IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Elite and ISS make 402whp!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-10, 06:13 PM
houstonT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't even bother to pay that close attention to see what type of dyno this was. Since it was a Dyno Dynamics the best way to compare the benefit of the mods would be to see BONE STOCK vs. mods. Do you have a bone stock dyno chart?
Peter
Old 05-06-10, 06:45 PM
Splat
Lead Lap

no there is no bone stock for this car available to do.

people here are way to much about numbers and forget that its just a tool to use for tuning! this is a baseline to see what will be yielded from the aem, then the headers, then the supercharger.
Old 05-06-10, 08:42 PM
Ekorre
Rookie

Originally Posted by Splat
no there is no bone stock for this car available to do.

people here are way to much about numbers and forget that its just a tool to use for tuning! this is a baseline to see what will be yielded from the aem, then the headers, then the supercharger.
splat, if that thing is really making 402 whp what is your estimate of @ the crank? Its definitely powerful.

Do you have any recent trap speeds? Congrats on such a beast.
Old 05-06-10, 09:23 PM
Elite Autosport
Former Sponsor

We use a 11% correction. The reason we do that is because there is another local shop that has a dynojet, and by using this correction we ALWAYS come very close to their numbers. Usually we are still a bit low.
Old 05-07-10, 10:11 AM
houstonT
Lead Lap

That explains a lot....so you made 363 rwhp actual and simply applied an 11% cf? You must be at high altitude...maybe Vegas/Phx?

Peter

Originally Posted by Elite Autosport
We use a 11% correction. The reason we do that is because there is another local shop that has a dynojet, and by using this correction we ALWAYS come very close to their numbers. Usually we are still a bit low.
Old 05-07-10, 12:48 PM
Elite Autosport
Former Sponsor

If you do any research you will see that a Dyno Dynamics Dyno reads about 11% lower than a DynoJet uncorrected. So by adding the correction factor it allows us to compete with DynoJet #'s. It's not that the car doesn't make the power, the dynos just read differently. Just like a Mustang Dyno is KNOWN to read much lower than a DynoJet. I will try to get this thing over to a DynoJet next week with a couple new mods.
Old 05-07-10, 03:24 PM
Elite Autosport
Former Sponsor

If you guys think I took the 360whp and just added 11% that is not what I did. The First runs were done in Snow Mode 4th gear. We wanted to see what the throttle and timing did differently in those gears. The car made 356whp WITH the correction built in already. Then we moved to 4th gear Sport mode to see if timing was different. the car made 388whp, again WITH the correction built in. Then we moved to 6th gear Sport mode and that is when the car madeconcistantly over 400whp for 3 pulls. This correction has been used by us for along time to get our Dyno to read about the same as a DynoJet. These #'s are not fake in anyway. I will have more info next week as the Headers are going on over the weekend.
Old 05-07-10, 05:02 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

At this point I'm taking the 402whp dyno as a benchmark. I think the rest of us should do the same. This is really about the performance gains, not what dyno makes what power.

Looking forward to the results Andy. Also, god luck with the tuning. My birthday is at the end of the month and i really want a HP type present
If you guys think I took the 360whp and just added 11% that is not what I did. The First runs were done in Snow Mode 4th gear. We wanted to see what the throttle and timing did differently in those gears. The car made 356whp WITH the correction built in already. Then we moved to 4th gear Sport mode to see if timing was different. the car made 388whp, again WITH the correction built in. Then we moved to 6th gear Sport mode and that is when the car madeconcistantly over 400whp for 3 pulls. This correction has been used by us for along time to get our Dyno to read about the same as a DynoJet. These #'s are not fake in anyway. I will have more info next week as the Headers are going on over the weekend.
Old 05-07-10, 05:07 PM
Ekorre
Rookie

whats it making at crank about? What drive train loss do you think is appropriate? Im loving what Im hearing, either way, this thing is a beast.
Old 05-07-10, 05:33 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best way to tell exactly what the performance modes have done for the car is to take it to the track and check for improvement in trap speed and ET. You will know for sure that these modes are favorable or not.
Old 05-07-10, 06:40 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by hblexus07
The best way to tell exactly what the performance modes have done for the car is to take it to the track and check for improvement in trap speed and ET. You will know for sure that these modes are favorable or not.
Unfortunately I don't think this is the best way either. Weather conditions vary day to day as well as wind direction so I'd say a dyno is still the best tool for measuring performance gains.
Old 05-07-10, 06:40 PM
trackdood
Pole Position

but... you have to put the power to the ground.... HINT HINT!! OS GIKEN!!!
Old 05-09-10, 06:34 AM
jaslapp1
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you guys even tested your headers yet?