IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F attention magnet

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-10, 07:26 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default IS-F attention magnet

So now that the IS-F has been on the roads for a few years, do you still find that your cars are attention magnets? Of course, they're still very rare and if you have it in USB, then it's really screaming for attention but do you still have people giving you the thumbs up or starting conversations at gas pumps or in parking lots? Curious to know if the "wow factor" has worn off for you or if it's still going strong?

Color of oyur car, mods (if any), and stories would be interesting to hear if you have any good ones.
Old 10-21-10, 07:31 AM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still get thumbs up from fellow ricers lol or racers that try to race me. My car is a daily driver so I see people looking everyday. At couple instances I saw people taking pictures from their phones on the highway. For me I still think there is the WOW factor when I go to meets or shows. God I love this car..

Mods you can check my signature...
Old 10-21-10, 07:33 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

lol thats cause ur car looks sexy djsai.
Old 10-21-10, 07:47 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

My car gets way more attention than i expect. I let my sister take it to get me food and she told me some guys were gawking at her and the car lol. In my city my POS 68k car is nada, but for some reason it passes the bar. I dont even have to park my car when i order food from Grand Lux at mall. I just park in front of the restaurant and walk in. People walking by usually look at the wheels first as they pass the car. Then they walk back to check out the rear and are surprised by the diffuser and exhaust tips. Usually has me feeling cool until some old lady in a Phantom drives by.

I havnt driven my car in a week!!! Im gonna go home and drive it like i stole it haha.
Old 10-21-10, 07:54 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Oh yeah, still an attention getter everywhere I go, and I have not done anything to the exterior.
Old 10-21-10, 08:16 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Oh yeah, still an attention getter everywhere I go, and I have not done anything to the exterior.
What color is your car? Any good stories?
Old 10-21-10, 08:18 AM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

I rarely get asked about this car but if I do people ask me is about the wheels. They stop and stare for some odd reason.
Old 10-21-10, 11:17 AM
MikeCa
Driver School Candidate

Agreed, people seem to love the wheels. I love my car, don't get me wrong, but we aren't driving lambos here.

I had this woman who was like "Ooo, this IS nice, yea. Ooo wow, look at the wheels, this really is nice!"
Old 10-21-10, 11:23 AM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only get looks and questions from people who know what an ISF is. Other than that, my SGM flies under the radar...which I appreciate.
Old 10-21-10, 12:15 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

i still get plenty of looks. i LOVE red lights. i peek over to the car next to me, and you see them trying to snap a quick pic from their cell. hilarious! on a different day, i saw a sheriff take a walk around my F while i was getting some groceries, and all he could say was "you got nice taste. have a nice day." i was so afraid he'd notice the tints and smoked rears.
Old 10-21-10, 12:28 PM
Damage
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A trip to LA really surprised me. I figured in the land of high end exotics, an ISF wouldn't be much but I experienced the following on 1 trip:

1) civic on the freeway slowing down so his gf could take pics with her cellphone
2) guys in a volvo behind me at a stoplight yelling "OMG ISF!" (I could see his mouth saying the words)
3) several thumbs up
4) cars slowing down to look on the freeway.

Oh and whenever they pull up beside me, people tend to always look at the wheels for some reason. Every single time.
Old 10-21-10, 12:44 PM
mugenh22a4
Lead Lap

I have to admit, though, that the ISF does turn more heads than my E46 M3 did. I still haven't gotten used to the extra attention yet (even though it's not much). A guy at my gym, who drives a nice LS430, asked to take a pic of my car because he'd never seen one in person.
Old 10-21-10, 01:07 PM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

i get alot of attention with my car too..
there is at least one person giving me a everyday!
When i'm at gas station people stare and ask me some random questions like is that lexus??
lol
Old 10-21-10, 02:14 PM
nuttybar08
Driver

I still get a lot of looks and questions, but this was the latest:

I'm in a home improvement store buying whatever and I hear the following announcement:

Would the owner of a blue Lexus, license plate XXXXXX, please come to customer service.
Ruh-roh.

I'm thinking OHHHHH BOY (not my exact words) somebody f'd up my car...I was already steeling myself for the news and thinking *hey at least they're owning up to it so don't be a douchebag*.

Anyway, I walk up to the counter. It turns out to be a military guy who had seen me driving around before. Figuring this might be his only chance to see the car up close and ask some questions, he had me paged. He must have seen the look of relief on my face because he started apologizing profusely and we ended up spending the next half hour going over the car. All good.

Then there was the 60-something lady from NY who cornered me in a parking lot, gushing over my car and asking if I could talk her "stupid husband into buying Lexus instead of another crappy BMW". All this while her driver (daughter) sat next to us visibly fuming in her X3. I politely declined.
Old 10-21-10, 03:01 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had my car for like 2 and a half years and I still get the looks like the day I bought it. Also what is up with checking out the wheels? Maybe one of the best looking oem wheels out there?

Quick Reply: IS-F attention magnet