IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Official Mercury Metallic IS-F Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-16, 10:19 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

Well I posted these before, but here's mine.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Official Mercury Metallic IS-F Pictures-sides.jpg   Official Mercury Metallic IS-F Pictures-new-lights.jpg   Official Mercury Metallic IS-F Pictures-afters.jpg  
Old 06-23-16, 03:30 PM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Jz39
Those wheels look great--what are they? One of the few sets I've seen that I like as good/better than OEM on the F. Are you lowered at all?
Thanks! Theyre TWS (not to be confused with TSW) T66-F's
19 x 9.5 all around. 19lbs/ea so theyre extremely light. Im lowered on Swift springs.
-R
Old 06-23-16, 03:54 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by FNSSESPORT
Thanks! Theyre TWS (not to be confused with TSW) T66-F's
19 x 9.5 all around. 19lbs/ea so theyre extremely light. Im lowered on Swift springs.
-R
Nice.. I've starting looking for a lightweight wheel for a squared track set-up.. I'll be checking these out.

-Mike

EDIT: Nice for sure, but also kinda pricey.. Ouch. Perhaps I won't be checking these out
Old 06-23-16, 04:54 PM
Pushtape
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's mine, never posted a pic. Day I bought it sitting in the driveway.

Old 06-23-16, 06:56 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4

I keep obsessing over this car... I may have to get me some LC818. Looks great on MM!
Wow!! Who's car is that?! Which side skirts? What rear diffuser?!?! Looks like Wald but doesn't have the reflectors. Very good looking car!

V.
Old 06-23-16, 08:27 PM
collection
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the roof wrapped in black or carbon fiber?
Old 06-23-16, 08:41 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Wow!! Who's car is that?! Which side skirts? What rear diffuser?!?! Looks like Wald but doesn't have the reflectors. Very good looking car!

V.
The owner parted it out and sold it a while ago... diffuser is arkym I belive. A lot of carbon sides look like that (look for AIT side skirt extension). Great looking car for sure
Old 06-24-16, 12:15 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

few pictures before the new wheels coming

Old 06-24-16, 01:11 AM
dabs
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Name:  DSC_5342.jpg
Views: 1205
Size:  198.0 KB
Old 06-24-16, 09:46 AM
FNSSESPORT
Lead Lap

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
Nice.. I've starting looking for a lightweight wheel for a squared track set-up.. I'll be checking these out.

-Mike

EDIT: Nice for sure, but also kinda pricey.. Ouch. Perhaps I won't be checking these out
You need to be better at rationalizing like me - you're really buying them for 50% off because eventually you'll sell them and get half your money back! And you can save a bit by going through a Japanese distributor (which I did).
I think the quality justifies the price, don't forget, TWS did the IS-F TRD wheels (which is why these look exactly the same), if they're good enough for Toyota, they're good enough for everyone! I find it interesting at how undervalued these seem to be (at least in N. America), I guess they're not as good at advertising as RAYS, HRE, Vossen etc.
All that being said, if I was buying them for track use only, I'd be in the same boat as you, too pricey for just an occasional wheel. I'll get off my TWS soapbox now
-R
Old 06-24-16, 10:09 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by dabs
This looks GREAT on oem wheels!! I assume those are larger tires than OE spec? Are you lowered?
Old 06-25-16, 02:24 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

You need to be better at rationalizing like me - you're really buying them for 50% off because eventually you'll sell them and get half your money back! And you can save a bit by going through a Japanese distributor (which I did).
I think the quality justifies the price, don't forget, TWS did the IS-F TRD wheels (which is why these look exactly the same), if they're good enough for Toyota, they're good enough for everyone! I find it interesting at how undervalued these seem to be (at least in N. America), I guess they're not as good at advertising as RAYS, HRE, Vossen etc.
All that being said, if I was buying them for track use only, I'd be in the same boat as you, too pricey for just an occasional wheel. I'll get off my TWS soapbox now
-R
Cool! Tell me where to send the 50% payment and I'll give you my address to ship me your wheels😀 I think it's time for you to sell!
Old 06-25-16, 06:45 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

-R
Yeah, I think that's a valid point to consider. High quality aftermarket parts (wheels, coilovers, etc) can usually be re-sold to other enthusiasts to recoup a decent chunk of the initial spend. However, as you mentioned, it's more difficult to rationalize if they're only used a few times per year.

Now I'm debating whether or not to just DD a squared set-up with nice lightweight wheels.. However, that would require using tires more suitable for the street. My initial plan was to use R-comp tires at the track for max performance. This decision would be easier for me if I didn't have the 2012 wheels, which I think are the best looking of the three OEM versions.

-Mike
Old 06-26-16, 09:16 AM
dabs
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
This looks GREAT on oem wheels!! I assume those are larger tires than OE spec? Are you lowered?
Thanks bud

Not lowered, 15mm spacers at the front and 20mm at the back, from B2Designs
Old 06-26-16, 09:39 AM
ROYALISF
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dabs
Thanks bud

Not lowered, 15mm spacers at the front and 20mm at the back, from B2Designs
I've been on the fence about spacers... hows the ride? Have you encountered any bearing problems? Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Official Mercury Metallic IS-F Pictures