IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Mark Levinson Subwoofer Sound Quality at louder volumes

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-12, 12:32 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You guys must work on a flightline or something. I only rarely exceed 25. 40 all the time? Yeah, loud enough to cause long term hearing loss for sure.

But it's OK, you're young and not experiencing the ravages of your youth impacting you in old age yet. Just wait...
I roll 50+ most of the time - hip/hop all the time - its a club in my car YOLO!

I too have been very dissatisfied with the ML especially using music videos off of VEVO and using Pandora - i know its going to get worse while streaming but almost to where my music is boring!!?? Music producers would be mad if they heard the sound. I think its the Chrysler 300 or 200 2ith the new Beats By Dre system. I want to hear that! I have both the Over The Ears headphones and Earbuds setup by Dre and I love them!!! Too bad the ML doesnt sound like that.
Old 10-08-12, 12:59 AM
toky916
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it depends on your source I use spotify with the highest setting I believe 320kbs and sounds amazing compared to the is-c we have with basic sound
Old 10-08-12, 07:51 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lx470man
Bottom Line the ML system is just garbage. I have never been so disappointed by a system that supposedly to have a better quality to them. I don't know but every lexus that I opted for the stereo upgrade has been garbage. Like in my old lx470 with it's Nakamachi system, what sounds good is the premium system in the new M3.
Agree, I have had ours to the dealer twice, they replaced the sub with no change. It is funny cause at each visit the base ES they give me as loaner has a better system than the "top end" system in the ISF. We even pulled my ISF next to a base IS and cranked both, guess which sounds better. The techs as the dealership are amazed at how poor of base reproduction the ML system produces. It is really the only disappointment I have with the car, well that and I would like ths stock exahust to be a bit more agressive, a dual mode system would have been awesome quiet in normal but open up when you push the sport button.
Old 10-08-12, 08:03 AM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by toky916
Well it depends on your source I use spotify with the highest setting I believe 320kbs and sounds amazing compared to the is-c we have with basic sound
Im going to give Spotify a shot and see if it isn't any better...

Im not expecting a world of change though!
Old 10-08-12, 10:43 AM
toky916
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2ndGF

Ok sorry I did forget to mention a detail I left out.
So a few weeks back I was using a droid RAZR by Motorola paired via Bluetooth.
The sound quality was ok nothing to impressive tho,
Washing my car the next day I decided to pair my IPad and the increase in quality and bass was huge. I have the iPhone 5 now and it still sounds better compared to other phone devices.
Just give it a try with some one who has those devices and let me know.
Thanks
Old 10-08-12, 12:14 PM
lilcop17
Driver

Originally Posted by verals05
To solve that problem I bought a JL CleanSweep and JL Sub. Deff. worth it!
Does it have good bass? Instead of the cheap crappy sounding the isf comes with? I'm looking for something with a lot better quality!
Old 10-08-12, 06:48 PM
2ndGF
Lexus Test Driver

I tried Spotify today and I was impressed at all the music that was on there and how readily available all the albums were. Question: it says im on a 48 hour trial, is that for premium? Or will I have to pay for the regular version? If i have to pay I wont use it bc there are so many other free music choices out there - but if its free I will definitely continue to use it.

Spotify definitely was very clear and powerful with the settings at its max quality/streaming - there was good sound, bass, treble, and mids with volume in the mid 40's - the only problem came from Verizon! I was in Laguna Beach on PCH Trying it and it kept cutting in and out.
Old 10-09-12, 01:50 AM
toky916
Pole Position

I tried Spotify today and I was impressed at all the music that was on there and how readily available all the albums were. Question: it says im on a 48 hour trial, is that for premium? Or will I have to pay for the regular version? If i have to pay I wont use it bc there are so many other free music choices out there - but if its free I will definitely continue to use it.

Spotify definitely was very clear and powerful with the settings at its max quality/streaming - there was good sound, bass, treble, and mids with volume in the mid 40's - the only problem came from Verizon! I was in Laguna Beach on PCH Trying it and it kept cutting in and out.
Well yes there is I pay for It I get to To save the songs like u own them and play them any time without use data or if your in a dead spot there is the option to make it available offline.
After the free Trial u can use it just like pandora radio with our the annoying video ad's
There is a 6 skip rule but u can make switch and it will Automatically reset after you switch it station next the cloud based is expanding everyday with new music.

What phone are u use btw ?
Old 10-10-12, 08:19 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been trying Spotify on my iphone 5 AND iphone 4. It doesn't work well when connecting via USB, but works great through bluetooth. Any suggestions on hooking up using the USB? It'll play for a bit and then quit.
Old 10-10-12, 12:12 PM
Petshark
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pretty expensive system but just adding a little bass makes the car sounds 100x better. All the notes hit a lot stronger which really fills the car. I have 2 JL 12w6 subs in a sealed box powered by 2 zx750.1 amps and a kinetic battery on an isolater powering the trunk, accessories and a fan to keep the nitrous pressure down on the 100+ degree summer days. You don't have to go all out, but try adding 1 sub 10 or 12 and a small amp, it may change your whole attitude about the ML system.
Old 10-12-12, 10:29 PM
toky916
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PhiDeltBee
I've been trying Spotify on my iphone 5 AND iphone 4. It doesn't work well when connecting via USB, but works great through bluetooth. Any suggestions on hooking up using the USB? It'll play for a bit and then quit.
Well I don't know about the USB there could be a problem there! The 2011 ISC has the same issue maybe contact dealer and ask . But I find better quality using iPhone 5 4.0 Bluetooth .there is also a EQ on spotify settings came in the new update helps a bit more. I'm satisfied with my sound all depends on the source and CD's have a higher also mp3 are converted down by size so more can fit onto the Same memory thus sacrificing the quality from about 320kbit's to about 96-160kbit's .
I'm a research nerd