IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-17, 07:26 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
My buddy just picked up a SGM IS-F and we were helping him install his JoeZ exhaust last night. Forgot to snap a picture but he has TWO baby seats in the back of his car.

One front facing seat which is easy for his 4 year old and a Recaro rear facing on the passenger side which seems impossible to fit but he managed to get it to work with enough space for his wife too! Another thing I noticed was with the rear facing Recaro, although it fits, you basically lose all visibility out of the passenger rear window if you are looking out that side over your shoulder.
This is why we have a GSF.
Old 02-09-17, 10:13 PM
supersonic
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

good thing i dont have kids...plus those seats are expensive!
Old 02-10-17, 05:41 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by supersonic
good thing i dont have kids...plus those seats kids are expensive!
Fixed that for you

The one time cost of a good car seat is nothing compared to the amount of money they'll siphon away from your hobbies over the years!

-Mike
Old 02-10-17, 08:44 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by mikersoft
Fixed that for you

The one time cost of a good car seat is nothing compared to the amount of money they'll siphon away from your hobbies over the years!

-Mike
And people wonder why I haven't been to the track in 3 years...BTW, my son is 3...
Old 06-02-17, 10:44 PM
Ramfis
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have tw boys, a 14 month and a 10 days, so one rear and one front facing and yes it is tight for the rear facing but I could handle it. I only take them on my car several times they are mostly on my X5 2016 with a third row seat....
Old 06-03-17, 08:37 AM
b15
Rookie

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

Glad I found this thread. I'm considering consolidating my two cars and getting an ISF. I have a 14mo old and she's rear facing in a convertible seat. We use both the Britax click tight Boulevard and Chicco nextfit. These pictures are pretty much what I imagined for the isf. My current DD is a TL and while I have to move the front seat up slightly, it's still pretty usable/roomy. Looks like the isf would be a much tighter fit but for the most part it'll just be me and my daughter. We usually take the wife's car for family trips. Maybe I'll keep the TL after seeing these pics.
Old 03-11-19, 11:41 AM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Bringing this thread back to life since I didn't think it was necessary to start a new thread.

My 7 year old daughter is growing out of her Recaro Prosport car seat so we started looking at booster seats. I ended up getting Graco Backless TurboBooster seat over the weekend, did a test fit in the ISF and since the back seat is shaped to hug your body, the booster seat was too wide and didn't sit flush against the back-rest of the backseat. This booster seat fits fine in my wife's infiniti...

Question - Those of you who have booster seats in the F for your kids, which one did you end up getting and fitting? At this point, I'm going to leave her in her Recaro seat as long as possible.
Old 03-11-19, 12:43 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by iH8RICERZ
Bringing this thread back to life since I didn't think it was necessary to start a new thread.

My 7 year old daughter is growing out of her Recaro Prosport car seat so we started looking at booster seats. I ended up getting Graco Backless TurboBooster seat over the weekend, did a test fit in the ISF and since the back seat is shaped to hug your body, the booster seat was too wide and didn't sit flush against the back-rest of the backseat. This booster seat fits fine in my wife's infiniti...

Question - Those of you who have booster seats in the F for your kids, which one did you end up getting and fitting? At this point, I'm going to leave her in her Recaro seat as long as possible.
The super cheap Costco boosters fit perfectly into the back seat.
Old 03-11-19, 12:59 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

I just ordered the Diono Cambria 2 in black, should be here by end of week and can snap pics this weekend without the back piece. Or you can look into this: https://us.diono.com/product/solana-2/
I ordered this: https://us.diono.com/product/cambria-2/

Last edited by msgs350; 03-11-19 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-11-19, 01:54 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Is there a official vendor for Recaro seats? Or are they not selling it in the U.S. anymore?
Old 03-11-19, 02:19 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by F_Throttle
Is there a official vendor for Recaro seats? Or are they not selling it in the U.S. anymore?
Interesting..quick search resulted in this: https://www.babybargains.com/breakin...ller-business/
From their website, looks like they are selling only in Germany and Japan.
We bought our Recaro seat/stroller in 2015 from buybuybaby and now they don't stock Recaro, so it may be true. Selection on Amazon is also minimal for Recaro, which would mean retailers are selling whatever remaining stock they have.

Last edited by msgs350; 03-11-19 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-11-19, 05:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Recaro is abandoning the US market. We had two ProRides. I bought Cybex Q2-Fix for the booster. My 5 year old is the size of a normal 7 year old and it works perfectly for him. It installs with latch clips, super easy, fit the IS F and GS F without issues.

https://www.albeebaby.com/cybex-solu...car-seats.html

sign up on their website for a 20% discount. We bought two at the same time and saved a LOT over full price.

In the GS F:

In the IS F, same seat:

Old 03-11-19, 09:21 PM
iH8RICERZ
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 77 Posts

Thank you guys for the suggestions and pics.

We currently have 4 recaro prorides... 2 in the ISF, 2 in my wife's Infiniti. I read the manual and it says the seat can be used as a booster, the only problem is, the base is a hair too wide and everytime you push the seat belt into the receiver, it gets pushed down and wedged under the car seat if it isnt aligned on the first go.
Old 03-11-19, 10:49 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Thank you guys for the suggestions and pics.

We currently have 4 recaro prorides... 2 in the ISF, 2 in my wife's Infiniti. I read the manual and it says the seat can be used as a booster, the only problem is, the base is a hair too wide and everytime you push the seat belt into the receiver, it gets pushed down and wedged under the car seat if it isnt aligned on the first go.
Take a pool noodle, slice a piece of it off and stuff it around the belt latch to hold it up when your child is inserting the tab. You'll have this problem no matter what seat you choose, AMHIK.
The following users liked this post:
MileHIFcar (03-13-19)
Old 05-24-20, 12:29 PM
petoria
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, looks like we are expecting a new buddy in our household. Been perusing the forums as to what fits best into the ISF and still haven't really gotten a definitive answer.

What have you F'n fathers used that worked well without issues. I sit fairly close to the wheel. Did see Lobux mention the Cybex, some of you mentioned other brands as well. Can you guys help a father to be with some additional suggestions for what fits? The ones with the base would be best as we have multiple cars and to be able to click them in is a time saver.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Show me Baby Seats in the IS-F!!!