IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is-F vs Z06 pros cons

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-09, 04:11 PM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ub2slow2
wasn't talking about Vette vs Viper, was talking about his manfest with the Nissan GTR.
this post was not about money! now u bring that up! dude has a r8 and an is-f! lol! im sure he can afford a zr-1. i am looking to replace my second car which is my is-f with a track car slash high hp road car. so i think the zo6 is a good choice but i do feel the interior is outdated and i do like the newer gtr but i still like the fact that the zo6 is very inexpensive to mod.
Old 10-08-09, 04:20 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FisforFast if you could even afford a Corvette then you would know how reliable they are. GM might have a lot of piece of **** cars for reliability etc but not the Vette. I've owned two and never had 1 single thing go wrong. I will take my ZR-1 when it comes in and race any stupid stock GTR rice burning piece of dung and sell it cheap when I win it.
You're comparing a ZR-1 with 638 hp with a GTR with 480 hp. That's a big difference and that doesn't sound fair in comparison. If you look at how many models of the Vette that are available for the same car, you'll be surprised why GM failed terribly in auto industry. I counted that there're 21 models just for the Vette. http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Sp...ette&trimid=-1
Attached Thumbnails Is-F vs Z06 pros cons-capture.jpg  
Old 10-08-09, 05:22 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrisburke
http://www.hbdodge.com/New-Inventory...oryId=26281981

is thinking of pulling the trigger..
DO IT!
Old 10-08-09, 06:44 PM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06

I've owned an 07 /C6 Z06 before trading it in against my current 09 /CTS-V cady . There is NO doubt about the reliability of the vette's , I've talked to at least fifty people who own them and made my decision to move on one .
I decided to trade in the big Z when realizing that our roads in ontario suck and on long trips the big Z was a little rough on my back . If I had owned a C6vette with the E55 magnetic suspension set up , I would have kept that car . However I still lust after the vette's because of their looks and durability .
The big V cady is no slouch as far as performance and with the luxury it provides it is ideal for long trips and very fast fun , it is completely different than the Z06 when it spools up and unleashes it's supercharged power . The V is superquiet when she pushes her poonies against your back as compared to the vette's roar and "raw" force of nature . Now I'm dreaming again ...oh oh...
Old 10-08-09, 08:43 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
haha and I thought teachers were poor...Lies I tell you!!!
We too know where to invest. But anyway let's just keep that our little secret, and yes we are poor.
Old 10-09-09, 08:32 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

FisforFast if you could even afford a Corvette then you would know how reliable they are. GM might have a lot of piece of **** cars for reliability etc but not the Vette. I've owned two and never had 1 single thing go wrong. I will take my ZR-1 when it comes in and race any stupid stock GTR rice burning piece of dung and sell it cheap when I win it.
I guess the main problem with your comment is that I can afford a $150,000 car like the ZR1. Heck, I own one (a $150k car, not a ZR1). I'd be curious to see how well you hold up against a Godzilla on a track, though. Going in a straigth line from a roll is not a testament of skill.
Old 10-09-09, 09:50 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

That's a hard choice. The way I look at it, is that cars like the ISF and GTR that are paddle-shift monsters are just so easy to drive and go fast, even too fast. I really like that about em, especially from a DD standpoint. Z06 and ZR1 are unbelievable rides and I would consider them, if I could afford them, which I can NOT. With that being said about the ISF/GTR, there is something so raw that attracts me to American muscle like the vette and GT500 Shelby that I can't put my finger on. Regardless of build quality, they are just sweet IMO. Sorry for the rant
Old 10-09-09, 10:42 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Another point that's not mentioned yet between the IS-F and the Z06 is the IS-F will have a higher resale value than the Z06.

Anyway, who knows a Chevy Corvette will be made in China. GM just decided to sell its Hummer brand to China, so who knows if your high praise Z06 will be sold, too! Will it still be as good? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...100901701.html

I'd rather stay with the IS-F or GT-R.

Last edited by stevechumo; 10-09-09 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-09-09, 08:58 PM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Default z06 resale value

How do you figure that an ISF will have a higher resale value than an Z06 ?
Having seen what used ISF's are worth on the market compared to Z06's , I don't think so . Z06 vette's hold their value quite well .
Old 10-09-09, 10:32 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by B D HEMI
Having seen what used ISF's are worth on the market compared to Z06's , I don't think so . Z06 vette's hold their value quite well .
Not really. The used ones that SELL go for about 40k.
Old 10-09-09, 11:00 PM
Reciprocal
Driver

Z06 vette's hold their value quite well .
+1

Vette's hold a traditionally strong resale value.

If someone can't decide between a Z06 and an IS-F, they would have to be a clueless idiot. The cars are not in the same class with each other. One has two doors. One has 4 seats. They are both good in their respective class.

Last edited by Reciprocal; 10-09-09 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-10-09, 02:59 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Most current new domestic cars lose resale value terribly when comparing to Japanese cars. I can get a low mileage 2006 Z06 for around $40K now. If I'm not mistaken, it used to be around $70K new. The depreciation % may be higher than other domestic cars, but it's not that high in general.
Old 10-10-09, 08:12 AM
rutiger
Rookie

Originally Posted by MRxSLAYx
Not really. The used ones that SELL go for about 40k.
and a dealer offered me 41 for my less than a year old is f two weeks ago. great resale value
Old 10-10-09, 09:03 AM
LEXUSF
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok i am still looking but i found one i can get for 70k plus zero percent for 60 months or do 66 and pay cash now i just have to convince the wife! Lol!
Old 10-10-09, 09:10 AM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

ink up.... and get one ...... this ACR is killing me.. i want to make the commitment..

Quick Reply: Is-F vs Z06 pros cons