IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F attention magnet

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-10, 04:33 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its funny how lots of people dont know what an IS F is, but most people know what an M3 is. Crazy how lots of you guys catch people looking at your OEM wheels haha, thats great.
Old 10-22-10, 05:43 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Lemme just say this to you ISF guys...

You have a special car. Your car doesn't looks like the norm.. it looks expensive and fast. I am one of those people you speck of that always looking at your car and speeding up and slowing down just to get a look.

I remember when I saw my first ISF last year.. I was stopped at the light and I suddenly saw a bright blue IS sedan past by... Since I haven't seen a ISF before that I thought it was a IS250 or 350... but as it passed I heard its deep low V8 growl. I then knew what it was.. I took the red light and speed up to it... god it was beautiful. I followed the car not knowing where the driver was heading.. but then he pulled over so I pulled over too. Long story short I asked him about the car and he was happy to answer all my questions. He even told me why he got it instead of the M3. He was African American guy and loved the car.. it was lowered and had an upgraded exhaust system... which is why I heard the V8 from so far away. We talked a bit more and I brought up this site and he told me he never of ClubLexus.

So you ISF guys have a nice car... if you think anything less then that I will gladly take the keys

Last edited by JDMToyotas; 10-22-10 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-22-10, 05:45 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

N about the wheel... the stock ISF 08 rims.. are the BEST looking OEM wheels I've ever seen on a car. That why me and the people are always looking at them. Lexus got that blade design just right...

There some guys that changed to aftermarket rims on thier ISF and they don't look as good as the stock ones.
Old 10-22-10, 06:41 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes it gets attention. I am used to people stop three quarters back in a stoplight to take a good look at my car. It's all good. I did the same thing on the rare occasions I saw an F before I got mine.
Old 10-22-10, 10:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

I never notice it unless someone stops me when I park the car. Unfortunately the Supra DOES get a ridiculous amount of attention even though it appears to be bone stock. It always amazes me how many people want to race it when I'm on a public road.
Old 10-23-10, 07:38 AM
weaponX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bam
For all of those that reported that people were commenting on the wheels or even touching the wheel (), did you have the factory blade style wheel, the new 2010 and 2011 wheel, or did you have an aftermarket wheel? If aftermarket, do you mind posting a picture of your wheel?

That's funny that some of you are reporting that wheels seem to be garnering the attention.
Factory dude. The CDN model still has the Samurai blade BBS wheels for MY 2010.
Old 10-23-10, 10:11 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMToyotas
Lemme just say this to you ISF guys...

You have a special car. Your car doesn't looks like the norm.. it looks expensive and fast. I am one of those people you speck of that always looking at your car and speeding up and slowing down just to get a look.

I remember when I saw my first ISF last year.. I was stopped at the light and I suddenly saw a bright blue IS sedan past by... Since I haven't seen a ISF before that I thought it was a IS250 or 350... but as it passed I heard its deep low V8 growl. I then knew what it was.. I took the red light and speed up to it... god it was beautiful. I followed the car not knowing where the driver was heading.. but then he pulled over so I pulled over too. Long story short I asked him about the car and he was happy to answer all my questions. He even told me why he got it instead of the M3. He was African American guy and loved the car.. it was lowered and had an upgraded exhaust system... which is why I heard the V8 from so far away. We talked a bit more and I brought up this site and he told me he never of ClubLexus.

So you ISF guys have a nice car... if you think anything less then that I will gladly take the keys
Thanks JDM..yeah, we have a special car in the IS-F. I love mine and never think less of it. Cheers!!
Old 10-23-10, 11:40 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I have lived in the Chicago suburbs for about 4 years now and have only seen one ISF on the road. My 2 month experience of ownership:

1 - Right after buying my car and leaving for my road trip home to Chicago. After leaving Valencia, CA (where I purchased my USB) and somewhere still in SoCal, a tricked out blue Supra pulls up beside me on the highway and gave me a thumbs up before sped off.

2 - was pulling out of a whole foods market parking lot and was waived to stop by a couple (the dude more than his girl). He was probably in his late 20s and said he has read about the ISF, but has never seen one in person until now.

3 - Observed from my rear view mirror, a kid in an A6 taking a picture with his camera phone.

4 – Was on I-55 going into Chicago, noticed an Eclipse turbo tailgating me. I had no intention of reacting to the idiot, but he was really close and pissed me off. So I sped up a little and merge onto another lane and got him off of me, as he was sandwiched in between other cars. I immediately lost interest in the idiot, and cruise at about 65. Then out of nowhere, he just speeds past me (maybe going 100?) in a clear section of the highway and I just lost it. I floored it and caught up with him in what I think was about 3-4 seconds? (don’t know, as I was amped). When I had passed him by several car lengths, I looked at my speedometer and it was showing 140. I said to myself, holy sheet and got on the brakes! I could have been taken to jail going 140 on a 55 speed limit. This was my first and last lesson, which is, don’t react to the rice idiots.

