IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Before you buy this car....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-10, 07:17 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Before you buy this car....

hey everyone, sad day yesterday, had to trade in my ISF, because i got a new job that came with a company car, so traded it and my wifes 2010 TSX in for a AWD ACURA TL , that she and i could both use while i wasnt using the company car, we are going to start a family and would rather her not be driving a 400+ hp RWD car up here in the rain or snow, and couldnt justify keeping it, and tried to sell it to just get down to one car, so the only thing i could do was trade both in for a car we both can use. anyway just letting anyone know that is interested or that may have already seen it....

its a 2008 red ISF located in WA, listed on craigslist, it was traded in at an acura store, and is there right now for a short period of time, they have it priced at 45000.00, and it will be wholesaled to lexus of bellevue (where it will be priced a lot more im sure) most likely next week unless they sell it first, but i dont think they will sell it first because I had it priced at 43000.00 and never got a hit on it. but who knows.

anyway if your interested in it, before you buy it please contact me. would rather someone on here buy it and give it a good home. and i can give you the low down on it, as far as what they paid for it, and full details about condition ect.

thanks!

PS... its a really sore subject, i hate the TL, and would have never have done this if i didnt have to lol, i wanted an ISF ever since i saw the spy photos a long time ago, finally got one, and only had it for 6 months, so im pretty bummed out right now. oh well just a car right? hopefully ill be ready for a new one when they to a refresh on it in the next year or two.
Old 07-08-10, 07:30 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't really understand the reasons you gave for trading.
Okay, you got a company car.
The wife had a TSX.
That means your ISF would have been a seldomly used weekly driver but a full fledged weekend burner. I don't get it.

Does this mean you got the TL for free? You traded in 2 cars. And why a TL?

Last edited by Ice350; 07-09-10 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-08-10, 07:47 PM
djsai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm you gotta do whatchu gotta doo..do you have any aftermarket parts???lol
Old 07-08-10, 08:36 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
I don't really understand the reasons you gave for trading.
Okay, you got a company car.
The wide had a TSX.
That means your ISF would have been a seldomly used weekly driver but a full fledged weekend burner. I don't get it.

Does this mean you got the TL for free? You traded in 2 cars. And why a TL?

my original plan was to sell the TSX, keep the ISF (wife could drive it)
-unfortunately couldn't sell it because i owed to much money (just bought it 5 months ago)
-plus selling the TSX and having wife drive ISF? i didn't like the idea, because of the power and RWD
second plan was to sell the ISF
-unfortunately couldnt sell it in time (no bites on it)
-plus didnt want to have the TSX as our only car (i dont care for the TSX)

3rd plan was to trade both in for something we can both enjoy somewhat, and get down to one payment, and not have a car we are paying for just sit in the driveway.

The point of the post was to inform anyone that may have seen or was interested in my old ISF of any details they may be interested in prior to buying it. so regardless what i drive now, or why i just wanted to inform any potential buyers
Old 07-08-10, 09:29 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

sucks to hear you had to give up your F but as long as your wife and yourself have something comparable for when you start your family, thats all that matters. personally, i wouldve kept the F. the four doors still make it more family friendly, even with the hp under the hood. best of luck on the new job!
Old 07-08-10, 10:55 PM
byung
Driver

Let's think it's just a car...I know it's really hard think that way.
Someday, you will have better car in your future...who knows...
I respect your decisions.
Peace in your family!
Old 07-08-10, 10:58 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
sucks to hear you had to give up your F but as long as your wife and yourself have something comparable for when you start your family, thats all that matters. personally, i wouldve kept the F. the four doors still make it more family friendly, even with the hp under the hood. best of luck on the new job!
believe me, i did everything i could to keep the F, but when it comes down to it, with how much it rains, she and i didnt feel comfortable having the F as HER daily driver, and in the winter if it snows up here at all she'd be stranded, and we are going to start a family soon, and no car would be worth it if it caused an accident with her and a new child, because it had to much power and spun out after hydroplaning on a freeway. she just didnt want to deal with a car of this magnitude, it made her nervous every time shes ever driven it, esp when wet.
Old 07-08-10, 11:01 PM
USBM2011
Driver

