IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone else get a call from the dealer on gas pedal recall?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-10, 10:31 AM
jimtut2112
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine done yesterday with the 10k serivce. The pedal definitley looks smaller! And they topped off my gas tank as a courtesy for having the service done.
Old 05-01-10, 11:42 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimtut2112
I had mine done yesterday with the 10k serivce. The pedal definitley looks smaller! And they topped off my gas tank as a courtesy for having the service done.
HAA! Nice.

I had my tank topped off too...even though I didn't have it done :P
Old 05-01-10, 12:26 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the Canadian guys...

I picked up my F on Apr. 21 and they did NOT do a thing to it in regards to the recall. They had it for 4 days for routine service (I was out of town on business). I had received the pre-recall notice and thought that our dealers would also have the update. Apparently not...lol. They are still waiting on it up here, so no changes....yet.
Old 05-02-10, 12:05 AM
infinus
Lead Lap

Anyone have any pics of the new floor mats?
Old 05-02-10, 08:14 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Apparently the pedal is suppose to be the same size but with just the bottom corners cut off...but when I saw it they just looked way smaller
comparing the pics, it looks like the new pedal is indeed the same size (length) with just the bottom corners cut off. But it looks like the location where the pedal attaches to the pedal assembly is now lowered on the pedal so that after installing, the pedal sits higher off the floor, which causes the illusion that it's now shorter when looking at it next to the brake pedal. i could be wrong, but that's what it looks to me.

Last edited by raptor22; 05-02-10 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-05-10, 06:38 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Please Mr. Postman.....

....Return to Sender! Address Unknown! I was at the mailbox when the postman tried to deliver it but he wouldn't take it back. Anyhoo, I received my recall notice yesterday saying that my IS-F was subject to this campaign. Along with the pedal/floormat fix the letter mentioned the software update (no more torque-stopping at the light to facilitate launching the car I guess). I've heard that they are replacing floormats as well. I purchased some Lexus all-weather mats for the car and like them very much. Will they confiscate the ones I purchased and not return them? I've seen pictures of the new ones and they look rather "sucky". Your thoughts?

Last edited by jkeifer3; 05-05-10 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Forgot the title.
Old 05-05-10, 08:37 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

They didn't change my floor mats. Can anyone else chime in on whether or not their floor mats were replaced?
Originally Posted by jkeifer3
....Return to Sender! Address Unknown! I was at the mailbox when the postman tried to deliver it but he wouldn't take it back. Anyhoo, I received my recall notice yesterday saying that my IS-F was subject to this campaign. Along with the pedal/floormat fix the letter mentioned the software update (no more torque-stopping at the light to facilitate launching the car I guess). I've heard that they are replacing floormats as well. I purchased some Lexus all-weather mats for the car and like them very much. Will they confiscate the ones I purchased and not return them? I've seen pictures of the new ones and they look rather "sucky". Your thoughts?
Old 05-07-10, 12:25 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
They didn't change my floor mats. Can anyone else chime in on whether or not their floor mats were replaced?
Got mine done today with my 10k service. My mats were NOT replaced.

Pedal corners are cut off (like the bottom of a Hexagon). I like having a new shiny pedal to step on. he he.
Old 05-10-10, 04:18 PM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had two of the three components of the safety campaign installed on my "F" today. I had to sign a waiver when I refused to have them swap out my previously purchased all-weather floor mats (the replacements were much more shallow than the ones I purchased, crappy looking and "limp"). The new pedal, although smaller, has not affected my driving at all and my right foot finds the pedal reliably. They also flashed the new firmware into the system at the same time. For me, I feel Toyota was compelled to implement this recall to restore a perceived loss of consumer confidence. The conspiracy theorist in me asks if an American company would have been compelled to do the same?
Old 05-10-10, 07:41 PM
houstonT
Lead Lap

I had my 10k oil done today and specifically stated "DO NOT PERFORM THE RECALL ON MY CAR" and guess what? They didn't do it! All is good!
Peter
Old 05-11-10, 04:39 AM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

Car went in for it's 25k services yesterday and they did all the recalls.
1. Accelerator override
2. Pedal swap
3. Removed carpet padding and swapped my all-weather mats.

Overall the visual changes will take some time to get used too, but it all works and is clean. The new all-weather mats are nice since they say Lexus IS.

Does anyone know at what speed the engine will cut off when the brake and gas are pressed?
Old 05-11-10, 07:30 AM
kabnvtt
Driver School Candidate

Car went in for its 20k checkup and service and they did the recall service, but didnt say anything about it and then charged me for the parts.LOL. 2 weeks later i get a call and they want to refund the charge for the recall service.
Old 05-11-10, 08:20 AM
mrduck
Driver School Candidate

Quick question for the guys that got the recall done, Can you still power brake and do burn-outs, my dealer told me you can. The car only shuts down when you step on the brake twice while the gas is pressed, is this true?
Old 05-11-10, 10:03 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdsbrain
Car went in for it's 25k services yesterday and they did all the recalls.
1. Accelerator override
2. Pedal swap
3. Removed carpet padding and swapped my all-weather mats./
What's the deal with carpet padding removal?

Wasn't aware that they were doing that on the IS-F, IS250, IS350....
Old 05-11-10, 12:06 PM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS-SV
What's the deal with carpet padding removal?

Wasn't aware that they were doing that on the IS-F, IS250, IS350....
I asked if they did that and they said they did. I'll add in the Recall # .

Although I hold everything they do with a grain of salt.

Quick Reply: Anyone else get a call from the dealer on gas pedal recall?