Overall, many stares wherever I go in and around the Chicago area. I think the USB color has a lot to do with stranger fascination.
Old 10-23-10, 10:05 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PurduePete
I have lived in the Chicago suburbs for about 4 years now and have only seen one ISF on the road. My 2 month experience of ownership:

1 - Right after buying my car and leaving for my road trip home to Chicago. After leaving Valencia, CA (where I purchased my USB) and somewhere still in SoCal, a tricked out blue Supra pulls up beside me on the highway and gave me a thumbs up before sped off.

2 - was pulling out of a whole foods market parking lot and was waived to stop by a couple (the dude more than his girl). He was probably in his late 20s and said he has read about the ISF, but has never seen one in person until now.

3 - Observed from my rear view mirror, a kid in an A6 taking a picture with his camera phone.

4 – Was on I-55 going into Chicago, noticed an Eclipse turbo tailgating me. I had no intention of reacting to the idiot, but he was really close and pissed me off. So I sped up a little and merge onto another lane and got him off of me, as he was sandwiched in between other cars. I immediately lost interest in the idiot, and cruise at about 65. Then out of nowhere, he just speeds past me (maybe going 100?) in a clear section of the highway and I just lost it. I floored it and caught up with him in what I think was about 3-4 seconds? (don’t know, as I was amped). When I had passed him by several car lengths, I looked at my speedometer and it was showing 140. I said to myself, holy sheet and got on the brakes! I could have been taken to jail going 140 on a 55 speed limit. This was my first and last lesson, which is, don’t react to the rice idiots.

Overall, many stares wherever I go in and around the Chicago area. I think the USB color has a lot to do with stranger fascination.

My question is.. if you afraid and dont want to go fast... why did you buy the ISF ? I mean whats the point of gettin 400 + hp if you never or scared to used it.

Might as well get the IS250.
Old 10-24-10, 06:19 AM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

I didn't say "never," you know... There are many other opportunities (track, deserted roads, etc.). But for sure no more 140 on a busy highway with a limit of 55.
Old 10-24-10, 09:33 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

PurduePete: I used to travel I65/I294/I55 quite often, better watch out for the state troopers, they are pretty good at grabbing people in the tri-state area. Last time I was home I noticed most people really do drive the 65mph speed limit. Doing 140+ will definitely get your car impounded!

btw I had 2 Eclipse's back then (college) that were both running low 11's that would kill most IS-F's so you musta run into just a ricer Eclipse. The fast ones will eat an IS-F
Old 10-25-10, 12:32 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

I get lots of thumbs up from people especially guys in vettes which kinda surprise me since I figured most would hate it since its japanese. They like the sound with my headers/exhaust

It also turns lots of heads at my brothers high school when I pick him up, everyone stares and the girls wave haha. Also at church, all the girls want a ride in my car haha.

Any time I get any service, sometimes I go to the chevy dealer for oil changes, its down the street so I bring my own oil/filter and they only charge me 8 bucks to change it. All the service guys come out and check it out.

People at work also ask about it a lot. They know its mine because my plate is my name.

Fortunately the police don't pay me much attention. Except for this past weekend
Old 10-25-10, 05:04 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by infinus
I get lots of thumbs up from people especially guys in vettes which kinda surprise me since I figured most would hate it since its japanese. They like the sound with my headers/exhaust

It also turns lots of heads at my brothers high school when I pick him up, everyone stares and the girls wave haha. Also at church, all the girls want a ride in my car haha.
This is a funny phenomena! When i show up for my brothers basketball games all the moms love to start conversations. They ask about the car and when i tell them that there are only 50, . Best reaction is when they find out im only a few years older than my brother
Old 10-25-10, 05:56 AM
mikefate
Lead Lap

My F gets more attention than my hks kitted is300T running
No exhaust. It's shocking how people stare at the F.

I've caught about a dozen people taking cell pics while driving. And with the joez exhaust, people seem to run
Out of my way when walking. I was rolling at 5mph past nordstrom and some lady ran as if I was going 90mph thru the parking garage. Guess the v8 scared her.
Old 10-25-10, 10:20 PM
PurduePete
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikefate
My F gets more attention than my hks kitted is300T running
No exhaust. It's shocking how people stare at the F.

I've caught about a dozen people taking cell pics while driving. And with the joez exhaust, people seem to run
Out of my way when walking. I was rolling at 5mph past nordstrom and some lady ran as if I was going 90mph thru the parking garage. Guess the v8 scared her
That was hilarious!

Quick Reply: IS-F attention magnet