IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Look what Bev.Hills Lexus did....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-10, 12:32 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. According to them the car had just been washed and therefore was parked and as another car was backing up to get washed, it hit my car. It was a black GS which had much more damage than mine. The whole rear quarter panel and rear bumper were damaged.
Originally Posted by ISThree
did the service manager explain what exactly happened?
Originally Posted by 2slow
Get the number to BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair) and give it to the service manager. Then you tell them "Here's the number to BAR, should i call or should you call." "Now this is what i need.." and you proceed with the demands you want.

Dealerships are at hands and knees to BAR. If they care of about their reputation, they'll do whatever you want.

How did they damage your front? Ran into something?
My thoughts are that they gased the GS to hard and didnt have enough time to react therefore scraping the crap out of my front end. I'm getting a brand new bumper and should have it done by next week. They ordered a brand new OEM bumper for me.
Old 04-28-10, 12:34 PM
HenrysISF
Rookie

It does look like they ran into it with another car.
Hope they take care of you.
Old 04-28-10, 12:40 PM
Secksee
Lead Lap

punch the driver in the face.
Old 04-28-10, 12:40 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

this is why i never ever take my car to ANY stealership unless its ABSOLUTELY necessary, do all my maintenance myself...
Old 04-28-10, 12:41 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
The sad thing guys is that this happened to me last year when I took my wife's car (Rx) for the first 5k service too. That happened over at Longo though. I'm starting to think I'm the one with the bad luck...
i had it happen to me at longo too. i didnt even bother asking for anything. i went straight to the service consultant and demanded they see the damage they did to my vehicle. oil on white leather, full on scrape on the left bumper (im particular about how it looks, and i know there wasnt scratching before i took it in). ive always trusted my dealer, but occassionally, id go and check out their lounge area because they have the engine service bays right in front for all customers to check out. saw a group of three play rock, paper, scissors...saw a group (5+ technicians) huddled together around someone's sc for some reason. its things like i mentioned that, even though they may not seem like much, its readily visible for everyone to see- and by everyone, i mean customers and lexus personnel. i feel your pain OneSickF! im not knocking the great service techs that do a fine job on vehicles, but there are more and more idiotic ones that dont seem to uphold the proper care that a true lexus employee should have for its clients and their cars.
Old 04-28-10, 12:48 PM
ISFC6
Pole Position

I would obviously demand a new bumper, and definitely sue for dimished value, because when they paint the bumper, they will most likely have to blend the paint in with the hood and front fenders to get a good match with the rest of the paint.
Old 04-28-10, 03:39 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Yikes. Yea glad they are ordering a new OEM bumper for you. Don't go back there again. You can try South Bay next time... They were great last time I went. They have a lot of experience with modded cars, which is a plus.

Also, I'd advise you never to let a dealer wash your car. That's asking for trouble.
Old 04-28-10, 06:06 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

damn that sucks
Old 04-28-10, 06:14 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i would definitely not ask for service or detail for life. why would i want to go back again
yeah...well said Henry! I can't believe my mom got the old RX400h serviced there! LoL
Old 04-28-10, 06:23 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pavelekPL
imo that looks like some kind of grease or am i wrong?
Nah it looks more than just grease. I see some etching of the paint also.
Old 04-28-10, 06:30 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

Well you also have to think that your resale value just went to crap because now your car is going to have paint work. Like ISFC6 said, I would make them pay you for the resulting loss of value. Not sure if the F bumpers have a vin tag on them but if it does that would hurt resale even more. Pick it up on a sunny day, go over the paint job very closely when you get it back and make sure there's no overspray, etc.

If they won't compensate you on the loss of value, I would ask for the dealerships commercial insurance carrier and file a claim. They've already admitted fault, you have pics and chances are they will just pay you off rather than risk their rates going up.

Good luck!
Old 04-28-10, 09:31 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Sorry to hear what happen to the OP. After hearing so many bad experiences from other owners with service dept. it's making me feel very unstable. I'm thinking about getting the recall thing done for the F, but in an example my car gets taken for a joy ride by someone while my car is suppose to be service. What should I do? I have LoJack early warning on my car and I'll be handing the keyfob only to the service advisor. Let's say LoJack gives me a call in the middle the night about my car being moved or to check on the car. What are my options if something like that happen? Report to the cops immediately about my car being moved or call some sort of Lexus 800# regarding about the issue? Sorry for going off-topic.
Old 04-28-10, 09:46 PM
matt310
Rookie

Originally Posted by crazee201
Sorry to hear what happen to the OP. After hearing so many bad experiences from other owners with service dept. it's making me feel very unstable. I'm thinking about getting the recall thing done for the F, but in an example my car gets taken for a joy ride by someone while my car is suppose to be service. What should I do? I have LoJack early warning on my car and I'll be handing the keyfob only to the service advisor. Let's say LoJack gives me a call in the middle the night about my car being moved or to check on the car. What are my options if something like that happen? Report to the cops immediately about my car being moved or call some sort of Lexus 800# regarding about the issue? Sorry for going off-topic.
This is a ridiculous post. The pedal recall takes less than an hour; if you're so concerned about joyrides just wait at the dealership while they perform the repair.
Old 04-28-10, 09:50 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

That is a bummer. I'd wait to see what they will do for you first. Perhaps you should have waited to see what they would do for you before posting this up?
Old 04-28-10, 09:52 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Originally Posted by matt310
This is a ridiculous post. The pedal recall takes less than an hour; if you're so concerned about joyrides just wait at the dealership while they perform the repair.
I was told by a service advisor last week at Rallye Lexus that I would have to leave my car with them for a day or two. Sorry if my post sounds ridiculous but after hearing about how some dealerships out there misuse and abuses their customer's car. I think it I rather play it safe and be prepared.

Last edited by crazee201; 04-28-10 at 09:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Look what Bev.Hills Lexus did....