Originally Posted by byung
Let's think it's just a car...I know it's really hard think that way.
Someday, you will have better car in your future...who knows...
I respect your decisions.
Peace in your family!
yes this F is not the end of my sports car fantasies, hahahah, it is the end for the next couple years probably, which is why i went with a awd TL, believe me its no ISF, not even close, but still sporty enough for when im driving it for now, but yes it is just a car, and there will always be something faster, nicer, cooler, no matter what you drive (unless of course, if money were no object, but even then, thats debatable)
Old 07-09-10, 03:57 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i test drove a tl too and hated it
handling was too stiff
Old 07-09-10, 04:21 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hahahaf
i test drove a tl too and hated it
handling was too stiff
The TL didn't show me much either.
Old 07-09-10, 04:40 AM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought my ISF specifically as my wife's daily driver and weekend fun for me. She does know how to drive very well though. My lifted truck, CBR1000RR, and her track-focused S2000 weren't suitable for her long commute, so I bought her a fun "commuter car" and simultaneously a weekend warrior for me.
Old 07-09-10, 06:34 AM
ISFer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by matadorBP2
yes this F is not the end of my sports car fantasies, hahahah, it is the end for the next couple years probably, which is why i went with a awd TL, believe me its no ISF, not even close, but still sporty enough for when im driving it for now, but yes it is just a car, and there will always be something faster, nicer, cooler, no matter what you drive (unless of course, if money were no object, but even then, thats debatable)
Sorry for your sacrifice........Acura is decent....I've had the entry level CSX (Canada only) like your Honda Si and, tho front drive, I've loved it, so it's not all bad.
Like you said, when things change in the future you can move back to an 'F' and get all the upgrades....

Don't despair, the TL is a great ride, and it'll grow on you. Let us know how that goes.
Best wishes, hope you stay in touch, and be sure to let us know when the next 'F' is on order. You won't want to be without for long.

C.
Old 07-09-10, 10:17 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

TL is not a bad car like most people make it out to be. It's just indisputably ugly.
Old 07-09-10, 12:03 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

hey everyone, sad day yesterday, had to trade in my ISF, because i got a new job that came with a company car, so traded it and my wifes 2010 TSX in for a AWD ACURA TL , that she and i could both use while i wasnt using the company car, we are going to start a family and would rather her not be driving a 400+ hp RWD car up here in the rain or snow, and couldnt justify keeping it, and tried to sell it to just get down to one car, so the only thing i could do was trade both in for a car we both can use. anyway just letting anyone know that is interested or that may have already seen it....

its a 2008 red ISF located in WA, listed on craigslist, it was traded in at an acura store, and is there right now for a short period of time, they have it priced at 45000.00, and it will be wholesaled to lexus of bellevue (where it will be priced a lot more im sure) most likely next week unless they sell it first, but i dont think they will sell it first because I had it priced at 43000.00 and never got a hit on it. but who knows.

anyway if your interested in it, before you buy it please contact me. would rather someone on here buy it and give it a good home. and i can give you the low down on it, as far as what they paid for it, and full details about condition ect.

thanks!

PS... its a really sore subject, i hate the TL, and would have never have done this if i didnt have to lol, i wanted an ISF ever since i saw the spy photos a long time ago, finally got one, and only had it for 6 months, so im pretty bummed out right now. oh well just a car right? hopefully ill be ready for a new one when they to a refresh on it in the next year or two.
2 cars for 1?? especially 1 expensive IS-F and a TSX for a cheap Acura TL??? and IS-F is way safter, better looking and faster than the acura TL... what is wrong with you ...
Old 07-09-10, 12:30 PM
madoka
Pole Position

my original plan was to sell the TSX, keep the ISF (wife could drive it)
-unfortunately couldn't sell it because i owed to much money (just bought it 5 months ago)
-plus selling the TSX and having wife drive ISF? i didn't like the idea, because of the power and RWD
second plan was to sell the ISF
-unfortunately couldnt sell it in time (no bites on it)
-plus didnt want to have the TSX as our only car (i dont care for the TSX)

3rd plan was to trade both in for something we can both enjoy somewhat, and get down to one payment, and not have a car we are paying for just sit in the driveway.
4th plan: sell wife and keep the F

Quick Reply: Before you buy this car....