IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F Tein Comfort Sport Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-09, 12:33 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the IS-F with a set of ISS Forged FS-20 Sport Compact Series and the Tein CS

Old 12-01-09, 10:19 PM
Christan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the EDFC controller installed as i did my suspension change from stock to Tein's SCs. I must say that the ability to adjust firmness of the suspension just adds another dimension to the car in terms of versatility and also comfort. For example you can adjust the settings from 0 - very firm to 16 softer and slightly more bouncy.

To me, this was an essential upgrade. And all my passengers agree.
Old 12-01-09, 10:44 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

incredible! they look just right for the F. its clearly a great option, and i like the controller option to adjust the setting. for those who think the M3's adjustable setting was the single factor in choosing that over the F, i think this EDFC controller might sway more towards the F now.
Old 12-02-09, 05:59 AM
Splat
Lead Lap

Great shot janoy! (the other one though.... lol)

As for the ride quality. Well i have had the car back for all of two days and its a beast nice and low. The ride is a little stiffer then stock but coming from my STi track setup its still streetable to me and not bad at all. Hell the GF didnt complain about it so it passed that test.
Old 12-02-09, 06:04 PM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Glad you like it Splat!
Old 12-04-09, 08:37 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ok this is probably a question for many but surprised no one has asked yet...

For us BCR coilover owners who are UNHAPPY with the 12k/10k springs rates and NEVER was told we can pick, I'm in the market for a new coilover setup that was specifically designed for the IS-F's heavier v8 engine.

What are the spring rates on the Tien?

How do they compare vs. the BCR and KWV3's?

Those two answers would help us determine what to switch to....
Old 12-05-09, 06:49 AM
Fitment Factory
Lexus Champion

Spring Rate

kgf/mm,lbs/in
Front = 12/671
Rear = 10/559

To be honest I don't have experience with BCR and KWV3's on the ISF so I cannot really make a fair comparison. Maybe someone else can chime in!
Old 05-06-10, 11:40 PM
eXstasy
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISSForged
Ok so after driving the car all day I have to say that it is a little stiffer then the stock suspension. It is a lot more responsive and the car handles like it's on rails. The ride is smooth and very comfortable and that was said by my 65 year old father. Over all I have to say that the car feels a lot sportier and I am very happy with the Teins CS.
Stiffer than stock is okay... but the real question is... does it eliminate the bounciness of the stock suspension?
Old 05-06-10, 11:44 PM
trackdood
Pole Position

anything that has adjustable valving and the correct valve for the oscillation of the spring should be able to help with bouncy feeling. to be honest the ISF suspension is awesome. i wish it would have an adjustable setting like the M3 for sport which stiffens it more.
Old 05-06-10, 11:47 PM
eXstasy
Rookie

Originally Posted by trackdood
anything that has adjustable valving and the correct valve for the oscillation of the spring should be able to help with bouncy feeling. to be honest the ISF suspension is awesome. i wish it would have an adjustable setting like the M3 for sport which stiffens it more.
I do like the ISF suspension in most cases but there are those times when it just breaks my back and makes my passengers fly and this makes me sad. I too wish it had adjustable settings because then it would have the ability to deal with more situations.
Old 05-07-10, 07:29 AM
awd1973
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eXstasy
I do like the ISF suspension in most cases but there are those times when it just breaks my back and makes my passengers fly and this makes me sad. I too wish it had adjustable settings because then it would have the ability to deal with more situations.
I would have to agree with you. Just wish there was a way to tone it down for the rear seat passengers.
Old 05-08-10, 07:46 AM
sickISF
Driver

NICE....looks like some real quality stuff there!
Old 05-08-10, 12:47 PM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

look good, but by looking at the pics of the coils, look like the rear coil didn't come with the upper mount? do you have to use the factory upper mount?
Old 05-08-10, 01:09 PM
Ekorre
Rookie

those teeth on the coilover look a lot easier to rotate than the ****ty sliver that I ve always had to deal with on other brands of coilovers, and those wrenches that barely hook in. Looks like a good product.
Old 05-18-10, 07:05 AM
weaponX
Driver School Candidate

Anybody else want to comment on their experience with the Tein Comfort Sport Coilovers, specifically built for the IS-F?

I'm more interested on feedback with regards to some improvement on ride quality and how it affects handling? Not so much on lowering the ride height.

Does the EDFC controller automatically come with the set-up, or is that separate?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: IS-F Tein Comfort Sport Install