IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Look what Bev.Hills Lexus did....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-10, 10:03 PM
matt310
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
Yes. According to them the car had just been washed and therefore was parked and as another car was backing up to get washed, it hit my car. It was a black GS which had much more damage than mine. The whole rear quarter panel and rear bumper were damaged.

My thoughts are that they gased the GS to hard and didnt have enough time to react therefore scraping the crap out of my front end. I'm getting a brand new bumper and should have it done by next week. They ordered a brand new OEM bumper for me.
That really sucks. If you can, get a written estimate of what's being replaced. Check to make sure the damage is limited to just the bumper and not the mechanics on the other side like the fans, lights, mounting hardware and so on.

They'll need to paint the new bumper as it comes unpainted, so ask who's doing that. I don't know if BH Lexus uses their own body shop or if they use a third party. There are plenty of places in West LA that I can recommend that would do a great job. Either way, when it's done make sure you look at in direct sunlight to ensure the paint is even (not cloudy or splotchy) and feel the surrounding panels to make sure they didn't get any paint on them. This is unlikely since the bumper will be sprayed off the car, but still, you never know.

Also, for dealer service, Santa Monica Lexus is really good, and even though it's not the closest, it's big, and new, and has lots of space which will hopefully minimize (read: totally eliminate) idiotic, haphazard events like the one you're going through.

And it wouldn't hurt to call Lexus Consumer Relations to fill them in on what happened. They may offer something like a half dozen free oil changes, which may not seem like much, but it's better than nothing, right?

BTW - suing for diminished value is extremely hard to do. There will be no marks on Carfax since insurance isn't involved, and the bumper is being replaced with another OEM unit, so what's really diminished in the value?
Old 04-28-10, 10:10 PM
matt310
Rookie

Originally Posted by flipside909
That is a bummer. I'd wait to see what they will do for you first. Perhaps you should have waited to see what they would do for you before posting this up?
This is a really important point. I know for a fact that Toyota/Lexus dealers/employees are reading many of these forums, especially now because of the recall activity. You have every right to be PO'd, but being calm and firm, and not throwing around threats will get you farther, faster.
Old 04-28-10, 11:47 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If possible, have them to order factory painted bumper. It's almost impossible to paint match plastic bumper.

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
...They ordered a brand new OEM bumper for me.
Old 04-29-10, 06:15 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow good luck! be sure to notify lexus customer service direct incase in the future you have any problems with this repair etc! also get them to pay for a re alignment!
Old 04-29-10, 07:16 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
this is why i never ever take my car to ANY stealership unless its ABSOLUTELY necessary, do all my maintenance myself...
+1

I take my car to local small shop mechanics for service, and recommend you avoid the dealership for service and small repairs. Generally the quality technicians at the dealership are assigned to the higher paying jobs i.e. heads, engine overhaul/replacement, trans, etc. because they are the money makers, not the oil changes and __K services. For example the technician who worked on my car at Lexus of Westminster here in So. Ca. did not even know the oil capacity of the F.

As for warranty work, you just have to hope for the best.

Good Luck

Last edited by hwy1isf; 04-29-10 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-29-10, 07:18 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Dang man, that stinks! Good luck and let us know what happens
Old 04-29-10, 08:35 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

OEM bumpers (at least for the isf) dont come factory painted is what I heard from different dealers I called.
Originally Posted by avgj0F
If possible, have them to order factory painted bumper. It's almost impossible to paint match plastic bumper.
Old 04-29-10, 08:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i don't believe there is factory painted bumpers neither
Old 04-29-10, 10:28 AM
niko14
Driver School Candidate

so sorry.

One word Longo Lexus! (or two words) well worth the added drive to get to.

Last edited by niko14; 04-29-10 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-29-10, 10:31 AM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

My GF co-worker had the same thing happen to him. He took it to the dealership for a recall / service, saw one of the technicians get into his car and drive the car right into the driver door of a LS when he did a U turn. Guess he thought he could have done the U turn in 1 shot without stopping. Luckily he was there to witness the whole thing. The dealership took care of fixing up the car, but man, is this how they treat our cars when we are not there? I am scared to even think about these kind of things happening to my car when I leave it there for any service / recall.
Old 04-29-10, 10:40 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

I feel that technicians sometimes get the urge to feel the power of our Lexus'.
But sometimes fail and cause situations like mine.
Old 04-29-10, 10:56 AM
n0th1ng
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most techs dont really care about the car. ive heared/saw too many things about dealers so i only take my car there IF i must get it serviced there...
Old 04-29-10, 11:05 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

I've now learned my lesson and will start taking it where I service my wif's Rx. The place is called Lexology and it's in Redondo Beach.
Old 04-29-10, 11:11 AM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dang..this is really bad !
Old 04-29-10, 01:37 PM
IS-Fly168
Lead Lap

I think your main concern is the trade in value of your car now,, they will now think that your car was once in a trainwreck and guess what buddy,,, the value of your car probably dropped $5000 because of this BS... Make sure the dealer compensates you somehow for this loss... trust me,, you will feel it when you wanna trade in your car...

Quick Reply: Look what Bev.Hills Lexus did....