IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Complete IS-F Brake Thread (Under-construction)

Old 03-09-15, 05:40 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At first The heavy dust bothered me. Always having to scrub it out and never totally getting it clean. Dust doesn't bother me one bit anymore. For those of you who have used sonax, will most likely agree that is is the best wheel cleaner on the market. I spray my wheels once my wheels get really dirty, let sit and spray off. There is nothing like it. http://www.sonax.com
Old 03-12-15, 12:26 PM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

any one find the best deal for front and rear brakes oem pads?? is there anything better and cheaper than oem?
Old 03-12-15, 12:33 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Look for textar pads and brembo rotors from partscontainer on eBay. Great deal on OEM parts.
Old 03-12-15, 01:53 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by allst4risf
any one find the best deal for front and rear brakes oem pads?? is there anything better and cheaper than oem?
These I mentioned a few pages back are working great on my car, no complaints and cant beat the price...

Originally Posted by speeddem0n
I have Bosch pads on the fronts and Brembo pads on the back. I notice how the rears have lots of brake dust compared to very little on the fronts everytime i wash my car. Cant go wrong with the Bosch, great price and work great. 2008 ISF.

Disc Brake Pad Quietcast Brake Pad Ceramic Front Bosch Fits 08 12 Lexus Is F | eBay
Old 03-15-15, 10:48 PM
allst4risf
Pit Crew

speed so to clarify they feel the same as oem??? they are oem??? reason i ask is cuz it looks like there s e sensor cut out on the front brakes.
Old 03-16-15, 07:17 AM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by allst4risf
speed so to clarify they feel the same as oem??? they are oem??? reason i ask is cuz it looks like there s e sensor cut out on the front brakes.
Feel and fit the same as OEM. Not sure what youre talking about but there is no sensor cut out.
Old 03-16-15, 01:39 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,280 Posts

^^^^There is a wear sensor cutout on some after market manufacture brake pads. My Ferodo Pads have the cutout. That's because the Brembo model of brake used on the ISF is (or was) also used by Mercedes Benz (I forget which model). The sensor is not used in the Lexus Brembo setup, so is superfluous for us.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Complete IS-F Brake Thread (Under-construction)-m58924243.jpeg  
Old 03-16-15, 01:42 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

some cars like porsches have brake pad sensors that will activate and display a light when the pads get low
Old 03-16-15, 02:08 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Gotcha.. i understood that lol.. Mercedes' that ive owned have had the sensors. What i meant was the ISF doesnt have sensors and i honestly dont recall if those Bosch pads had the cutout or not. I dont think they did otherwise i probably wouldve remembered.
Old 03-24-15, 10:28 AM
96300NAZ
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought I would throw in my part numbers and review on the setup I put on my 08 a couple hundred miles ago.

Centric High Carbon Rotors
Front: 128.44164
Rear: 128.44163

Stoptech Street Performance Pads
Front: 309.13650
Rear: 309.13660

I also added Stoptech SS Lines
Front: 950.44003
Rear: 950.44504

I do not track my car(s). However, I do live in an area surrounded by some of the roads the sportbikers, myself included, love riding on. My brakes on my cars get good workouts.

The rotors themselves are a copy of the stock rotor. They're cross drilled, and black coated on the inside and outside of the hats as well as through the cooling fins. The pads, well they look like pads haha.

Bedding took longer than I thought it would however I would say if you like the bite and stopping power of the OEM, this setup won't disappoint you. That hard bite I felt from the OEM is softened but the braking power feels much stronger, which obviously with SS lines helps. For street driving I haven't noticed heat up issues, however I will be giving it an extensive workout here in the next week or so when I take it to a gorge near me. Being 5 hours away from deal's gap I likely wont be seeing that until the summer time. I was hesitant with the setup because of the lack of reviews. However, I have 0 complaints.

I ordered everything from Autoanything.com, found a 20% off coupon online and the cost was $618.35 shipped to my door.
Old 03-24-15, 12:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,832 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Better pedal from braided stainless lines is mythology, not fact. I've been using braided stainless teflon lines for brakes since I built my first set in 1980. There is no measurable difference in pedal when the lines are changed unless there was air previously in the system which was removed when the new lines were installed.

IOW, they're a waste of money. Trust me, the disappointment after putting all the work into building the lines connector by connector was enough to make me never consider them again unless they're cheaper than standard lines.
Old 03-25-15, 07:05 PM
Pie
Driver

Originally Posted by 96300NAZ
I thought I would throw in my part numbers and review on the setup I put on my 08 a couple hundred miles ago.

Centric High Carbon Rotors
Front: 128.44164
Rear: 128.44163

Stoptech Street Performance Pads
Front: 309.13650
Rear: 309.13660

I also added Stoptech SS Lines
Front: 950.44003
Rear: 950.44504

I do not track my car(s). However, I do live in an area surrounded by some of the roads the sportbikers, myself included, love riding on. My brakes on my cars get good workouts.

The rotors themselves are a copy of the stock rotor. They're cross drilled, and black coated on the inside and outside of the hats as well as through the cooling fins. The pads, well they look like pads haha.

Bedding took longer than I thought it would however I would say if you like the bite and stopping power of the OEM, this setup won't disappoint you. That hard bite I felt from the OEM is softened but the braking power feels much stronger, which obviously with SS lines helps. For street driving I haven't noticed heat up issues, however I will be giving it an extensive workout here in the next week or so when I take it to a gorge near me. Being 5 hours away from deal's gap I likely wont be seeing that until the summer time. I was hesitant with the setup because of the lack of reviews. However, I have 0 complaints.

I ordered everything from Autoanything.com, found a 20% off coupon online and the cost was $618.35 shipped to my door.
I ordered from autoanything.com as well with 20% off and free shipping. I ordered all 4 Centric Rotors aka Stoptech. The bedding did take longer than I was use to, but they have good bite now. I will hopefully track the car end of April, depending on work or if I feel like it. I usually avoid tracking during summer, too f'ing hot.
Old 03-26-15, 10:19 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone know if we can use the front rotors off the RC-F or GS-F? Slotted design is much better than a drilled for track use.
Old 03-26-15, 10:54 AM
PatrickISF
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggu
Does anyone know if we can use the front rotors off the RC-F or GS-F? Slotted design is much better than a drilled for track use.
Not unless you use a different caliper bracket to move the caliper since the RCF rotors are almost an inch bigger than ours. I can't confirm if the hub is the same size as our cars either. You can pick up aftermarket slotted rotors from other places for the ISF. I've tracked my ISF with drilled and others have too, they work just fine. Eventually as the rotor gets thinner you will start developing hair line cracks and you will need to replace the rotors.
Old 04-01-15, 12:30 PM
ddcruise
Rookie

Default rotors

What mm is about when we should change rotors?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Complete IS-F Brake Thread (Under-construction)