IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Twin turbo IS-F 1/4 mile *VIDEO* Somone please confirm...Grrrr

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-09, 07:47 AM
NACNAC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin turbo IS-F 1/4 mile *VIDEO* Somone please confirm...Grrrr

Supposedly a 600hp STS-V vs. TT IS-F (it is cause you can actually hear the turbos) Why is it that the only damn video of a TT IS-F 1/4 mile, it does not show the time?....WTF.

***** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3vqTknHA1Y *****

The guy who posted the vid said 11.4 street tires and 10.8 slicks. Easier said than done tho......
Besides, Artisan performance says sub 12 second time...??? So i dont know what the hell to believe. Im in process of getting something fast and Im considering a TT IS-F. How to make a decision with non credible info like this.......any help would be great
Thanks everyone.
Old 11-03-09, 07:51 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

had to drown out the ppl screaming but damn that sounds nice.
Old 11-03-09, 08:08 AM
jaslapp1
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

11.4 on street tires sounds about right for me.
Old 11-03-09, 08:23 AM
Dymelos
Rookie

Ah the perfect match of the awesome intake/exhuast sound and the wonderful whistle of a turbo, never thought it would sound so good together. I might have to do it as well.
Old 11-03-09, 08:43 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

i still don't get buying a heavy $60k car, then putting a questionable $15k turbo on it. if someone is after speed, there are better choices at the total price of $75k.
Old 11-03-09, 08:49 AM
jkeifer3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree. Don't buy the IS-F if speed's where your head's at.
Old 11-03-09, 09:22 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeifer3
I agree. Don't buy the IS-F if speed's where your head's at.
It's all relative. For most people, sub 4.5 sec 0-60 is plenty fast. And it's always fun to mod.

I enjoyed the video very much.
Old 11-03-09, 10:14 AM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by malujerry
i still don't get buying a heavy $60k car, then putting a questionable $15k turbo on it. if someone is after speed, there are better choices at the total price of $75k.
amen 100% correct

I think this is a repost and this guy with the ISF lies out his azz. Maybe it could run a sub 11sec or sub 12sec time but there has been no prof of it doing so. SO until someone proves it to me its a mid 12 sec car. All the people claiming these great times with a Artisan kit have never been proved and I would never put this kit on my car. Even Artisan who makes the kits havent proved its times. It might be making it on the dyno but its not on the street or track

Last edited by kickhard; 11-03-09 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-03-09, 11:39 AM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Exclamation Rant!

Originally Posted by montgb
It's all relative. For most people, sub 4.5 sec 0-60 is plenty fast. And it's always fun to mod.

I enjoyed the video very much.
I did like the video, and I like some modding. But this is where the phrase "to each it's own" has gone too far and abused.

IMHO, this starts to borderline with people who turn their civic/evo/etc engines into pressure cookers with all get high with all that PSI. To me, modding is like clothes. You get a nice tie, belt, even shoe laces for an used suit. You don't glue on cleats to dress shoes to prove you can do everything.

I guess I'm being judgmental, because the only good out of this I can see is that you can pull up to a few exotics and beat them. Unfortunately, I'm sure they would think the same thing I think when I hear a race modded civic/evo/etc pull up to me wanting to race - "ghetto rich - ricer version".

I didn't mean to rant or want to get into an internet argument. Too late now but I just gotta know if I'm alone in this.

Last edited by malujerry; 11-03-09 at 11:46 AM. Reason: put in rant excuse for going off topic
Old 11-03-09, 12:40 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by malujerry
I did like the video, and I like some modding. But this is where the phrase "to each it's own" has gone too far and abused.

IMHO, this starts to borderline with people who turn their civic/evo/etc engines into pressure cookers with all get high with all that PSI. To me, modding is like clothes. You get a nice tie, belt, even shoe laces for an used suit. You don't glue on cleats to dress shoes to prove you can do everything.

I guess I'm being judgmental, because the only good out of this I can see is that you can pull up to a few exotics and beat them. Unfortunately, I'm sure they would think the same thing I think when I hear a race modded civic/evo/etc pull up to me wanting to race - "ghetto rich - ricer version".

I didn't mean to rant or want to get into an internet argument. Too late now but I just gotta know if I'm alone in this.
I can agree with some of your points. This car though IMO is not meant to be a turbo high power car. Its not built to handle that kind of power and will cost you big $$ to handle it. Some engines are meant to be N/A and some low compression turbo monsters. You can make pretty much anything fast with some money.........
Old 11-03-09, 12:48 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

There have been a lot of rumors about the Artisan TT kit, but one thing that everyone here has agreed on is that it isn't worth it. For a combined total of $75k, you can probably get faster than the F, twin-turbo'd or not. If you've got money to blow on the car and the kit itself, not to mention the numerous repairs you'll be accumulating due to the strain put on the powertrain and drivetrain, then why not? There have been reports of the Fox Marketing guy daily-driving his boosted IS F.

One thing is for certain, though, you're not going to be seeing considerable gains in real-life performance, if any at all, time-wise. I'm willing to bet that all of those who have been posting incredible gains are lying out their asses. There's no way that with close to 600 hp at the wheels, you're going to have any traction at all without putting forth some serious modifications, and several thousands more above the $15k for the TT kit. Oh, and good luck finding someone confident enough to put the scalpel to your brand new F and actually go forward with the install for this kit.

Last edited by FisforFast; 11-03-09 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-03-09, 02:19 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kickhard
This car though IMO is not meant to be a turbo high power car. Its not built to handle that kind of power ...
No doubt about that. However, I think that's the exact reason why some people decided to use it as a platform. There's something appealing about being unique and exclusive. That's probably why many people on CL mod IS250s. And I'll bet that everyone was interested when news of the "Twin Turbo ISF" first started making the rounds. I know I was, even though I knew it would be something that I'd never do.

Does it make financial or practical sense? Heck no. But it sure grabs attention.
Old 11-03-09, 02:30 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Maybe I'm getting old or something, but that video does not show a 10 or low 11 second run. Are my eyes deceiving me? Also the drivers paid extra for "no times" which should say something.
Old 11-03-09, 03:14 PM
kickhard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by caymandive
Maybe I'm getting old or something, but that video does not show a 10 or low 11 second run. Are my eyes deceiving me? Also the drivers paid extra for "no times" which should say something.
I have said that too. I even posted on the youtube thing about proving the times he said with a time slip. Guy is lying out his azz

Cayman what did you post on youtube. Seems like the author removed it. ?? Lame
Old 11-03-09, 03:30 PM
AU_EE
Rookie

First, I'd never put that kit on my F... I like my N/A

That said, FWIW, watching that video, he starts moving at almost exactly the 21 sec. mark... It's really hard to tell when he crosses a finish line, but my best guess puts it at the 33-34s mark and he hits his brakes right at the 37s mark. Assuming he ran 12s, that would be 4s past the finish before hitting brakes.

Maybe he waits 4s, but it certainly doesn't look less than 12 to me? Watching that clip I don't think so...

Another point - most of the people that have taken their F to the strip have basically said the launch is the "limiting factor", and I'd say the intermediate times most post would collaborate that. If you can't put the power down, what diff does it make if you have more? So it starts to make meaningful contributions realistically when you're what? 300'? 500' down the track? I just don't see it knocking that much time off with whats left.

Quick Reply: Twin turbo IS-F 1/4 mile *VIDEO* Somone please confirm...Grrrr