IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Swift Sport Spring review for ISF!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-10, 12:36 PM
cfls
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK for some reason I cant read Page 4. LOL. It keeps linking me back to page 3. So this is a test post to figure out what the heck is goin on with my comp.

---thats weird it said there was a page 4.

Anyways yes most my research is done on google. I wouldnt know where else to find information. And apparently they are not only big with these sport cars but they are becoming very popular in the Nascar Market.

I called up one of their dealers local to me and though they didnt know anything about the lowering springs or anything for street cars for that matter. But they told me at Irwindale speedway 90% of the racers use Swift springs. And that they are the more expensive spring in the market but its also a difference win or lose difference.... Jeff Schrader from Racecar Factory.

I dont know I went with these springs because there not a single bad review I can find, and they have a high quality reputation. When I search other companies for example there are people complaining about the rates being off for the vehicle, or the springs sagging. Or an uncomfortable ride.

Last edited by cfls; 12-20-10 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-20-10, 03:53 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by cfls
I dont know I went with these springs because there not a single bad review I can find, and they have a high quality reputation. When I search other companies for example there are people complaining about the rates being off for the vehicle, or the springs sagging. Or an uncomfortable ride.
People will always make complaints about suspension setups on their cars. Not all springs are created equal or will perform identical from platform compared to another. Most people that complain about the springs usually are not changing their stock shocks, which could already be worn or blown. There are some lesser quality spring brands out there that really sag bad over time. Those are usually the not so reputable, cheaper brands you find on ebay.

I called up one of their dealers local to me and though they didnt know anything about the lowering springs or anything for street cars for that matter. But they told me at Irwindale speedway 90% of the racers use Swift springs
That's a little contradictory. You called one of Swift Spring's dealers but they don't know anything about their springs or street car applications? I don't think I would trust that company especially if they're selling springs they don't know nothing about. How credible are they in saying 90% of racers use swift springs. Do they know that for a fact? Or are they just saying that to sell you on products they know completely nothing about? I think the latter.

Last edited by flipside909; 12-20-10 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-20-10, 07:24 PM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
People will always make complaints about suspension setups on their cars. Not all springs are created equal or will perform identical from platform compared to another. Most people that complain about the springs usually are not changing their stock shocks, which could already be worn or blown. There are some lesser quality spring brands out there that really sag bad over time. Those are usually the not so reputable, cheaper brands you find on ebay.
just want to make sure i understood you correctly if i get the swift springs for my F that I need to change my stock shocks as well?
Old 12-20-10, 07:31 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsardar
just want to make sure i understood you correctly if i get the swift springs for my F that I need to change my stock shocks as well?
You don't have to but its wise to make sure they're not leaking fluid or blown. OEM shocks can go out randomly at any moment. It's a given your stock shocks will work harder when you lower your car, which in turn may decrease the lifespan depending on how you drive it.
Old 12-21-10, 09:24 AM
cfls
Driver School Candidate

That's a little contradictory. You called one of Swift Spring's dealers but they don't know anything about their springs or street car applications? I don't think I would trust that company especially if they're selling springs they don't know nothing about. How credible are they in saying 90% of racers use swift springs. Do they know that for a fact? Or are they just saying that to sell you on products they know completely nothing about? I think the latter.
At irwindale they do. But then again they also told me that they monopolize it considering they are one of the only racecar manufacturer here in southern California.
So they are able to gauge what team buy what spring.

This is just anther dealer that I just happen to stumble upon. I did not purchase it from them. I just happened to look for a local dealer close to me and they just happen to only sell in the race market so I asked them a ton of questions about the springs in General.

Also you say that not all springs are created equal and I agree with that if companies just shorten the springs and then increase rates a certain percentage from the stock springs. I know that Swift engineers not only create the springs based on the useable stroke but they also have the dyno sheets of every shock for every application that they make. In other words they have done the research for us to make the best possible product for our vehicles, based on our chassis design and shocks. In fact one of the link I posted you will see that for the EVOX the corner weights are balanced out 50/50% from just lowering springs. With this type of R&D and then with this consistent material that everyone speaks of, I really didnt see how it can go wrong.

I am just sharing info that I have gathered from anywhere I can, but as a guy that is just posting in this forum, just take my info with a grain of salt. All I can do is my own research, so I ask a ton of questions to anyone that might happen to have info for me. No need to negate everything that I say.

