IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Looking to order an ISF

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-10, 07:49 PM
tk005x
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to order an ISF

Went to the dealer the other day at Tri-county Lexus and talked to one of the salesman for a bit and was told that the wait would be 4-6 months and wanted 5k non-refundable deposit. Seemed like a bunch of bs and didn't even bother to ask him for the actual price of the car....

Just curious to see what deals people are getting these days and what price I should be asking for?

I'm looking to put down about 20-30k and finance the rest....what APR should I looking be for as well, with great credit?

My lease is ending on the first week of June and am looking for a late May/early June delivery date, does it really take 4-6 months for delivery?

If anyone has any recommendations for dealer in Northern/Central NJ where I can get a good deal + test drive that would be great. I plan to put in an order at the end of Feb./beginning of March if everything goes well.

I was also looking to get silver/white interior combo, does anyone who has had the white interior for awhile can share their experiences on keeping it clean? Do jeans really stain the leather?

Thanks..
Old 02-14-10, 08:24 PM
AAM6906
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup 4-6 months seems right, i just ordered mine jan 30th so im expecting it sometime in june at the latest, i put 2500 down........im in west chester pa and wilkie lexus had an '09 w/ 5,000 miles on it they were trying to sell for invoice, 56k is what they told me i think........
Old 02-14-10, 09:31 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

four to six months to have it arrive at your dealership. but if you want, try out of state. you might find an actual selection and see the car in person before buying. i was skeptical about purchasing my F without actually seeing it, but i love it so much! well worth the wait! the 5k was the lone problem for me because it was nonrefundable, so if you fall out of love with the F while you wait for it being delivered, you're outta luck there. i felt if i was gonna love a ride, i might as well hold my spot- that is make sure i actually have dibs on an F. there arent too many, and thats what makes the experience of waiting so much more grand. the anticipation builds, so i highly doubt you'll second guess yourself and not want it after that 5k deposit.

with nearly 40-50% of the car paid off with that initial down pmt, you're looking at possibly 2.9% APR, but there is no prepayment penalty, so ive overpaid from what LFS deemed the monthly pmt just so i wont have to pay anymore interest than i need to. plus, i want my pink slip!

best of luck!!
Old 02-15-10, 03:25 AM
hahahaf
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

that wait is too long
I waited 3.5 weeks when i bought mine last year
and that was too long
i think i died a little
Old 02-15-10, 05:14 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a deposit on my car about a year before I got it. As soon as I found out it was coming out I put $$ down.. Refundable of course.
Old 02-15-10, 07:24 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tk005x
Went to the dealer the other day at Tri-county Lexus and talked to one of the salesman for a bit and was told that the wait would be 4-6 months and wanted 5k non-refundable deposit. Seemed like a bunch of bs and didn't even bother to ask him for the actual price of the car....

Just curious to see what deals people are getting these days and what price I should be asking for?

I'm looking to put down about 20-30k and finance the rest....what APR should I looking be for as well, with great credit?

My lease is ending on the first week of June and am looking for a late May/early June delivery date, does it really take 4-6 months for delivery?

If anyone has any recommendations for dealer in Northern/Central NJ where I can get a good deal + test drive that would be great. I plan to put in an order at the end of Feb./beginning of March if everything goes well.

I was also looking to get silver/white interior combo, does anyone who has had the white interior for awhile can share their experiences on keeping it clean? Do jeans really stain the leather?

Thanks..
if you are lookin for a 2010 then check rallye lexus out. they have the red one in stock and you can test drive it. i seen it there when i went in for service. if you lookin for another color or lower model year i suggest either ebay, autotrader, or craiglist. i wouldn't trust ebay or craiglist but check autotrader out. the leather dont stain if u properly maintain them.
Old 02-15-10, 08:31 AM
tk005x
Driver School Candidate

Well I'm looking to keep my current lease till its up. I can always switch to another car if I do have to wait a little longer..

Edmunds TMV price lists it at 58,498 for ML/nav option, should I be able to get this price for an order as well?
Old 02-15-10, 09:11 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Rallye 516 676 4000 still has the red and prestige in nj has a silver and a grey, 201 258 6173
Old 02-15-10, 09:55 AM
tk005x
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by malujerry
Rallye 516 676 4000 still has the red and prestige in nj has a silver and a grey, 201 258 6173
Ok thanks. I was actually just thinking about going to Prestige and if anyone has any recommendations for salesman there that would be great.

I'll probably take a test drive at the end of this week and put an order in, thinking about silver/white interior... anyone else got any regrets with the white interior? I don't wanna have to worry about wearing jeans or telling people to GTFO if they got them on

How much deposit/asking price should I be looking for?

Last edited by tk005x; 02-15-10 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-15-10, 10:17 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Of course jeans and any other dyed material will shed dye on leather seats and discolor them. A Z-06 that I owned had red leather inserts in the seats and even they picked up the dye from jeans, etc. White leather? You can guess.
Old 02-15-10, 10:33 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

white can definitely be a PITA. in one of my older cars, constant maintenance just to not have any discoloration from others' clothing materials was key. i was using a leather cleaner probably every other week, but it got to the point where i just decided to put sheepskin covers. sure it doesnt look as nice as seeing the alpine interior, but it prevents constant maintenance
Old 02-15-10, 11:20 AM
gs2isf
Lead Lap

If you like wearing jeans DON"T get the alpine....I have had it since the F came out...love it no issues at all for ME BUT I don not wear any jeans or any other fabric that bleeds. And yes I do tell ppl to F*off if they try to get in my car with jeans Uless you wear chinos or cargo pants every day forget about the alpine. Gotta admit the alpine does look hot and everyone seems to agree
Old 02-15-10, 11:32 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Ok thanks. I was actually just thinking about going to Prestige and if anyone has any recommendations for salesman there that would be great.

I'll probably take a test drive at the end of this week and put an order in, thinking about silver/white interior... anyone else got any regrets with the white interior? I don't wanna have to worry about wearing jeans or telling people to GTFO if they got them on

How much deposit/asking price should I be looking for?
Prestige, ask for gene moretti. Rallye, ask for frank.

white interior does pick up blue dye from jeans over time. ask people not to have sweaty asses.

deposit do not really matter unless you are financing/leasing. i usually put a $500 refundable deposit to hold a car if i really want it, i've always made a full purchase or just took the deposit back if wifey did not approve of the car.

shoot for edmunds TMV or less. i've always got mine a few hundred less than it.

i had rallye lexus and prestige lexus fight with each other over price, but i knew i was leaning towards white at prestige for about $48,680 than the blue at rallye for about $48,700 plus 2 free oil changes when i was looking. yeah it's ***** move on my behalf towards the salesman, but it's my money.
Old 02-15-10, 04:19 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i think i took ur blue jerry. lol got a better deal on it.
Old 02-15-10, 08:06 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Well I'm looking to keep my current lease till its up. I can always switch to another car if I do have to wait a little longer..

Edmunds TMV price lists it at 58,498 for ML/nav option, should I be able to get this price for an order as well?
Edmunds pricing is very unrealistic. Carsdirect.com has better/realistic numbers for car pricing.

as for what you get at the dealers...depending in the region you are in, you will most likely see the ISF with Mark Levinson/Navigation. The central regions usually package their ISF's with ML/NAV and Park Assist. Those in the north east and such package their cars with ML/NAV, Park Assist and Headlamp Washers.

The 2010 ISF will be a special order car due to the market conditions and demand. You're better off trying to deal with what your local dealers have. But if you're interested in going out of state, you may have better luck with different color combos. Anything with Alpine interior is going to be a very very very hard find. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Looking to order an ISF