IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Is-F vs Z06 pros cons

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-09, 08:38 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisburke
as much as we all hate it and its bad name.... THE ZR-1 SMASHES MOST OF THE CARS... if i choose not to get one its only cuz I got a better deal on an ACR.. hahaha
I would definitely get a Viper ACR over a ZR1... not only because it's pure awesomeness, but it has no electronic nannies whatsoever. Both of these cars really need to start offering sequential gearboxes, if not only to compete with similarly priced cars which do offer such a transmission.
Old 10-07-09, 08:38 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

http://www.hbdodge.com/New-Inventory...oryId=26281981

is thinking of pulling the trigger..
Old 10-07-09, 09:25 PM
B D HEMI
Rookie

Thumbs up Zr-1

FisForFast you really have a HATE ON for chev's don't you . I mean really , a ZR-1 is overpriced ? There isn't a supercar on this planet that gives you this kind of performance and backs it up with the kind of "powertrain warranty" as chevy does . The dodge viper ACR is an awesome car no doubt but is hardly a civilized machine to drive day to day like the ZR-1 . If I could afford a ZR-1 and get a good trade in on my 09 CTS-V cadillac , I would pick up a vette ZR-1 in a heart beat ! Just my 2 cents !
Old 10-07-09, 09:55 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

he said heartbeat.. .heheh... thats a true chevy lover... chevrolet (heartbeat.. )) love it... i love both cars.. but i am also crazy like that to drive a car like that daily.
Old 10-08-09, 05:00 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris isn't down for the ACR or Full straight pipe!
Old 10-08-09, 08:31 AM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by t0e
Chris isn't down for the ACR or Full straight pipe!
hahahhhaha
Old 10-08-09, 10:13 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by B D HEMI
FisForFast you really have a HATE ON for chev's don't you . I mean really , a ZR-1 is overpriced ? There isn't a supercar on this planet that gives you this kind of performance and backs it up with the kind of "powertrain warranty" as chevy does . The dodge viper ACR is an awesome car no doubt but is hardly a civilized machine to drive day to day like the ZR-1 . If I could afford a ZR-1 and get a good trade in on my 09 CTS-V cadillac , I would pick up a vette ZR-1 in a heart beat ! Just my 2 cents !
I have a hate on for GM in general, mainly because my hard-earned tax dollars are contributing to the development of cars like the ZR1 and the CTS-V. I cannot deny that they are definitely an awesome bang for the buck... but a $150,000 Chevy is out of the question. I'd rather buy a car from our friends in Newport Pagnell or Coventry, England, for less. It will be more reliable than the Corvette and have basically the same warranty coverage.
Old 10-08-09, 11:46 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FisforFast
I have a hate on for GM in general, mainly because my hard-earned tax dollars are contributing to the development of cars like the ZR1 and the CTS-V. I cannot deny that they are definitely an awesome bang for the buck... but a $150,000 Chevy is out of the question. I'd rather buy a car from our friends in Newport Pagnell or Coventry, England, for less. It will be more reliable than the Corvette and have basically the same warranty coverage.
You slag GM but sing the praises of Dodge?

To suggest supporting Dodge over GM is beyond hypocritical. Dodge builds nothing of any quality or reliability. At least GM has some great products. That $150K Chevy will own 99% of the cars on the road, while the $100K Z06 will take care of 95%.
Old 10-08-09, 11:55 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
You slag GM but sing the praises of Dodge?

To suggest supporting Dodge over GM is beyond hypocritical. Dodge builds nothing of any quality or reliability. At least GM has some great products. That $150K Chevy will own 99% of the cars on the road, while the $100K Z06 will take care of 95%.
Don't you dare be putting words in my mouth. I never praised Dodge, I said that the ACR was the better of the two evils. On paper, that $150k Chevrolet will own 99% of everything on the road but given that the Corvette is a salt and pepper mid-age crisis car, in practice, it does not.

What you need to realize is that the people who own Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martins and heck any high-performance car like the ZR1, are not out there beating their cars to a pulp on the highway or on the streets. Those that do usually find themselves wrapped around telephone poles because they are unforgiving machines. But you will certainly not realize this until you own a car of this caliber; these kinds of cars cannot be driven to their full potential, safely, on public roads, under any kinds of circumstances. Lamborghinis are not meant to be driven daily, or driven hard. They are precious, fragile cars.
Old 10-08-09, 12:14 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

I would definitely get a Viper ACR over a ZR1... not only because it's pure awesomeness, but it has no electronic nannies whatsoever. Both of these cars really need to start offering sequential gearboxes, if not only to compete with similarly priced cars which do offer such a transmission.
Don't you dare be putting words in my mouth. I never praised Dodge, I said that the ACR was the better of the two evils.
Because obviously you can't remember what you typed last night....I've requoted you. You claim it's "pure awesomeness" and that you would def get it over the ZR1 with no qualifications. Sounds like praise to me.

On paper, that $150k Chevrolet will own 99% of everything on the road but given that the Corvette is a salt and pepper mid-age crisis car, in practice, it does not.
Your opinion only. The 'Vettes are incredible machines. Put aside your obvious GM bias and evaluate the cars not the companies.

Also keep in mind that the part of the reason that there are more "older" owners is that young people typically can't afford them....not because they aren't great cars or don't have appeal. Not everyone has parents that set them up.

Last edited by CDNROCKIES; 10-08-09 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-08-09, 01:10 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Last edited by hwy1isf; 06-16-11 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-08-09, 02:21 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hblexus07
I can tell you though that when I retire in 2 years I will be selling the F, and picking up another Vette, either a vert. or a Z06. Both have advantages and at either 436 or 505 the HP is there with each.
haha and I thought teachers were poor...Lies I tell you!!!
Old 10-08-09, 02:31 PM
ub2slow2
Driver

FisforFast if you could even afford a Corvette then you would know how reliable they are. GM might have a lot of piece of **** cars for reliability etc but not the Vette. I've owned two and never had 1 single thing go wrong. I will take my ZR-1 when it comes in and race any stupid stock GTR rice burning piece of dung and sell it cheap when I win it.
Old 10-08-09, 02:38 PM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ub2slow2
FisforFast if you could even afford a Corvette then you would know how reliable they are. GM might have a lot of piece of **** cars for reliability etc but not the Vette. I've owned two and never had 1 single thing go wrong. I will take my ZR-1 when it comes in and race any stupid stock GTR rice burning piece of dung and sell it cheap when I win it.
Wrong time to bring up the wealth... If he dosnt like GM thats his deal. I like the ZR1 but love the Viper ACR so im going to have to agree with FisforFast
Old 10-08-09, 02:51 PM
ub2slow2
Driver

wasn't talking about Vette vs Viper, was talking about his manfest with the Nissan GTR.

Quick Reply: Is-F vs Z06 pros cons