IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Swift Sport Spring review for ISF!

Old 02-14-16, 12:11 PM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Amazon has them for 278 shipped..... Ordered mine from modinjapan before i realized this
Old 02-14-16, 12:31 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nickj718
Amazon has them for 278 shipped..... Ordered mine from modinjapan before i realized this

I took advantage of this deal. They were shipped directly from Swifts warehouse in California. Had them in 2 days. Great deal.
Old 03-04-16, 11:30 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

On Swift's site they say they made these springs to work with the IS-F's stock shocks. Has anyone changed out their's for aftermarket shocks anyways?
Old 03-04-16, 12:06 PM
RCFC89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Diesel350
On Swift's site they say they made these springs to work with the IS-F's stock shocks. Has anyone changed out their's for aftermarket shocks anyways?
Unless you have a high mileage car or are going to see some serious track time there is no need to. The stock Tokico's are awesome.
Old 03-04-16, 08:24 PM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

so amazon or MODIJ is best price
Old 03-05-16, 12:39 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by mindcrime
so amazon or MODIJ is best price
If you're in Southern California, I can beat Amazon!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-05-16, 05:27 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Just had these installed. I feel like the cornering is improved, slight reduction in ride quality, and it feels more bouncy but it could just be all in my head.

Below is my alignment after the spring install:

Old 05-05-16, 06:47 PM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Looks great!

In my experience, no matter how much one tries to deny it, camber adjustment and matched shocks are almost a necessity with a drop, even a mild one. The bounce is likely your shocks no longer operating in their full range. And that camber will almost certainly cause inner tire wear.

But it does look sweet!
Old 05-05-16, 07:02 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Just had these installed. I feel like the cornering is improved, slight reduction in ride quality, and it feels more bouncy but it could just be all in my head.

Below is my alignment after the spring install:

Recently installed mine as well a few weeks ago on my 2012 F. Rude quality def took a plunge. Was a disappointment to me actually since the ride quality was SUPURB before lowering. Went with the Swift springs since everyone praised the ride quality and was supposed to remain "factory feeling". But looking back on it, everyone who praised the ride quality/comfort after lowering on the springs has an '08-'10 F that didn't have as comfortable of a suspension as the late model Fs....
But mine isn't a daily driver so I can deal with the little bounce that's present. And only " bad" over rough roads.... And not really even bad then honestly.... Just noticeable to me. But looks so good that I can deal with it :-)
Guess I need to get an alignment now....!

V.
Old 05-07-16, 02:05 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Recently installed mine as well a few weeks ago on my 2012 F. Rude quality def took a plunge. Was a disappointment to me actually since the ride quality was SUPURB before lowering. Went with the Swift springs since everyone praised the ride quality and was supposed to remain "factory feeling". But looking back on it, everyone who praised the ride quality/comfort after lowering on the springs has an '08-'10 F that didn't have as comfortable of a suspension as the late model Fs....
But mine isn't a daily driver so I can deal with the little bounce that's present. And only " bad" over rough roads.... And not really even bad then honestly.... Just noticeable to me. But looks so good that I can deal with it :-)
Guess I need to get an alignment now....!

V.
Yeah, I agree the ride is definitely rougher. I think I may install the stock springs back in the rear to see if that changes anything. I do love how the gap is closed in the front. In the rear I really couldn't tell much difference from stock.
Old 05-07-16, 04:22 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Yeah, I agree the ride is definitely rougher. I think I may install the stock springs back in the rear to see if that changes anything. I do love how the gap is closed in the front. In the rear I really couldn't tell much difference from stock.
That would be great if you swapped out just a front to see if there's any difference by quality it seems like the folks just swapped out their front Springs on complaining as much about the right quality as others who have done all 4 springs.
Old 05-08-16, 04:35 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Whats the best/cheapest to get these? Modinjapan?
Old 05-08-16, 10:25 PM
ISDAS
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

also thinking of putting stock rear springs back in, anyone had both for comparison? (as in swift all round, then back to oem rear)
Old 05-09-16, 07:19 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I have done this (put stock springs back in rear due to a creaking Swift spring) of my 2008 and and really could feel any difference although I like the look a little more now (rear sits a little higher) but I am not confident if it would stick if I went real hard into, or out of a turn. Maybe it is just knowing they are mis-matched but to answer the original question on overall ride quality - nothing noticeable but the 08's were stiff to begin with.
Old 05-09-16, 09:14 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was riding on stock front springs and eibach rear lowers for a couple of weeks and I did notice the ride was better. either way I think on 08-11 you're going to feel the suspension a bit bouncy on stock or aftermarket springs; it really depends on the roads you drive on though. here's in SoCal, we pay high taxes for chit roads that are always under construction. man holes galore and uneven roads are the norm around here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swift Sport Spring review for ISF!