine to Tustin Lexus for the fix and they were giving me BS about how if the pads were low they wouldn't do it. They seemed to want to reject my request before even checking the brakes so I let them know what was on my mind LOL. I got a call back a couple hours later and they said they had ordered in the pads and would put them on for me. Like others said try another dealership...and don't try to be nice/understanding. Just demand they change them out, and let them know, NO isn't an option.
Old 02-09-11, 12:06 PM
photomaker
Rookie

Originally Posted by pc1990
may I know what dealership this is? I took mine to Tustin Lexus for the fix and they were giving me BS about how if the pads were low they wouldn't do it. They seemed to want to reject my request before even checking the brakes so I let them know what was on my mind LOL. I got a call back a couple hours later and they said they had ordered in the pads and would put them on for me. Like others said try another dealership...and don't try to be nice/understanding. Just demand they change them out, and let them know, NO isn't an option.
Lexus of Westminister. I declined any brake work and should be picking my car up this afternoon. I will most likely take it to Lexus of Newport Beach next. Fingers crossed...

Were your back brakes actually squeaking?
Old 02-09-11, 02:43 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

I'm taking my F to Longo Lexus on Friday for the rear brake squeak. I'm afraid they are gonna pull this crap too. I will see what they say Friday morning.
Old 02-09-11, 05:29 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Just had the rear brake tsib performed and they still make all kinds of noise
Old 02-09-11, 08:40 PM
jimtut2112
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by darbs242
Just had the rear brake tsib performed and they still make all kinds of noise
Had the TSIB done too and now they make more noise than before! Anyoneelse have this problem?
Old 02-09-11, 10:20 PM
pc1990
Pole Position

Originally Posted by photomaker
Lexus of Westminister. I declined any brake work and should be picking my car up this afternoon. I will most likely take it to Lexus of Newport Beach next. Fingers crossed...

Were your back brakes actually squeaking?
Yeah my brakes were squeaking since I first got the car new back in 2008. But you know the dealership they go out of their way to try and deny you LOL. Most of us have had the squeaking issue regardless of the amount of pad life left, hence the LSB was opened by Lexus Corporate.

On a side note were you at Lexus of Westminster last Friday? I was pulling out at about 11 am in my Obsidian F and I saw an ultrasonic IS-F pull in.
Old 02-09-11, 10:36 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Make them measure your rotors in front of you 30 mm is new 28 is where they need to be replaced. half a millimeter is still 25% life left. Hell mine are only at 29mm and I have over 32k on mine.

Quick Reply: LOUD squeaky brakes, the LSB and the stealership...