IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Swift Sport Spring review for ISF!

Old 05-09-16, 12:27 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4_CS
Whats the best/cheapest to get these? Modinjapan?
PM ME
Old 05-09-16, 12:35 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Recently installed mine as well a few weeks ago on my 2012 F. Rude quality def took a plunge. Was a disappointment to me actually since the ride quality was SUPURB before lowering. Went with the Swift springs since everyone praised the ride quality and was supposed to remain "factory feeling". But looking back on it, everyone who praised the ride quality/comfort after lowering on the springs has an '08-'10 F that didn't have as comfortable of a suspension as the late model Fs....
But mine isn't a daily driver so I can deal with the little bounce that's present. And only " bad" over rough roads.... And not really even bad then honestly.... Just noticeable to me. But looks so good that I can deal with it :-)
Guess I need to get an alignment now....!

V.
It's expected to have the ride a little more harsh on Swift Sport springs since they are shorter (travel on the shocks are slightly shorter now) and the spring rates are stiffer to maximize handling performance. Swift does the proper R&D for spirited / track driving without compromising too much on the ride quality but it won't as comfortable as OEM of course.
Old 05-09-16, 12:44 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
It's expected to have the ride a little more harsh on Swift Sport springs since they are shorter (travel on the shocks are slightly shorter now) and the spring rates are stiffer to maximize handling performance. Swift does the proper R&D for spirited / track driving without compromising too much on the ride quality but it won't as comfortable as OEM of course.
Would there be any benefit in just having the fronts installed to reduce the bounciness?
Old 05-09-16, 02:22 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Would there be any benefit in just having the fronts installed to reduce the bounciness?
actually it's will be less beneficial not installing all 4 springs, keep in mind that the set was engineered to work together so if your spring rate is too weak on the rear, more chances of you breaking lose ( traction and handling)

Most drift cars remove rear sway bars for that reason
Old 05-09-16, 04:47 PM
ISDAS
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

any brand closer to OEM in terms of ride quality or is swift the best bet? (springs)

Thanks.
Old 05-16-16, 08:32 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Anybody in here got a used set compatible for a 2011 they want to get rid of?
Old 05-16-16, 10:14 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

The results will also vary depending on the condition of your factory shocks. Things age and shocks will lose around 2-5% gas charge annually plus seal wear etc will cause further leakage. If you have mileage or time on your car then you may just evaluate going with 2012+ shocks and getting the swift springs for that version. Its monotube after all and has much better damping characteristics. Springs control gross travel limits but damping controls ride quality and the overall suspension response. Of go coilovers and we can set you up with a very comfortable ride and the performance to meet your needs and still use the best springs on the market.
We would be willing to offer a plug and play 2012 setup with swift springs pre installed for those that are interested.
Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 05-16-16, 10:23 PM
DjMarkOne
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
We would be willing to offer a plug and play 2012 setup with swift springs pre installed for those that are interested.
Mike
With new oem tophats and fully assembled?
Old 05-16-16, 10:56 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Originally Posted by FFM
Anybody in here got a used set compatible for a 2011 they want to get rid of?
i have New in box 2008-11 Swift springs in stock. If you can't find any used one's PM me.
Old 05-17-16, 12:19 AM
dabs
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i have New in box 2008-11 Swift springs in stock. If you can't find any used one's PM me.
Price Please?
Old 05-17-16, 07:49 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Originally Posted by dabs
Price Please?
you have PM
Old 05-17-16, 08:51 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

The results will also vary depending on the condition of your factory shocks. Things age and shocks will lose around 2-5% gas charge annually plus seal wear etc will cause further leakage. If you have mileage or time on your car then you may just evaluate going with 2012+ shocks and getting the swift springs for that version. Its monotube after all and has much better damping characteristics. Springs control gross travel limits but damping controls ride quality and the overall suspension response. Of go coilovers and we can set you up with a very comfortable ride and the performance to meet your needs and still use the best springs on the market.
Mike
Thanks, so what your saying is that BC coils will offer much better dampening than the 2012 shocks in good condition?
Old 05-17-16, 12:22 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by DjMarkOne
With new oem tophats and fully assembled?
Yes we can do that.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 12-29-16, 12:12 PM
Anatoliy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes we can do that.
What are the best settings for BC coilovers on 2012 IS-F?
Old 12-30-16, 07:36 AM
Kojak77
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Anatoliy
What are the best settings for BC coilovers on 2012 IS-F?
As stiff as possible.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swift Sport Spring review for ISF!