IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F attention magnet

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-10, 03:16 PM
jchong
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only had my car 6 days lol but I think I am the one checking out my car the most lol I love this thing!
Old 10-21-10, 03:49 PM
eFFer
Driver School Candidate

Not getting any attention with my USB F...not that I'm asking for attention! Then again, I do suffer from "tunnel vision"! I did have a service station attendant approach me once, asking me what it is. I think most people just don't know what it is...all they see is a Lexus badge and think it's just another Lexus in a different color!
Old 10-21-10, 06:03 PM
Damage
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Positive attention is one thing, but I just experienced negative and positive attention on the way home from work this morning.

On the freeway there was a young asian guy in a white civic that stuck his head out just to give me a thumbs up. Then through the local roads, I run into 2 douchebags. The first was a white guy in his 40s-50s driving a 350z zipping through traffic to pull up behind me and tailgate me. He nearly rear ends me when I started to signal to move to the right lane to exit for the freeway, he jets forward to seize the lane and spot I was just going to move into. If I didn't need to get onto the freeway I would've returned the favor. THEN on the freeway an asian guy in the last gen 3 series hauls *** to catch up to me and tailgates me too. I let him pass and then get behind him and do the same. He obviously didn't like it as he tried to speed up and shake me. LOL.

I just don't get that kind of behavior. I can understand egging someone to race you to just compare your cars, but these 2 weren't interested in racing as there was traffic all around. Why bother trying to bully someone that has a car that is faster and weighs 3800lbs? Idiots.

Last edited by Damage; 10-21-10 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-21-10, 06:35 PM
TCM55
Pit Crew

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

I've had a few people talk to me at red lights. Usually asking how much horsepower is in it or just to compliment the wheels (stock ones). Every 5th or so time I go to get gas I get a person or two ask about the car and tell me how much they like it and how they didn't know Lexus made such an awesome car. Most of the time though, no one notices it when I am driving, it just seems to blend in.

The most interesting thing was this Tuesday when a fully marked cop from another district tried to "race" me on the highway, it ended up that he just wanted to hear the engine! So I gave it a little throttle so he could hear the secondary intake open up, and he gave me a thumbs up and left.
Old 10-21-10, 07:15 PM
testmetest
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's amazing to reading about the attention it gets. I can think of maybe 4 times since 2008 where people looked at it or asked about it. No one knows or cares about it and I like it that way.
Old 10-21-10, 07:53 PM
ISFSteve
Lead Lap

Just about every time I drive mine I see rubber neckers, people behind me at red lights pointing and by lip reading say, what is that etc.
Old 10-21-10, 08:52 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I really DUNNO where you guys get all these comments - not sure if it's cuz I just don't care/notice or you guys are just so alert???? Or perhaps it's cuz I drive my car maybe once a week at most....

No one notices this car as I fly around town - get a few ricers here and there that aren't worth a cent. The only time people notice this car is when I'm at a car meet perhaps. But cell phones and people yelling OMG IS-F, definitely not me
Old 10-21-10, 09:05 PM
weaponX
Driver School Candidate

A few times in the mall I walk up to the car and I see somebody taking cell pics. Once I was parked in my sister's driveway in the burbs, a neighbour recognizes it and takes pics of the car.

I'm stopped at a red light and a group of male teens, who wouldn't look out of place in a rap video, crossing the street just go nuts when they see the car.

In my office building underground parking...as I was about to go home one day I see this 50-yr old guy feeling the wheels. Strange. I try to be nice and tell him they're BBS. He has no clue what BBS is. (The CDN version wheels are what U Yanks call the Neiman Marcus edition. They are nicer.).

I'm quite surprised at the attention it gets sometimes....not quite in the league of the NSX back in the day. But I never had anyone try to take pics of my M5.
Old 10-22-10, 05:07 AM
Underdog_
Rookie

Originally Posted by testmetest
It's amazing to reading about the attention it gets. I can think of maybe 4 times since 2008 where people looked at it or asked about it. No one knows or cares about it and I like it that way.
Same here! I think it's a sleeper in white.
Old 10-22-10, 06:27 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nuttybar08

Then there was the 60-something lady from NY who cornered me in a parking lot, gushing over my car and asking if I could talk her "stupid husband into buying Lexus instead of another crappy BMW". All this while her driver (daughter) sat next to us visibly fuming in her X3. I politely declined.
Was she cute?

Originally Posted by Damage
A trip to LA really surprised me. I figured in the land of high end exotics, an ISF wouldn't be much but I experienced the following on 1 trip:

1) civic on the freeway slowing down so his gf could take pics with her cellphone
2) guys in a volvo behind me at a stoplight yelling "OMG ISF!" (I could see his mouth saying the words)
3) several thumbs up
4) cars slowing down to look on the freeway.

Oh and whenever they pull up beside me, people tend to always look at the wheels for some reason. Every single time.

Wait what?
Old 10-22-10, 07:17 AM
bam
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For all of those that reported that people were commenting on the wheels or even touching the wheel (), did you have the factory blade style wheel, the new 2010 and 2011 wheel, or did you have an aftermarket wheel? If aftermarket, do you mind posting a picture of your wheel?

That's funny that some of you are reporting that wheels seem to be garnering the attention.
Old 10-22-10, 07:29 AM
mrohno
Driver

I live in a town where BMWs are more common than Hondas and Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley etc sightings are way too common so my car all in all flies under the radar...which is cool with me. the only people that ever look/comment are those that actually know what the ISF is! haha and of course M3/S4/AMG driver know! =) even though it's got the power bulge hood and fender vents it still flies pretty well under the radar. I did have one time coming out of the mall I caught a couple walking around my car taking pics, but that's about it...oh and valets always go nuts...It always gets front row parking! =)
Old 10-22-10, 07:33 AM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bam
For all of those that reported that people were commenting on the wheels or even touching the wheel (), did you have the factory blade style wheel, the new 2010 and 2011 wheel, or did you have an aftermarket wheel? If aftermarket, do you mind posting a picture of your wheel?

That's funny that some of you are reporting that wheels seem to be garnering the attention.
2008 w/ Original wheels.
Old 10-22-10, 04:01 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

next week my IS-F will get WAY more attention...
details to follow...
*little pinky in corner of mouth*
MUAHAHAHA!!!
Old 10-22-10, 04:07 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

In LA, my experience is that the F is def. a lot more rare than 911s and M3s. I still catch people hovering around my car in the parking lot or pulling next to me to check it out. Luckily I don't take this car to shady parts of town, so the attention is usually positive.

The other night I even had this very old lady ask me about my car. I think that was the first time ever. She was walking back to her car and just stopped me to chat. She wasn't even a car enthusiast! Let's just say that was a very interesting conversation.

I def. think the color has a lot to do with it. USB draws tons of attention, and usually the first question people ask is whether the color is custom.

Quick Reply: IS-F attention magnet