IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Lucas Oil presents "Forum War"

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-10, 12:55 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Lucas Oil presents "Forum War"

Ran into this over on M3forum.Net thought I would pass it along intresting concept.

Talk is cheap if you can’t bring it behind the wheel. You’ve seen the episodes of The Forum Wars presented by Royal Purple, and you’ve thought, “I could do better than that!” Here’s your chance, as recruiting is set to begin for The Forum Wars Season 2.

Would you like to represent M3Forum on the track in your E92 M3? Are you willing and able to competitively run a ¼ mile drag race, autocross style road course and a 0-100-0 competition against a C63 from BenzWorld? We want you to compete on The Forum Wars Season 2 that will be filmed in Houston, Texas at the Royal Purple Raceway the weekend of Jan. 8, 2011.

Racers and fans of the inaugural season of The Forum Wars will experience better competition as the new season will include:

· ¼ mile NHRA drag strip
· Improved road course design
· 0-100-0 racing
· Cars and drivers nominated and approved by the forums
· Additional track time for the drivers
· More evenly matched vehicles with similar mods and tires

This season’s eight (8) episode series will be promoted on national television, SPEED, and posted and promoted all over the internet. To sweeten the deal, prizes will be awarded to participants from Royal Purple, Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Mothers Polish and more.

If you want to represent your forum on The Forum Wars Season 2, please reply to this post. Or, if you would like to nominate a M3Forum member, you can submit his or her name.

We are looking forward to an improved and incredible season with a great day of competition and fun at the track! Don’t wait to nominate! Nominations will close December 20th.
Old 12-20-10, 01:43 PM
dsg03svt
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn I would be interested but I've never ran autocross... I'm only 3 hours away from Houston in San Antonio.
Old 12-20-10, 03:15 PM
Stangars
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsg03svt
Damn I would be interested but I've never ran autocross... I'm only 3 hours away from Houston in San Antonio.

The real requirement is a very good car with an extremely talented and experienced driver.

The DRIVER will be a huge part of the equation at this level of competition.
Old 12-20-10, 03:52 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by Stangars
The real requirement is a very good car with an extremely talented and experienced driver.

The DRIVER will be a huge part of the equation at this level of competition.
Totally agree with you would be nice to have one or more IS-F's in this event.
Old 12-20-10, 11:04 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Yeah I've seen a couple episodes of Forum Wars and it was lopsided, some guys cant drive for crap and most of the time the cars were missmatched.

It would be fun to have an ISF vs M3 match though
Old 12-21-10, 01:30 PM
SCCAForums
Driver

I'll do it!
Old 12-21-10, 01:50 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,854 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
I'll do it!
I'd pay to see that, and I bet Dave would give them one heck of a run for the money!
Old 12-21-10, 03:12 PM
infinus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I'd pay to see that, and I bet Dave would give them one heck of a run for the money!
That's what I was thinking too
Old 12-21-10, 03:47 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
I'll do it!
That would be awesome if you could go and show what true potential of what IS-F is capable of.
Old 12-21-10, 09:20 PM
SCCAForums
Driver

I had a friend tell me about the link earlier in the year... I don't think they want people that have much 'prior experience'... But I'd love to go do it! They should try to put something together that instead of 'invitation only'... allow it to be a 'competition' and forums are 'grouped' together... and then tree type elimination etc... would be sweet!

Peace,
Dave
Old 12-21-10, 10:58 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i have no doubts about your skills scca, but if you were to enter, you would be up against an ESS M3 w/650hp. As much as i love our cars, i have to admit thats quite a feat for us. the c63 guys can "detune" their cars and get 500 hp out of their engine with minimum sweat, we really have no chance
Old 12-21-10, 11:28 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

even with a mismatch, it's still a driver battle, for the most part. a slight driver error could mean valuable seconds for an "underdog." cant wait to see the matchups!
Old 12-21-10, 11:33 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im for sure going to keep my eye on this, especially since i frequent mbworld often. however i believe the 650 hp sc m3 is owned by a guy who has years of experience in nasa, pcca, and bmwcca; so basically hes probably a pretty decent driver.

As of right now, the c63 guys are having a hard time finding a decent driver. Their best car I believe is owned by Dads c63, but he probably wont fly out from florida because the contest doesnt allow drags or R compound tires.
Old 12-22-10, 07:20 PM
SCCAForums
Driver

As long as it's auto-x... that horsepower, on street tires will only make it worse...

I thought you could run race tires... I want to say my friend that won with the shelby, ran his Hoosiers?

Peace,
Dave
Old 12-22-10, 09:02 PM
Weapon F

Originally Posted by edgeucated
im for sure going to keep my eye on this, especially since i frequent mbworld often. however i believe the 650 hp sc m3 is owned by a guy who has years of experience in nasa, pcca, and bmwcca; so basically hes probably a pretty decent driver.

As of right now, the c63 guys are having a hard time finding a decent driver. Their best car I believe is owned by Dads c63, but he probably wont fly out from florida because the contest doesnt allow drags or R compound tires.
I just finished watching all the races in season one and IMO it comes down to three things first and for most drivers skills, second having a car with good hp (you don't have to have 600hp or better to win this event)and third the right type of tires. The car that won this event was a 2008 GT500 ford mustang I think the only mod was tires. Their was 08"M3 with stroker kit his road course time was 50.55 he ranked 9th compared to 03"350Z nismo he ran 45.66 over 5sec. difference between two.

I'm tired so not going to list all twenty cars just top five
Ranked #1 first place 08" GT500 1/8mile 9sec. 79.41mph road course 44.10
Ranked #2 Porsche 996 turbo 1/8 mile 8.18sec 91.02mph road course 45.15
Ranked #3 Nissan GTR 1/8mile 92.74mph road course 46.04
Ranked #4 another GTR
Ranked #5 Nissan 03' 350Z nismo 1/8mile 9.11 79mph road course 45.66

A viper ran road course in 51.15 and CTS-V ran course in 54.57, all that hp and these two driver didn't even place in top 10 go to show you hp isn't everything you need total package.

Quick Reply: Lucas Oil presents "Forum War"