Last edited by cfls; 12-21-10 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-21-10, 10:10 AM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You don't have to but its wise to make sure they're not leaking fluid or blown. OEM shocks can go out randomly at any moment. It's a given your stock shocks will work harder when you lower your car, which in turn may decrease the lifespan depending on how you drive it.
Thanks,
I get a better idea now.... since I have leased my car I don't think I should waste my time and money on changing the spring and shock if I want to do it right.
Old 12-22-10, 06:27 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by houstonT
I am also interested in the drop amount being confirmed.
Pete,

I confirmed with a dealer and with Swift that the drop is, indeed, 1-inch in the front and 0.6-inch in the rear.
Old 02-21-11, 10:14 AM
Drone619
Rookie

Im interested in these springs for my F and wanted to know how they compare to the stock ride. I personally like the stock feel of the car and not looking to change the ride to a more comfortable feel. Basically thats the only thing stopping me from purchasing these springs.
Old 02-21-11, 01:10 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Drone619
Im interested in these springs for my F and wanted to know how they compare to the stock ride. I personally like the stock feel of the car and not looking to change the ride to a more comfortable feel. Basically thats the only thing stopping me from purchasing these springs.
I have these springs installed on my car. The ride is a bit more snugged down than stock so, if you like the factory ride as stated (I do as well), you should like the change in ride quality that the Swift Springs offer. If you have the Bridgestone RE050A pole positions like I do, there will be a tad more impact harshness than the OEM suspension set-up. I will be ordering Michelin PS2s or, hopefully, the new Pilot Super Sports, when I get my new wheels and I know from experience on my Supras that the PS2s have noticeably better ride quality than the Bridgestones, particularly as it relates to impact harshness.

On California freeway expansion joints, the car will pogo a bit at low speeds because of the lower ride height, but it's nothing objectionable in my opinion. That said, I am quite used to lowered cars on coilovers or sport lowering springs so, even though these springs may work for me, others may feel differently about them. I believe they are absolutely in line with the sporting character of the car and, as aside, from an aesthetic point of view, the drop is exactly what I wanted (less of a drop in the rear to account for the wheel well height in the rear being less than it is in the front). I've only got about 200 or so miles on these springs, with at least 50 of those miles in the dreaded SoCali bumper-to-bumper, so my thoughts are not definitive here.

That said, Swift and Hypercoil are the only spring manufacturers I would consider for our cars if, like me, you are not ready to install coilovers. Hope this helps.
Old 11-03-12, 09:12 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Does anyone feel that eibachs might be a better choice if you going to swap only the fronts on a daily driver.
I have a nice carbon lip up front, don't want to scrape it. Plus less drop = longer shock life.

Would anyone have a pair of Front Eibachs for SALE, please PM me. Thx.
Old 11-04-12, 01:44 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I think my ride has gone to crap with swift springs. It rides much harder and bumps feel like you ran over a foot deep pot hole. Car turns in differently overall ride is bouncer and less stable feeling that factory springs. The drop on the other hand looks great and I really like it. I feel a set of bcr are in my future
Old 05-29-14, 08:40 PM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Up on this thread

will the ride comfort on the swiftsprings on the IS-F have the same riding comfort if i get the swiftsprings for the IS350. I heard springs on different car platforms work differently, it may be good on this car and not on the other?
Old 05-29-14, 10:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by albertgoq
Up on this thread

will the ride comfort on the swiftsprings on the IS-F have the same riding comfort if i get the swiftsprings for the IS350. I heard springs on different car platforms work differently, it may be good on this car and not on the other?
the spring rates for the F will most likely be higher than the 350 because of the weight ( at least the front) of the 5.0L engine. I would stick with the ISF springs if I was you.
Old 05-30-14, 01:04 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Originally Posted by albertgoq
Take a look at the spring rates on the attached Link:

Swift Chart

Scroll to bottom!

You'll see that the spring rates are quite different for the the IS250, IS350 and the ISF. Even different between years. Get the proper ones for your vehicle.

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 05-30-14 at 01:11 AM.
Old 05-30-14, 06:17 AM
albertgoq
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh let me rephrase

what I mean if I install the right swift spring on the IS250/350 (Part #4T040) will it be same as the reviews and feedback in the IS-F that the springs are like stock (comfy ride)

coz some springs maybe good/comfortable on some car platforms lets say the IS-F but not in the IS250/350

Quick Reply: Swift Sport Spring review for ISF!