IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lowest ISF on modified coilovers??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-11, 08:38 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Lowest ISF on modified coilovers??

Well I live to ride low and scrape everything possible..but tein luxury coilovers just were not low enough so I had extra threaded bodies made and removed a spring collar...and well this is lowest I can go while I just recently rubbed hole in winsheild washer fluid line lol and rubbing upper fender..here is the pic Lowest ISF on modified coilovers??-low-low-isf.jpg

Lowest ISF on modified coilovers??-low-2.jpg

Lowest ISF on modified coilovers??-low-3.jpg
Old 01-22-11, 08:43 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 169 Likes on 78 Posts
Thumbs down The ISF is a sports performance sedan, not an azs dragger

That poor ISF. No ISF should ever be treated that way.

Last edited by ArticKnght; 01-22-11 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-22-11, 08:45 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

lol...low is only way to go..plus has insane handling, and can hold four people with zero rubbing issues after minor modifications
Old 01-22-11, 08:47 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

What's the point?
Old 01-22-11, 08:53 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

hmmm? I didnt realize this thread would so fast turn into opposition to lowering the F...but anywho I dont know how many of those love or like the low jdm vip style but I love low cars absolutely enhances the handling and not easy to do with larger wheels and flush fitment...here in houston is a huge lifestyle..I have many other friends is lambos, ferraris, bmw, etc that do it for STANCE, THRILL, and HANDLING.. We do many fun runs at high speeds and I guess its my "tickle" but I dont like "high" cars and custom modification is what makes it a fun part of car hobby..intersting to see otherwise but again its a personal preferance as well
Old 01-22-11, 08:55 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it true that the lower the car the better the acceleration and stopping because of less squatting and dipping ?

I think it looks good... but the ISF is a performance sedan.. this would make more sense on an IS250.
Old 01-22-11, 08:57 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I nd ISF
Lol azz dragger intersting..sure does ample amounts of attention daily .... wish you liked but then again im 23 and we prob share completely different styles... no prob different is always good
Old 01-22-11, 08:57 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

It's not an opposition against lowering at all, but you must keep in mind that the ISF is a car that's suppose to be more performance oriented, and having a car slam to the ground defeats the purpose. Going to low has its adverse effect, especially on roll center, even if the seat of the pants tells you differently
Old 01-22-11, 08:59 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
Is it true that the lower the car the better the acceleration and stopping because of less squatting and dipping ?

I think it looks good... but the ISF is a performance sedan.. this would make more sense on an IS250.
lowering a car (cg) gives less performance ... the car is scaled as well and makes the car quit a bit more nuetral and predictable, and as well launches straighter on track...the squat is enhanced when I manipulate the dampening setting on my EDFC controller
Old 01-22-11, 09:49 PM
smartbomb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats so sweet, you have taken an expensive well engineered car and turned into a piece of crap. Your car does not handle well. To each his own, more power to you if looks are more important than handling and performance.
http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...-pwns-joo.aspx

Last edited by smartbomb; 01-22-11 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-22-11, 10:29 PM
Mitch08ISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I nd ISF
Owning the same color I feel for that car, not to mention the next owner. Leave this kind of thing for riced out rides, not 65k+ super cars......I cant imagine thinking its cool that my expensive car is so low I'm actually tearing up pieces of it!

Last edited by Mitch08ISF; 01-22-11 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-22-11, 10:57 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

not sure why there's a lot of hate for lowering this F. sure it's low, but it's the OP's choice. i thought it was plenty low enough with the tein coils on, but thats just me. i personally couldn't see myself that low, even though i'm also on tein cst's, but the OP is modding his car his way. stay safe just in case StealthFF!
Old 01-22-11, 11:01 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people like to show their rides and some people like to race them. Leave him be.

IMHO, Going that low would be great for a show, but out on the road (at least in San Francisco) is far too lowered.

Plus, being that low puts more stress on other suspension components cause them to wear faster than stock. It's almost like wearing high heels for the ladies. They look pretty, but they have a huge juicy blister at the end of the night.
Old 01-23-11, 12:30 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

That's a bit too low for me, but if that's what you like for the F, then enjoy it that way.
Old 01-23-11, 04:00 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Its quite interesting as far as the remarks received im a bit dumbfounded. Honestly as and Electrical Engineer graduate from UH and someone whom has always loved cars I love to push limits and modify components. Yeah probably not 100% functional or viable for most situations, but thats what gets the "gauk" factor and if you knew me I love to do things beyond limits.. hmm..welp sorry couldnt make yall smile..lol.. It is just a peice of metal used for different purposes in respect to lexus, and one of best ive owned and more to come... sorry offended you car gods ... Some of you guys sure get touchy on this forum..
But, as I asked my father a few years ago why he was tearing apart his set of Focal Utopias..he gladly replyed to build my own using the enclosure..So, bc something is prestigious or bc the speakers were like 15K plus has nothing to do with the use of a component or structure of a unit.. its for the pleasure and knoweledge you have attained that can be applied to the same aspects or other respects to gain the ouput you desire ..my two cents guys

its Funny others with low ISFs deemed pretty good..and well I must have gotten "a holes" on mine..go figure..well heres my buddy lucious's F in houston many award and props set extremely low on the same teins... So here is thread with reactions.. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...it-dallas.html

Lowest ISF on modified coilovers??-white-f.jpg

Lowest ISF on modified coilovers??-white-f1.jpg

Lowest ISF on modified coilovers??-white-f-3.jpg

Originally Posted by smartbomb
Thats so sweet, you have taken an expensive well engineered car and turned into a piece of crap. Your car does not handle well. To each his own, more power to you if looks are more important than handling and performance.
http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...-pwns-joo.aspx
Doesn't handle well? hmm yeah possible not in race application, but yes amazingly does 40% better than stock suspension around very tight turns, grades, and plane out cruising; based upon previous speed vs. angular situations which the car can now be pushed at excessively greater speeds without being tight in many circumstances encountered for fun runs for the main purpose at this point....As for taking an expensive well engineered car and turning into a peice of crap; honestly its just a car and for those whom actually would like to know if attainable.....so take a chill pill buddy have fun at end of day just a car...

Mitch08ISF.... riced out 65K plus cars ... does price matter..lol ... its fun when I get my wife the panemara and slam it ill have to post think its about 120K if remebered one she wanted .. lol .. again im only 23 if really matters one life just enjoying it bro .. worked butt of for years in school why not live..gosh guys pretty dissapointed.. but again thankyou for the imput without input one cannot grow.. but wish was geared more toward finite and applicable data for use... was really what I was wanting

Last edited by StealthFF; 01-23-11 at 04:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Lowest ISF on modified coilovers??