IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!

Old 11-11-15, 10:52 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 77 Posts

I'm still debating between another Recaro Performance, or the Maxi Cosi Pria 85 or the Graco Milestone.
Old 11-19-15, 08:13 PM
Tokenblkgy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad i just found this thread. Pretty much in the same boat as the rest of you dads with justifying the ISF but it wasn't to my wife, it was to her Father, so I have shown him this thread lol He says i should have gotten a GS 350 or GX 470 ...
Anyway we had our baby shower this weekend and with my son arriving in Jan we got 3 car seats. Kind of works out. I was surprised as my best friend sent me the Recaro Sport Combo seat. i think we are going to save this one for the Volvo SUV we have and ill use the Chicco key fit 30 ( we got two of them) for the ISF a give the other one to her parents since they are doing the daycare duty for us.

From the previous posts i read thought i should be kay with the Chicco seat. Im 6.3 and my wife is 5.2 so the seat will be sitting behind her..

Name:  20151116_120933_zpsvdbh2g7d.jpg
Views: 997
Size:  531.8 KB

Name:  20151119_194510_zpszwt73dy2.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  519.2 KB
Old 11-20-15, 08:44 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

P.S. Just wanted to say since I saw someone mention the Radian RXT ~ these are the MOST versatile seats and also pretty strong. We have 3 of them!

Downside is they are a bit heavy and don't offer much head support if your kid tends to nap a lot in the car.

Plus side is they are compact so you can put 3-across most larger cars and they fold for easy packing at airports. It's also quite strong hence the extra weight.

After having the 2 kids and going through pretty much every possible car type, configuration, etc, I have determined there is NO SUCH thing as a perfect seat for every baby, every car.

Each car presents it's own challenges and each kid is different sized. Also parenting is like asking about religion at a dinner table, everyone has their own opinion. So what works for one person may not work for another ..... e.g. tall wife vs. shorter wife

We use a either a Radian RXT Maxi Cosi in our Audi which works well to stay within the bucket seat whereas the Recaro would never fit and the Clek, forget it...

Name:  IMG_4625_zpsc7e2e2cc.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  2.09 MB
Old 11-21-15, 07:25 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tokenblkgy
Glad i just found this thread. Pretty much in the same boat as the rest of you dads with justifying the ISF but it wasn't to my wife, it was to her Father, so I have shown him this thread lol He says i should have gotten a GS 350 or GX 470 ...
Anyway we had our baby shower this weekend and with my son arriving in Jan we got 3 car seats. Kind of works out. I was surprised as my best friend sent me the Recaro Sport Combo seat. i think we are going to save this one for the Volvo SUV we have and ill use the Chicco key fit 30 ( we got two of them) for the ISF a give the other one to her parents since they are doing the daycare duty for us.

From the previous posts i read thought i should be kay with the Chicco seat. Im 6.3 and my wife is 5.2 so the seat will be sitting behind her..

I'm in the same boat. Had the shower last weekend and due Feb 4. Recaro could be the answer.
Old 11-23-15, 09:48 PM
JVN
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-sup cl,

we have the recaro performance sport for the isf

my son loves it..easy to get in/out and seems to be pretty comfortable for him

Old 11-24-15, 01:11 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 77 Posts

I think i'm going to settle on another Recaro Performance Sport seat... after looking at the other seats I was interested in, they all seem to sit pretty high. I also like how the bolsters are on the Recaro seats and we already own 3 of them, so why not just get another one.
Old 11-26-15, 08:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Had a chance to finally take a decent shot . My kids are 3 and 5 and both weigh 41 lbs .( my son is big like his daddy )
Attached Thumbnails Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!-photo402.jpg   Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!-photo4294967273.jpg   Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!-photo4294967018.jpg  
Old 11-27-15, 11:46 AM
Fsport2UR
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 11-27-15, 07:58 PM
JdmDreams
Driver School Candidate

I have two seats one Recaro and one Chicco, both fit but don't allow much room. Will be better once the Chicco can be retired and a booster is put in place!
Old 03-14-16, 10:00 AM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 151 Likes on 100 Posts

I have my first kid coming in early June, I think I'm going to go with the aton 2 for rear facing. Can anyone recommend a lightweight stroller the aton snaps into that fits nicely in the trunk?
Old 03-14-16, 10:35 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,836 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by 93MSB
I have my first kid coming in early June, I think I'm going to go with the aton 2 for rear facing. Can anyone recommend a lightweight stroller the aton snaps into that fits nicely in the trunk?
Stroller Compatibility: The Aton(s) can be used (with an adapter) with any of Cybex's strollers: the Callisto, Topaz, or the Onyx. With a Cybex OR Maxi-Cosi car seat adapter, the Aton 2/Q can also be used on the vast majority of strollers in the strollersphere, especially the luxury strollers.

I bought Cybex stroller with the adapters to snap the Aton onto the stroller. My son grew too fast and was out of the Cybex at 6 months. Too tall too quick. He's 2 1/2 now and normal height for a 4 year old.
Old 03-14-16, 02:30 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

With twins we opted for the baby jogger city selectz. For a twin stroller it was the lightest and easiest collapsing we could find. They make a singleton version as wel. It collapses nicely and fit well into the trunk of the F. Buy the adapters for the Aton 2 seats from Amazon. Much cheaper. I second the suggestion of the Aton 2, awesome car seats. Our boys out grew them quickly and they are now in Diono seats that will not be in the F until they are forward facing.
Old 03-14-16, 06:08 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

I have a month old son and the rear facing car seat was an interesting install but it fit. I'll use the wife's Land crusier to hall the little guy around.
Old 03-15-16, 07:13 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

My Graco infant seat fits just fine. I didn't even need to put a pool noodle or anything to level out the base either since it has leveling adjustments.

The stroller on the other hand - it fits in the trunk but I have to take the front wheel and the handles off. So that is a PITA. It is a bigass jogging stroller though. No big deal since we usually take the truck if we are actually planning to use the stroller.
Old 02-09-17, 09:51 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My buddy just picked up a SGM IS-F and we were helping him install his JoeZ exhaust last night. Forgot to snap a picture but he has TWO baby seats in the back of his car.

One front facing seat which is easy for his 4 year old and a Recaro rear facing on the passenger side which seems impossible to fit but he managed to get it to work with enough space for his wife too! Another thing I noticed was with the rear facing Recaro, although it fits, you basically lose all visibility out of the passenger rear window if you are looking out that side over your shoulder.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!